Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

CSF wrote: »
    Valencia, no?

I would say Shaw is nailed on with Rojo slotting in for Blind at CB. Though you never know with Van Gaal and Blind has been playing well. I would be concerned that Darmian would be rotated with Valencia alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »
    Valencia, no?

Rojo is a very competent left back. Valencia is a donkey who can't cross to save his life. More chance at Rotation at left back imo, especially after the start Darmian has had. He was rated by many as the best right in Italy and now i can see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Benimar wrote: »
    Apologies for the double post (I posted this in the WC Thread) but I'd be interested in hearing views from the non-WCers also and figured ye might not venture into the other thread.

Would appreciate some advice lads. I had planned on doing a 'mini WC' this week by taking a -4 or -8. Already taken a -4 and now have:
    Mignolet/Ruddy
    Martesacker/Darmian/Huth/Mings/Targett
    Ozil/Mane/Payet/Henderson/Mahrez
    Aguero/Rooney/Deeney

0.8m ITB

The problem is that prices are moving so quickly I will lose money on Mings and Mane and possibly on Rooney and Henderson. Added to that is Silva (who I want long term) is rising to 10.1m.

There is no way I can get Silva in without taking a -12 so am thinking about just hitting the WC and doing my 'mini WC' after GW4 or 8, when I planned to WC anyway.

By saving 2 FT I could make 4 changes for a -8 at that time.

Good idea? Bad idea? Worst idea ever? All opinions appreciated!

Very tough call.

I took a -8 myself this week to bring in Aguero (I'd always planned this) YYT (I think you need 2 Man City at the moment) and wanted to catch him before he went up in value and then had to get rid of Coates for Richards as Coates was going -1 and Richards was going +1 and it was too risky for my defence (Coates, Gomez, Oxford, Bellerin, Cedric) not to sort it.

I was tempted to WC just like you but the fact that the window is still open (i'm hoping for Pedro to Utd) and it's so early made me bite the bullet. I could end up regretting it but I'm happy to roll the dice on it.

In your situation

Mignolet/Ruddy
    Martesacker/Darmian/Huth/Mings/Targett
    Ozil/Mane/Payet/Henderson/Mahrez
    Aguero/Rooney/Deeney

are all possibly in danger of devaluing and I think this is making you twitchy.

The only ones that I think are really at risk are Mane and Mings. The others are safe for this week I would think (no guarantee). There are a lot of WC in play at the moment and you need to be hitting -110 or so to be a good risk of devaluing.

Cons of WC
    Lose out on some potential new transfers to Premiership
    Lose Potential Value Gains(you should have WC on Sunday evening for Max value this week)

Pros of WC
    No point drop
    Sort out your team for next few weeks and let you build up 2 FT (bar something mad)
    No team devalue risk

As I said it's a tough one and every person has a different tolerance/appetite for risk.

Personally I'd tough it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

zarquon wrote: »
    Rojo is a very competent left back. Valencia is a donkey who can't cross to save his life. More chance at Rotation at left back imo, especially after the start Darmian has had. He was rated by many as the best right in Italy and now i can see why.

Valencia is world class (at always hitting the first defender with a cross). Darmian looks unreal.

I stayed away from United defs in Wk 1 due to no DDG and the fact that he was the saving grace last year. I'm delighted I was wrong in terms of avoiding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Colking wrote: »
    Very tough call.

Personally I'd tough it out.

Cheers. Agreed its a tough call. Was going to WC on Saturday but talked myself out of it, then on sunday all hell broke loose and I nearly hit the WC then. Now with the price changes I'm tempted yet again. I'm not sure much money will be gained on the WC as not too many will rise by 0.2m but a lot of cash could be wiped off prices of good players.

I'm leaning towards not WC'ing but I talked myself out of Rooney to Benteke (c) this week, so my judgement is hardly sound :pac:

• Advertisement

Cheers. Agreed its a tough call. Was going to WC on Saturday but talked myself out of it, then on sunday all hell broke loose and I nearly hit the WC then. Now with the price changes I'm tempted yet again. I'm not sure much money will be gained on the WC as not too many will rise by 0.2m but a lot of cash could be wiped off prices of good players.

I'm leaning towards not WC'ing but I talked myself out of Rooney to Benteke (c) this week, so my judgement is hardly sound :pac:

No worries. Rooney was a coin toss and we all needed to see him in action a second time. Luckily Mayor Quimby told me to back Bentekkers!

I think the most value you will lose is .2

I think Mane has class and will come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Brought in Sanchez for Walcott and Mahrez for Ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

zarquon wrote: »

Valencia played pretty much all last season at RB right? While I think Darmian is obviously first choice based on the first 2 performances once European football comes in I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Valencia get some games:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

you should have WC on Sunday evening for Max value this week

You should activate the wildcard after the last price update of the week, the very end of the week not the start.

If I planned on using the wildcard this week I would be doing it on Saturday morning before the GW deadline, I would not have activated it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

8-10 wrote: »
    You should activate the wildcard after the last price update of the week, the very end of the week not the start.

If I planned on using the wildcard this week I would be doing it on Saturday morning before the GW deadline, I would not have activated it yet

I agree that you shouldn't hit the WC button until the last moment (so transfer count towards price changes) but I think the OP meant that I should have made my decision to WC on sunday so I could catch the price changes.

