Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft brew offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Grafters is good drinking alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

stimpson wrote: »
    Grafters is good drinking alright.
    Is it not the same as McGargles and Crafty Brewing ones then? I assumed they were just making the same stuff for them all and giving it different names

banchang wrote: »
    Too expensive for a 500ml bottle of beer.
    It does sound a bit much for one that is brewed for lidl. They would usually be €1.89, and ones from other brewers like Ghost ship and Perfect Storm are usually €2.19.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

It does sound a bit much for one that is brewed for lidl. They would usually be €1.89, and ones from other brewers like Ghost ship and Perfect Storm are usually €2.19.

Its 6% so higher excise paid to revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

the corpo wrote: »
    If anyone is a fan of Ghost Ship and Perfect Storm, Lidl are doing a 6% Irish IPA from The Crafty Brewing Company for 2.49 a bottle(500ml), it is amazing stuff and worth every penny. A great kick off it and the nicest IPA I've had to date especially if someone only wants 1 to 3 beers max at home. It's great stuff.

Had that Lidl IPA last night, bought on a whim. Surprisingly delicious, very impressed. Think it was only 1.89 though
    Add your reply here.
    that explains why I couldn't did it in aldi last night.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Not for sale until May 8th and they'll also be selling an O'Shea's Wheat Beer Belgian Style 4.3% at €1.89 per 500ml from May 8th also

Also have three types of Armagh Craft Cider, Dry, Medium and Sweet, selling now at €2.29 er 500ml
    Definitely from May 8th is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Definitely from May 8th is it?

According to their "summer" brochure it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Looking forward trying the Lidl/Rye River Pale Ale and IPA. The Grafters stuff in Dunnes is lovely for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought grafters was pure muck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

TheDriver wrote: »
    I thought grafters was pure muck

We can't all like everything, benefit of liking craft. Be boring otherwise.

There will be a porter and a kolsch in 2 weeks. Grafters doesn't really count in this thread anyway because it's not on "offer" although cheaper than others anyway.

I do work for Rye River. Not touting, swear. Rarely post in the beer and spirits forum, lurk often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Aldi have some of the O'Shea's seasonal beers at 1.49 a bottle now. The dry hopped amber ale is very nice at this price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

If you see it, grab a bottle of that, Eight degrees Brewing - Double Irish Imperial IPA. Nicest one I've tasted in a long while it's not cheap but really is worth a taste. 9% too.

If you see it, grab a bottle of that, Eight degrees Brewing - Double Irish Imperial IPA. Nicest one I've tasted in a long while it's not cheap but really is worth a taste. 9% too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Etnies wrote: »

Must be good, seems to have given you triple vision!

Ha, was trying to post a picture, but boards has 1mb limit to attachments..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

The Grafters pale ale is very nice and very good value. The IPA is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

writhen wrote: »
    The Grafters pale ale is very nice and very good value. The IPA is also good.

Tried both. Thought they were both average at best. Wouldn't touch them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Aldi have some of the O'Shea's seasonal beers at 1.49 a bottle now. The dry hopped amber ale is very nice at this price point.

Yeah at 1.49 that is value. I picked up a few of each of them at the weekend gone. They're nothing special but decent brews at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Tried the Brown Bear Brown Ale from Aldi.

I can only liken it to drinking cough medicine. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

banchang wrote: »
    Tried the Brown Bear Brown Ale from Aldi.

I can only liken it to drinking cough medicine. Avoid.

It's a great buy if you're looking to recreate a Flaming Moe!

Theres an awful lot of reviewing and off topic comments in this thread lately.

We do have a ''what are you drinking this week" in the beer forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057124382&page=633

Can we keep this to offers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

Where will the kolsch be available? sorry if already answered earlier in thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Picked up some of the Crafty Brewing IPA yesterday, EUR 2.45 in Lidl, same price as Grafters in Dunnes. Good enough for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Picked up some of the Crafty Brewing IPA yesterday, EUR 2.45 in Lidl, same price as Grafters in Dunnes. Good enough for the money.

im getting into the craft beers now. the crafty brewing IPA is nice. i tried the red ale as well and that was nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

Can you buy the Clonmel 1650 anywhere other than on draught? Can't see it bottled any place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Dunnes are selling Guinness West Indies Porter 6% and Guinness Golden ale 4.5% for €2 each 500ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

atticus wrote: »
    Where will the kolsch be available? sorry if already answered earlier in thread?

Should be 1.5 weeks before it filters into the stores.

No sign of Perfect Storm in aldi terenuse. They have the sign up with the price all right. And they had all the new ones including the O'Shea session ale which is grand.
    Had to get ghost ship instead of perfect storm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

just tried the oshea session ale... its ok .. a bit along the lines of HH13 . like a second running of a ipa or something. also tried the wheat/belgian wit :( it filtered crystal clear. nothing much up with it more of a wheat ale than a wit beer

Advertisement