Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options
  • 14-08-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭

It's all about him this GW....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    It's all about him this GW....

one more week for me......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Seriously. It's Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

walcott --> westwood (probably tonight)
    Rooney/Kane --> Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Ah come on, the game hasn't even updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Watford debacle or no, I don't see Goodison being a good place to go to. Aguero LOVES an injury there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Can do Walcott to Payet and Ritchie to a 5.5 mid leaving me with enough to do Deeney to Aguero for a - 4.

Sound good to ye? (holding off on the second two until after they play)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Rooney and Kos --> Aguero and Shaw for a -4 is what I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ritchie to Albrighton just done there, imminent price drop forced my hand with that one. I've one more transfer to use this week. Considering a -4 to get Aguero in for Rooney but will at least wait until after the weekend games before doing anything drastic (Newcastle at home is a good fixture but form really is more important).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Invincible

Think it'll be Memphis byebye this week for me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rooney out, one touch in the opposition box the entire match and it was the 92nd minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

ShaneU wrote: »
    Rooney out, one touch in the opposition box the entire match and it was the 92nd minute

To put the ball out for a throw in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think the thread could be renamed the 'GW3 GTFO Rooney Thread'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Aguëro stinking 1 pointer absolutely needed now after Rooney perf tonight (to avoid immediate mass selling).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Okay everyone, listen up.

It's clear we're all going to sell Rooney but how about we wait until say the end of next week. That way there's no fear of price drops and maximum scouting options time.

Cheers ye're a sound, understanding and if may be so bold, rather handsome bunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm fully with Prodston here.

For all the ones who think past performances are an indicator of future ones, Rooney scored 12 goals vs Newcastle and next week could end up like this or...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Option 1: Walcott to Payet and Ritchie to a 5.5 mid (Suggestions?).

Option 2: Walcott to A. Ayew and Ritchie to A. Traore

Rooney and Depay are gonna make all the people who transfer them out feel silly next week. I can feel it. I'll likely be grudgingly absorbing any price drops on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Rooney and Depay are gonna make all the people who transfer them out feel silly next week. I can feel it. I'll likely be grudgingly absorbing any price drops on them.

I was torn between letting Fab or Rooney go this week to accomodate silva. Rooney making it easier, although I agree they could well hammer Newcastle.

FHFC wrote: »
    I was torn between letting Fab or Rooney go this week to accomodate silva. Rooney making it easier, although I agree they could well hammer Newcastle.

I may even captain him. That was the original plan but obviously that is no longer so much of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Walcott to Ayew done. 1 FT left. Can do Rooney to Aguero with it, or Ayew back to Theo if he goes nuts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Done Walcott to Payet tonight, to allow me to Rooney to Aguero provided Aguero makes it through on Sunday.

I may even captain him. That was the original plan but obviously that is no longer so much of a thing.

Seriously? Rooney was atrocious. He could've got a big chance at the very end but for his diabolical touch. Rooney's gone for Aguero provided Theo stays quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's hard to see United hammering anyone. LVG will be happy to just grind out results.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

De pay + kane out for Aguero and someone :)

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Seriously? Rooney was atrocious. He could've got a big chance at the very end but for his diabolical touch. Rooney's gone for Aguero provided Theo stays quiet.

I can see United hammering Newcastle. This is the fixture I signed the 2 guys for most of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

walcott --> westwood (probably tonight)
    Rooney/Kane --> Aguero

part one complete, even if he does start this weekend he's too much of a liability in the long term anyway so not too bothered about making the early transfer and saving value in the process!

I can see United hammering Newcastle. This is the fixture I signed the 2 guys for most of all.

Yeah but don't you think circumstances change and you gotta react to such changes ie Rooney and United offering little to no threat, rather than rigidly sticking to a plan you made when things were much less clear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

To get Aguero in for Rooney I have to do a bit of shuffling in midfield. which option is best, do ye think?

Midfield is currently: Hazard, Depay, Payet, Ritchie, Anya.

Option 1: Ritchie > 4.5m mid. Rotate him with Anya. Maybe Westwood. Gives me room to later transfer in an in-form 8.5m if needs be.

- Hazard, Depay, Payet, Anya, Westwood.
    - Kane, Pelle, Aguero

Option 2: Depay > 7m mid. Maybe Chadli/Ayew/Tadic. A lot of mid-priced mids in my team then but not forced to play a 4.5m mid every week.

- Hazard, Payet, Ritchie, Anya, Chadli/Ayew/Tadic
    - Kane, Pelle, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sheroman01 wrote: »
    To get Aguero in for Rooney I have to do a bit of shuffling in midfield. which option is best, do ye think?

Midfield is currently: Hazard, Depay, Payet, Ritchie, Anya.

Option 1: Ritchie > 4.5m mid. Rotate him with Anya. Maybe Westwood. Gives me room to bring in a good 8.5m at some stage.

- Hazard, Depay, Payet, Anya, Westwood.
    - Kane, Pelle, Aguero

Option 2: Depay > 7m mid. Maybe Chadli/Ayew/Tadic. A lot of mid-priced mids in my team then but not forced to play a 4.5m mid every week.

- Hazard, Payet, Ritchie, Anya, Chadli/Ayew/Tadic
    - Kane, Pelle, Aguero

2 with Ayew

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah but don't you think circumstances change and you gotta react to such changes ie Rooney and United offering little to no threat, rather than rigidly sticking to a plan you made when things were much less clear

I think it's too early to say that still. He was diabolical tonight, I was actually at the game and all. But having watched the Spurs game and the Villa game, I still see United putting a few past Newcastle. After that one I will look again.

Advertisement