Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft brew offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My PayPal not refunded yet, it went through on Nov 10th. So still hoping for a delivery this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's annoying that there is a lack of packs of craft beer in Ireland. Surely it would be better if they were all sold in 4-6 packs in the €8-12 range as they could produce more and people (me included) who balk at pay €2.50+ for a single beer would be more attracted to them. Some of the craft beer prices in Ireland are outrageous tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Liam O wrote: »
    It's annoying that there is a lack of packs of craft beer in Ireland. Surely it would be better if they were all sold in 4-6 packs in the €8-12 range as they could produce more and people (me included) who balk at pay €2.50+ for a single beer would be more attracted to them. Some of the craft beer prices in Ireland are outrageous tbh.

Supply and demand, economies of scale, if your vessels are already full you can't just produce more without a massive investment in equipment or hiring batch time from another brewery if available which can produce inconsistent if not completely different results. Some beers may use expensive malts, hops, additions, be dry hopped, barrel aged have higher alcohol content hence duty etc. you can't expect to pay the same for a barrel aged imperial stout and a nondescript ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Liam O wrote: »

As someone who homebrews, I don't think the prices are that high at all. You can get a nice pale ale or stout for €2 which is very reasonable. One problem here is that most of the beers are shipped to the UK for bottling afaik. This adds a significant cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I "borrowed" the 10 off 50 voucher from the wife for Dunnes. Got loads of Kinsale Pale Ale and Trouble Brewing Sabotage Pale Ale, 20 bottles in total. also got the milk and bread to bring it to €50. Result is that each bottle cost me only €1.80 which makes it taste even better again and the wife got a new till spit voucher........Individual bottle prices are scandalous though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

The price point of MetalMan is harsh too.
    €2.70 for a stubby can in SuperValu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

TheDriver wrote: »
    the 10 off 50 voucher for Dunnes

What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

groom wrote: »
    What's that?

€10 off if you spend €50 I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kloppstar

spend 50 - get 10 euro's off you next weeks shopping - spend €100 - get €20 off your next week shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

TheDriver wrote: »
    I "borrowed" the 10 off 50 voucher from the wife for Dunnes. Got loads of Kinsale Pale Ale and Trouble Brewing Sabotage Pale Ale, 20 bottles in total. also got the milk and bread to bring it to €50. Result is that each bottle cost me only €1.80 which makes it taste even better again and the wife got a new till spit voucher........Individual bottle prices are scandalous though.

Sabotage is a quality beverage.

• Advertisement

groom wrote: »
    What's that?

We shop in dunnes nearly all time and til gives 10 off 50 which regenerates each time. Fun getting ut as close to 50 as possible. Its a nationwide promo

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Just for a laugh (not) i did some calculations. Say you buy 6 for 5 in Dunnes. Say you pay 3.2 per bottle. You take 3x6 plus pack of butter, or milk for family whatever to get to 50 and use 10 of 50 voucher. Total cost at till 40 quid, or 2.11 per bottle. How bad is this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

flintash wrote: »
    Just for a laugh (not) i did some calculations. Say you buy 6 for 5 in Dunnes. Say you pay 3.2 per bottle. You take 3x6 plus pack of butter, or milk for family whatever to get to 50 and use 10 of 50 voucher. Total cost at till 40 quid, or 2.11 per bottle. How bad is this now?

I can beat that, 500ml bottle of Grafters pale ale is normally €2 per bottle so 25 of them for €40 with voucher (€50-€10) works out at €1.60 per bottle

or buy 20 and get 5 free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

flended12 wrote: »
    Radikale brought out their new 'botanical' offer today. Very limited edition as far as I can see

Whereabouts can you find Radikale for sale?

flintash wrote: »
    Tesco is 6 for 5. Dunnes gave 4 for 9 euro which coupled with voucher works out about 1.80 a bottle for premium ale etc

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

TheDriver wrote:
    Tesco is 6 for 5. Dunnes gave 4 for 9 euro which coupled with voucher works out about 1.80 a bottle for premium ale etc

Even better! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

Whereabouts can you find Radikale for sale?
    Silver Tiger, I buy a lot of my Craft in Drinkstore in Stoneybatter Dublin, Radikale can also be got in Molloys too from time to time. Their new one, Radical Brew is the one with Gin/Juniper infusions and its delightful. Pay from 3.99 (Mace South Circular Rd, although I think they have it priced as any other Radikale) to 4.50 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,551 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just got the refund email from paypal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got mine today as well, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

They were a bit slow with your refunds. Did they contact ye at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,551 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They were a bit slow with your refunds. Did they contact ye at all?

No, heard nothing from them about it. Bad form really, it's not like it's our fault they fcuked up.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

If my mails are correct it was €40 for the 24 bottles of 500ml last year on groupon, its currently €35 for the same one through sim-buy directly or amazon.de Amazon are charging €14.95 for delivery so its a good bit more expensive alright at the €50 mark, sim-buy directly only seem to ship to Germany and Austria.

All the same €50 for 24 random German Weißbiers that you might struggle to find here in Ireland, €2.08 a bottle isn't a terrible price, although personally I think I'll hold out in the hope that it appears on Groupon again. Last year it was the 20th November that the offer appeared online so hopefully it will be the same again this year.

Ordered from Amazon.de on the 13th, paid the €15 delivery charge, dispatched yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Spocker wrote: »
    Ordered from Amazon.de on the 13th, paid the €15 delivery charge, dispatched yesterday

Which one did you go for? If you went for the Weissbier you are in for a real treat, Dunkel, Hell and Hefe's all gorgeous so far.

Worth the extra €15, any customs probs via that AMAZON route I wonder ?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Which one did you go for? If you went for the Weissbier you are in for a real treat, Dunkel, Hell and Hefe's all gorgeous so far.

Worth the extra €15, any customs probs via that AMAZON route I wonder ?

Yep, the Weissbier was the one alright. I'll let you know how it goes with the delivery, and if I get stung for anything extra

Delivered by my friendly postman this morning, no extra charges, yay!

**Now I have to wait till Dec 1st before I can open one... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ha, get cracking now, try the Hell first, then Hefe then the Dunkel, all proper good beers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Are they 330ml or 500ml?
    A review on amazon says they're only 330ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badlib

Anyone ever used Belgian Beer Factory?

They are based in Antwerp but ship to Ireland. Postage cost on anything up to 48 bottles is €12.
    They stock 1400 varieties of predominantly Belgian beer.
    I took the plunge and ordered a crate of Rochefort 10. Worked out at €3.30 a bottle. It's €5.80 a bottle in my local off license.
    I'll let you know if the beer arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Badlib wrote: »
    Anyone ever used Belgian Beer Factory?

[...]

Damn you for this! ;)

They've loads of my favourite ones, so now more money will be spent. :D

• Advertisement

TomCo wrote: »
    Are they 330ml or 500ml?
    A review on amazon says they're only 330ml bottles.

I'm pretty sure they're 500ml, I'll check for you when I get home

Advertisement