Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft brew offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Blue Helles

iW-1000x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Blue Helles

iW-1000x600.jpg

May purchase this. How long did it take to deliver vic?

May purchase this. How long did it take to deliver vic?

Paid 4th delivered today via An post using DHL Worldpost

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Less popular doesn't always mean bad, I bought this version last year in the Weißbier variety through groupon and it was an excellent set, myself and a friend went through the box together and both of us enjoyed every beer!

vic, that site above only allows users in Germany and Austria. How did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Paid 4th delivered today via An post using DHL Worldpost

Excellent news, I'm very jealous I'll have to take the plunge and buy another!
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement

vic, that site above only allows users in Germany and Austria. How did you order it?

Obviously doesn't.

Obviously doesn't.

You're not sharing then? :)

If you try to register an account, the dropdown menu allows Germany/Austria. Same for the Delivery form.

The terms and conditions say they deliver to Europe for €19.90. Even shipping to Germany is meant to be €5.95.

So how exactly did you get free delivery to Ireland??
    C. SHIPPING COSTS

I. shipping within Germany and Austria:
    For shipping within the German and Austrian mainland we charge per order EUR 5.95 shipping costs. When shipping to German islands we charge an island surcharge of 15 Euro.
    For bulky or special modes of transport the freight cost from soft of those mentioned herein. For example, this is true for many trampolines or scooter. In these cases, the freight costs are indicated on the product page.

II. Shipping in the remaining countries of the European Union (except Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Cyprus)
    For shipments within the European Union (excluding countries named above) we charge per order 19,90 EUR shipping costs.
    Please note that cross-border deliveries may incur other charges, in the form of tariffs, to be borne by you.

Not sharing? Thought I was the one that posted up the news that it was delivered to Ireland?

I dont know how, I didn't set up an account, I paid via Paypal that has my delivery details on it and hey presto.

All I said in a previous post, it was all German to me !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I think if you don't use paypal then you only get the option to choose Germany or Austria.

Have a feeling this deal is over :(

• Advertisement

Fair play if it works. When I go into my Account, I can only set the Delivery country to Germany or Austria.
    It seems mad that they would send it to the Address on your Paypal account.

Fair play if it works. When I go into my Account, I can only set the Delivery country to Germany or Austria.
    It seems mad that they would send it to the Address on your Paypal account.

Seems like thats what happened.

I got to order another case of different beer but all it gave me was an order number and didn't send me a confirmation.

I tried to pay by paypal earlier but that option seems to have disappeared:( I checked my paypal account earlier and the money wasn't take this time so....feeling they copped us !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Screenshot of paypal receipt and beer or it didnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I also tried to get an order through a little earlier and although it accepted my PayPal info and seemed to go through to completion, no confirmation email or funds taken from PayPal as yet :( Would be nice if they ignored the loophole for a few days longer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Blue Helles
    Link please.

soirish wrote: »
    Link please.

Go to their website and type in "bier"

I ordered one there and got a confirmation email from paypal so fingers crossed...

It's hit and miss by the looks of it. Did you order on laptop or smartphone/iPad/tablet?

It's hit and miss by the looks of it. Did you order on laptop or smartphone/iPad/tablet?

On the laptop...I got a email from support at sim-buy saying that payment had been received but also another email that Google translate couldn't make sense of!

Looks like my order may have gone through belatedly as well - thought I had paid via PayPal yesterday but got an email from Sim-Buy late last night which said my order was received but no money paid, gave me a choice of different payment options. Went with PayPal for real this time and got a confirmation from them that the funds are paid.

So fingers crossed once more! I imagine this definitely is a loophole though - I'd guess that they need to shut down PayPal inputting the non-Germany/Austria addresses during the order process. Given that other countries shouldn't even be accepted, that's probably why no postal charges are being levied; they are probably only called by the system when either Germany or Austria addresses are added!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Definitely a booboo on their end, theres even a €15 surcharge to the german islands let alone Ireland.

Shipping in the remaining countries of the European Union (except Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Cyprus)
    For shipping within the European Union (excluding countries named above) we charge per order 19.90 Euro Shipping costs. Please note that may apply in cross-border deliveries further charges, in the form of tariffs, to be borne by you

ionapaul wrote: »
    Looks like my order may have gone through belatedly as well - thought I had paid via PayPal yesterday but got an email from Sim-Buy late last night which said my order was received but no money paid, gave me a choice of different payment options. Went with PayPal for real this time and got a confirmation from them that the funds are paid.

So fingers crossed once more! I imagine this definitely is a loophole though - I'd guess that they need to shut down PayPal inputting the non-Germany/Austria addresses during the order process. Given that other countries shouldn't even be accepted, that's probably why no postal charges are being levied; they are probably only called by the system when either Germany or Austria addresses are added!

I presume I got the same email. It mentioned that collection is possible for three days then printed out the terms and conditions. I didn't get any confirmation from Paypal so I presume they won't take the €35 unless I go through the payment process again as you did. I'm wary of doing it twice but I guess it would be fine.

I presume I got the same email. It mentioned that collection is possible for three days then printed out the terms and conditions. I didn't get any confirmation from Paypal so I presume they won't take the €35 unless I go through the payment process again as you did. I'm wary of doing it twice but I guess it would be fine.
    Yep, that's what I got. About an hour ago I got yet another email, telling me the order has been passed to the shipping department, so another hurdle crossed I think.

Are there any craft brewers in Ireland that ship directly to consumers, or do we have to go through off-licenses/supermarkets only?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are there any craft brewers in Ireland that ship directly to consumers, or do we have to go through off-licenses/supermarkets only?

8 Degrees, by the box only due to legislation

The licences required are ridiculously expensive here so most don't sell to the public at all and those that do can only sell in bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

L1011 wrote: »

The licences required are ridiculously expensive here so most don't sell to the public at all and those that do can only sell in bulk
    Didnt realise they sold direct, handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

L1011 wrote: »

How much beer is in a box?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Lucena wrote: »

http://www.eightdegrees.ie/shop/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lucena wrote: »

24x330ml

Yep, that's what I got. About an hour ago I got yet another email, telling me the order has been passed to the shipping department, so another hurdle crossed I think.

I'd post a pic of my haul if I knew how to upload from smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

magicmoves wrote: »

They have a mixed box coming out before Christmas too, which is very handy!!!

Advertisement