Ideally I should have, but only if we get a couple of 0.2 risers.

• Advertisement

I agree that you shouldn't hit the WC button until the last moment (so transfer count towards price changes) but I think the OP meant that I should have made my decision to WC on sunday so I could catch the price changes.

Ideally I should have, but only if we get a couple of 0.2 risers.

This was what I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This was what I meant

Got it, my bad! Worth mentioning though anyway as I know there were people in my league activating it at the start of the week. I really think they're not counting towards the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There is always that danger of having some drama happen on a Saturday and for some reason you can't play your WC that would be horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jimmii wrote:
    There is always that danger of having some drama happen on a Saturday and for some reason you can't play your WC that would be horrible!

Yeah I'm always a bit anxious of losing internet connection, FPL site crashing or something.
    I always activate the wildcard early in the week just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

What do people think of Ramsey as Arsenal cover? Can't afford Sanchez until I wildcard

LostArt wrote: »
    What do people think of Ramsey as Arsenal cover? Can't afford Sanchez until I wildcard

At the moment Ozil seems to be in better form to me. If not him I'd go Cazorla.

Ramsey will most likely be a must have at some point again but for me not at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hendo injury only adds to my concerns. I'm definitely not wildcarding so will have to wait until press conferences are done to determine whether I make a transfer or roll over my one remaining FT.

He's been a bit unlucky not to bring points so far, but there's a lot of complaints about him playing on the wing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I would pick Ozil out of the trio of 8.5 M's. He's looking really strong this year and will probably get you something like 2 assists every 3 games. His pass completion last Sunday was something like 54 out of 55 passes complete. Ramsey hasn't really looked like the new Lampard that would score goals every other game like they were saying one and a half years ago. It would be a big risk imo to rely on him to score you goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I need to get shut of a number of players but I'm wary of using my WC yet. I've been burned with prices and squad value is down to 97.6. And now Sterling looks like dropping.

My plan was to use my 2 FTs to do - Rooney & Walcott out / Aguero & Ozil in.

Now, for -4, I'm thinking Rooney, Sterling & Walcott out / Aguero, Yaya & Ozil in.

Am I just panicking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

John83 wrote: »
    I need to get shut of a number of players but I'm wary of using my WC yet. I've been burned with prices and squad value is down to 97.6. And now Sterling looks like dropping.

My plan was to use my 2 FTs to do - Rooney & Walcott out / Aguero & Ozil in.

Now, for -4, I'm thinking Rooney, Sterling & Walcott out / Aguero, Yaya & Ozil in.

Am I just panicking?

-4 to get Rooney out before Newcastle at home is panicky in my book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

jive wrote: »

Agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jive wrote: »

I done the same! Rooney has been terrible last 2 games tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'll be watching Rooney closely tonight. His confidence is hit but one goal and he'll go on a run i think. If he scored tonight he's captain material for those who like a risky one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think I might have to do a -4 on PVA. He's surely going to drop soon despite hanging on the last 2 nights.

I caught something on Sky Sports News about Advocaat mentioning something about how he needs to change things defensively and while he likes his FBs to attack he needs them to defend for now.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work the logistics of that :P unless he pushed him up into midfield....

I must do some proper research later to see some actual quotes and get clarity. Darmian or Kolorov would be in pole position as of today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Rooney and Aguero 10\11 anytime GS.
    Price rise \ drop worth -4pts?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think I might have to do a -4 on PVA. He's surely going to drop soon despite hanging on the last 2 nights.

I caught something on Sky Sports News about Advocaat mentioning something about how he needs to change things defensively and while he likes his FBs to attack he needs them to defend for now.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work the logistics of that :P unless he pushed him up into midfield....

I must do some proper research later to see some actual quotes and get clarity. Darmian or Kolorov would be in pole position as of today though.

looking at the highlights I was worried
    now I'm very worried
    problem is if I sell him this week his replacement won't even play as I'm happy with my 3 lads for this week
    he will have dropped a lot in price if I leave him for 2 more weeks though.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

after two awful weeks, i have the old WC active.. cant decide the best combo of "top" mfs plus i feel some chelsea cover is necessary..

any thoughts on a combo of these three- cant afford Haz, sanchez and silva tgether. would courtois at 5.4 suffice for chelsea cover for now?

city/chel/arsenal combo- 3 from ozil, sanchez, silva, toure, hazard fabregas.

at the moment i have sanchez, toure, fab ( major question marks over him though)

any advice welcome thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

FHFC wrote: »
    I'll be watching Rooney closely tonight. His confidence is hit but one goal and he'll go on a run i think. If he scored tonight he's captain material for those who like a risky one imo.

I'll be watching him as well and tbh I'll look to offload him after Newcastle. He could surprise people though, not being funny but he is a bit of a tub lord and takes a run of games to get going; couple that with the fact he hasnt had a run of games up top for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Need to make room for Aguero. Need to do one of the following:

Ivanovic OUT Williams (Swansea) IN

Fàbregas or Mane OUT Albrighton IN

My current team is

Schmeichel Hennessey

Ivanovic Gomez Kolarov O'Shea Saylor

Ozil Fabergas Mahrez Mane Ritchie

Rooney Benteke Giroud

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg