Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft brew offers

Options
  • 23-11-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Said I might start a thread on offers for decent/craft brews. Qualifying ones would be anything that is not available in the average Centra or crap pub.
    So none of these would qualify:
    Guinness, Carsberg, Budweiser, Coors, Molson, Smithwicks, Heineken, Miller. Basically the **** we had to drink up until the last 4-5 years.

I'll start the ball rolling with an offer in Aldi from today, the following are €2.50 per bottle:
    Selection of 3 from Brú 500ml (pale ale, red ale stout)
    Selection of 3 from Kenmare 500ml (pale ale, red ale stout)

And Whelans off license have the following 4 for €10:
    Goose Island Pale
    Sierra Nevada
    Some Founders ales

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Very specific but however .....

The Off License on the bridge in Ringsend has short dated Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat @ €1 per bottle ... yum yum

5895214587_45e1784599_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

O haras 4 for 9 euro until 01/12 in Dunne's. With there current voucher offer was able to get 12 of these for 22 euro so roughly 1.83 a bottle. Great value for a great drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

RayCon wrote: »

The Off License on the bridge in Ringsend has short dated Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat @ €1 per bottle ... yum yum

+1 for this stuff, my god

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

physioman wrote: »
    O haras 4 for 9 euro until 01/12 in Dunne's. With there current voucher offer was able to get 12 of these for 22 euro so roughly 1.83 a bottle. Great value for a great drink.

o'haras red is only 1.89 in tescos normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Lidl have some Irish craft beers 4 for 4.99. Theres a red ale, a stout and an irish lager.
    Only tried the stout so far but its the best beer ive bought in lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

What's the voucher offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

What's the voucher offer?

Spend €25 and get €5 off your next shop(Spend €50 get €10 off your next shop Etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Lidl have some Irish craft beers 4 for 4.99. Theres a red ale, a stout and an irish lager.

The lager is some of the worst beer I've tasted the last one went down the sink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Outbound

PLASTIC MICROPARTICLES FOUND IN BEERS

popsci.com/article/science/plastic-microparticles-found-beers

Outbound wrote: »
    PLASTIC MICROPARTICLES FOUND IN BEERS

popsci.com/article/science/plastic-microparticles-found-beers

I wonder those it have anything to do with some German beer using plastic bottles, which are actually washed and reused. If they tasted bottles of soft drinks they would probably find the same issues.

The sample size is also tiny

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    o'haras red is only 1.89 in tescos normally[/quote

The Leann follain is good value at 1.83 though hence the PIC

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

theres a savage pale ale from BLacks of Kinsale which Dunnes have at 4 for 9 euro. Add on the 5 euro voucher, bottles are about 1.85 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

Not sure if its 'Crafty' but Aldi are also stocking Berliner Kindl at 1.49 a 500 ml bottle. Quality beer from a well established and renowned german brewery....and its not just for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

When Tesco have the €20 off a first online shop, a few ales are good from there. All of which are tricky to find in their shops for some reason. They work out less than €1.90 each if you get €60 worth. Will keep an eye out for the offer.
    St Austell's Tribute
    St Austell's Proper Job
    London Pide

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ankers99

Lidl have tyskie 4 bottles 500ml for a fiver. Then wash that down with 6 gordons for a 10€

Haven't tried it yet, any idea who makes it for them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Haven't tried it yet, any idea who makes it for them?

Made by Rye River, same people who make the awful McGargles stuff. Wouldn't even call it craft tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

RayCon wrote: »

Its not short dated - its actually out of date - Best before September 2014
    I would not mind a few weeks - but september seems like a long time ago to me!

irish_goat wrote: »
    Made by Rye River, same people who make the awful McGargles stuff. Wouldn't even call it craft tbh.
    That McGargles is brutal all right, had some of their red ale

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

For anyone near the North or heading up that way ASDA have 4 for £5 which is about 1.60 euro on a nice range inc. Some nice StAustelle and Belfast range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

irish_goat wrote: »
    That McGargles is brutal all right, had some of their red ale

I really liked the McGargles red ale :p
    Must stop in to lidl and try this!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

Love a bit of brew dog. Never seen it on offer anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

ankers99 wrote: »
    Lidl have tyskie 4 bottles 500ml for a fiver. Then wash that down with 6 gordons for a 10€
    Tyskie is not something I would recommend. And I am from a country that actually make it. But there is good non pasteurized beer here Lomza from Poland , that I can fully recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ankers99

What do u dislike about it? I must admit it was the price that attracted me and thats like a decent beer to me. Personally i do like hobogoblin or and german beer with the german purity law symbol on it

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

What do u dislike about it? I must admit it was the price that attracted me and thats like a decent beer to me. Personally i do like hobogoblin or and german beer with the german purity law symbol on it
    It taste bit to watery to me. Few years ago, Tyskie was a very good beer until they were bought by Miller. Since then quality went down, to the point where actually not many people drink it in Poland. And it was very popular beer in Poland. Hobgoblin beats it any single in my opinion. Any local beer in Ireland beats this no problem. but thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

geecee wrote: »
    Its not short dated - its actually out of date - Best before September 2014
    I would not mind a few weeks - but september seems like a long time ago to me!

I had 2 the other night and they were absolutely delish. Friend had a few more than that and had a dicky tummy for the night. Put me off buying anymore even with the price and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I'd agree on Lomza vs Tyskie. Much prefer the former, especially if you can find the unfiltered version - goes bloody marvelously with spicy food. Most Spars in Dublin should have it, often on special offer of 6 for €10.

But the German purity law is resulting in German beer lacking some stronger flavours compared to most German beers. There was an article in the WSJ about how the purity law could hold back German Beer sells aboard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Are they 330ml bottles? Do they have the Pale Ale too?

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Are they 330ml bottles? Do they have the Pale Ale too?

500ml and not sure about pale ale

Advertisement