Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

did it for mackelmore last month and called them to follow up and they told me it was declined because i used pre sale. not sure if i should change it tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

sorry to jump on that thread but any of you got decline cash back?
    I've booked tickets in past using pre sales and received cashback. today they are telling me that 3arena presales (booked on ticketmaster site) are not eligible. Can't see this anywhere on their T&C

I have not got cashback for u2 tickets but have got cashback for other tickets I've ordered since then.

How did you find out presales weren't eligible?

I sent my order ID last month and never got a response, so I called em this morning and they claimed presale orders aren't eligible which doesn't make sure of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭bren2001

I have not got cashback for u2 tickets but have got cashback for other tickets I've ordered since then.

How did you find out presales weren't eligible?

Why didn't you get cashback for u2? I received mine no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Yep, that's a new one they pulled on me too over the last month or so. Working away ok with presale sites in the past, now they are being dícks and declinging.
    I have resorted to avoiding presale sites and waiting for general sale.
    I have found they are a lot more awkward/anal by quoting terms and conditions and trying to avoid giving me my cashback by any means.

• Advertisement

well there's nothing in terms and condition saying that presales aren't eligible. that's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yep, that's a new one they pulled on me too over the last month or so. Working away ok with presale sites in the past, now they are being dícks and declinging.
    I have resorted to avoiding presale sites and waiting for general sale.
    I have found they are a lot more awkward/anal by quoting terms and conditions and trying to avoid giving me my cashback by any means.

When did they start with the presale shenanigans? I bought tickets for Ireland Georgia on 31/08 in the presale and got my cash no issue (last presale purchase). If they start with this crap I'll be writing to the financial regulator or whomever is charged with overseeing this stuff.

I've personally already emailed the financial regulator to file a complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

bren2001 wrote: »
    Why didn't you get cashback for u2? I received mine no problem.

I dunno, I'll get onto them so.

It's in the t&c (not sure if it always was) that you need to book via ufirstaccount.ie, but that site doesnt even have events in Ireland listed, so ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They are well covered so the financial regulator will get you nowhere.

You've to book through the UFirst site and although it doesn't list Irish events you still go through the portal to the ticketmaster.co.uk when you can't find the event you're looking for.

For 3 presales you go through their special link so you're clearly not using the booking process or the UFirst site. They probably let a few slide in the past (my u2 was refunded, my UFC wasn't).

It's a pain but they've got themselves covered.

FR: "Did you go through the require booking process?"
    You: "No"
    Case closed.

They are well covered so the financial regulator will get you nowhere.

You've to book through the UFirst site and although it doesn't list Irish events you still go through the portal to the ticketmaster.co.uk when you can't find the event you're looking for.

For 3 presales you go through their special link so you're clearly not using the booking process or the UFirst site. They probably let a few slide in the past (my u2 was refunded, my UFC wasn't).

It's a pain but they've got themselves covered.

FR: "Did you go through the require booking process?"
    You: "No"
    Case closed.

That's not exactly true in the sense that when you search for even and get directed to ticketmaster you get to the normal listing page and enter your pre sale code on ticketmaster. This is the required booking process.
    I've have refunds in past going through ticketmaster first and then sending on order ID so there's definitely something not fair there.

You don't get to the normal listing page, you arrive at the ticketmaster UK site with the specific UFirst parameter in the web address, you don't land at bog standard ticketmaster.co.uk. Try and log on there through ufirst and you'll see that its not simply 'ticketmaster.co.uk' that you land on.

UFirst were most likely processing previous bookings made because they either weren't noticing or monitoring it correctly. I've had some refunds pushed through (U2) and some not (UFC) through the 3 presale booking. But the 3 presales are not simply logging on and entering your code through bog standard ticketmaster (either standard or with the UFirst web address), you're logging on through a very specific link provided by 3. Similarly if you log onto a 3 presale through regular ticketmaster.co.uk or .ie you won't have the option of putting in a 3 presale code; you have to go through their portal.

You can't complain that you're not getting cash back if you're not following the set procedure by UFirst. Sure it sucks, I'd like my discount on presales too (sure I missed out on what would have been a very tidy €188 cashback from the UFC event), but if the correct steps aren't being followed I can't complain that I don't get the cashback.

From their user guide;
    Only Ticketmaster events can be booked online through our Members Website at www.ufirstaccount.ie.

If you go through 3 presale, you're not going through the ufirst site. There's no confusion or complaint there.

sorry to jump on that thread but any of you got decline cash back?
    I've booked tickets in past using pre sales and received cashback. today they are telling me that 3arena presales (booked on ticketmaster site) are not eligible. Can't see this anywhere on their T&C
    Note that its worth entering your cashback from presales here:
    https://www.ufirstaccount.ie/Content.aspx?content=cashback-summary

Sometimes they go through, worth a go definitely. I was denied cashback for a Tidal presale. Entered it there a few months later and got my cashback.
    It seems the automated system doesnt discriminate against presale transactions the same way as the ufirst staff do (they go to great lengths to prove you came from a presale URL).

I just realised that Ufirst gives the best interest rate for savings too. It's 1.5% for any balance, no upper limit it seems.
    So it's better than any of their savings accounts:
    http://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/savings/manage-your-savings/your-savings-rates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I just realised that Ufirst gives the best interest rate for savings too. It's 1.5% for any balance, no upper limit it seems.
    So it's better than any of their savings accounts:
    http://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/savings/manage-your-savings/your-savings-rates.html

Different account completely. This is an account for children only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

tallpaul wrote: »

Yeah it is urfirst

tallpaul wrote: »
    Actually it is uRfirst, so I was wrong

Has anyone got TM vouchers and got the 25% cash back?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/giftcards?tm_link=tm_giftcards_header

I'm thinking I could get cashback on these, then get cashback on the tickets purchased with them too.

Has anyone got TM vouchers and got the 25% cash back?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/giftcards?tm_link=tm_giftcards_header

I'm thinking I could get cashback on these, then get cashback on the tickets purchased with them too.

Nope it doesn't work for vouchers (or bus tickets for that matter) as they're not deemed events.

• Advertisement

Nope it doesn't work for vouchers (or bus tickets for that matter) as they're not deemed events.
    Worked for me with earplugs before, but they were add-on item with a ticket purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ForzaForward1

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but this thread is full of information.

Are they still declining Cashback on presale tickets? Or is there an approach to take to get it to work?I tried to contact them this morning but the phone lines are closed except for travel insurance. When I tried to get travel insurance through ufirst a few weeks back I couldn't get through for days, kept getting an automated message saying there was technical difficulties. Seems they're winding the service down.

Im going to miss this account when UB go, I have saved thousands over the years. Have had a look around for something similar but nothing like it.

Advertisement