Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yaya or Silva is wrecking my head.

Silva is, in my opinion, the far better bet but having Yaya at 1.5m cheaper allows me to strengthen other areas.

Opinions?

Its a big call if wildcarding. As PARlance said the 1.5 makes a big difference elsewhere. But for me it has to be Silva. His form, position and stats are irresistible. He mins/goal attempt is so far higher than last season. Goals will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FutureGuy wrote:
    Yaya or Silva is wrecking my head.

Silva is, in my opinion, the far better bet but having Yaya at 1.5m cheaper allows me to strengthen other areas.

Opinions?

For those going without Hazard I think Silva is the better pick. It's so much easier to find an extra 1.5m than it is 3m, if (and imo when) Hazard becomes essential again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

spock. wrote: »
    For those going without Hazard I think Silva is the better pick. It's so much easier to find an extra 1.5m than it is 3m, if (and imo when) Hazard becomes essential again.

This is the approach I'm taking too.

My bigger decision is Sanchez or Ozil. Big price difference there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

Yaya for Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did Benteke and Sanchez in for Rooney and Cesc.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I have aguero as captain but wonderin what peoples opinions are on depay after tuesday night, as far as i know janmaat will be banned for newcastle so he could really let rip down the left against whoever they bring in

I'd imagine they will play Mbemba there with Taylor centre back. I didn't watch the game on Tuesday but did see the goals, which were good in fairness. The one thing I did notice is the amount of time on the ball he got, something he won't get as much of against even a poor PL team. Not saying he can't do the same if closed down, but I'm not putting too much weight into tuesdays game for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Fair point, one thing i noticed was how he was taking far too much out of the ball after he scored the goals, suppose confidence was up and as you said he was getting plenty of time, but according to the scout he had seven attempts v aston villa....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd imagine they will play Mbemba there with Taylor centre back. I didn't watch the game on Tuesday but did see the goals, which were good in fairness. The one thing I did notice is the amount of time on the ball he got, something he won't get as much of against even a poor PL team. Not saying he can't do the same if closed down, but I'm not putting too much weight into tuesdays game for that reason.

Posted this in the Captains thread, but might assist if people are thinking of loading up on Man U for the Newcastle Game from a WC etc.

Newcastle will most likely do one of two things as they don't have a good back up option to Janmaat.

Option 1 Play Vurnon Anita at Right Back

Anita Chancel Coloccini Haidara
    Tiote Colback

Option 2 Play Chancel at Right Back

Chancel Taylor Coloccini Haidara
    Anita Colback

As a Newcastle supporter, I don't know which option fills me with more dread :(

Tiote or Taylor ? Which of them is more of a f@#$ up at the moment ? Taylor will go in with his heart on his sleeve and possibly see a red. Tiote is still rusty and will clatter Mata et al and possibly see a red.

I know one thing, If Chancel is at right back Depay will not be getting much change out of him. Unfortunately Defense is not made by one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any love for Souare?

Any love for Souare?

che, MNC,tot in GWs 4-6 would put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Any love for Souare?

Good player, best option from Palace defence. Could work in a rotation (haven't looked into it myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Any love for Souare?

Had him since GW1 as part of a rotation. Got the 7 pointer and benched for the 1 pointer, hopefully a cleanie this week. I wouldn't be playing him every week over the next month

Why the hell did I not make transfers earlier in the week!?
    Walcott -> ???? (6.1 - Do I want to continue without Mahrez?)
    Rooney -> Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kane or Rooney out for Aguero....

Both equally useless...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Dempsey wrote: »
    Kane or Rooney out for Aguero....

Both equally useless...

At this stage you should keep Rooney for newcastle. Kane is overpriced at 9.5 imo and underperforming so both need to go but Rooney is certainly worth a stay of execution against a pourous Newcastle defence

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Any really decent options 4.9 and below in defense for a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

zarquon wrote: »
    At this stage you should keep Rooney for newcastle. Kane is overprices at 9.5 imo and underperforming so both need to go but Rooney is certainly worth a stay of execution against a pourous Newcastle defence

Kane is only underperforming in FPL terms though. I don't have him but he's looked quite good for the 2 games and I'd expect an upturn in him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Liam O wrote: »
    Any really decent options 4.9 and below in defense for a few weeks?

Perhaps you should consider Bournemouth squad.
    They have an appealing run of fixtures and some could even drop in value if you wait a week.
    Could say the same re Norwich's fixtures.
    Made my 2 fts on Sunday for this week.

Liam O wrote: »
    Kane is only underperforming in FPL terms though. I don't have him but he's looked quite good for the 2 games and I'd expect an upturn in him soon.

FPL Performance is the only performance that matters around here. Matic and Schneiderlin are great footballers but i wouldn't put them anywhere near my FPL team.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Is a Sterling>Yaya, Kane>Agüero and Rooney>Gomis move for a -4 a wise move? Wondering how to play this one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is a Sterling>Yaya, Kane>Agüero and Rooney>Gomis move for a -4 a wise move? Wondering how to play this one..

Kane to Aguero seems to be the only one you're getting any immediate value from. Is there no way you can do it without the points hit? Sterling to Payet instead perhaps? Or Mané or Ayew?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

My front 7 at the moment.

Kouyaté Mahrez Hazard Depay Yaya Touré

Rooney Benteke (Pelle)

Should I leave Pelle on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I lost faith in Rooney,his last goal was in April vs Villa and has gone almost 13 hrs without scoring.Aguero and Silva in for me to kickstart my season.

zerks wrote: »
    I lost faith in Rooney,his last goal was in April vs Villa and has gone almost 13 hrs without scoring.Aguero and Silva in for me to kickstart my season.

He's not a number 9 imo. Watching him this season he is dropping far too deep, playing like an attacking midfielder.

767 minutes since his last United goal:

12.04.15: City (H) - 90 min
    18.04.15: Chelsea (A) - 90 min
    26.04.15: Everton (A) - 88 min
    02.05.15: West Brom (H) - 90 min
    09.05.15: Palace (A) - 45 min
    24.05.15: Hull (A) - 90 min
    08.08.15: Spurs (H) - 90 min
    14.08.15: Villa (A) - 90 min
    18.08.15: Brugge (H) - 84 min

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Opinions needed:

Is Henderson out for someone (I'm thinking Chadli) worth it for -4?

Was determined to take as few hits as possible this season, but seems Hendo is doubtful, and also he's likely to drop. If I knew for certain he was going to play, I might absorb the price drop, but if he doesn't play, and drop, I can't help but feel a hit would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Opinions needed:

Was determined to take as few hits as possible this season, but seems Hendo is doubtful, and also he's likely to drop. If I knew for certain he was going to play, I might absorb the price drop, but if he doesn't play, and drop, I can't help but feel a hit would be worth it.

We're all in the same boat re. players likely to drop in value.
    A few have mentioned that best strategy this year is probably to avoid drops and ignore chasing potential rises and I tend to agree.
    Hendo has 2 tough games in his next 3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ElTel wrote: »
    We're all in the same boat re. players likely to drop in value.
    A few have mentioned that best strategy this year is probably to avoid drops and ignore chasing potential rises and I tend to agree.
    Hendo has 2 tough games in his next 3

Ignoring chasing potential rises will likely hurt you by the end of the season. In the end it's going to come down to who makes the best decisions but the guy who has 1 or 2 million more to choose from in his 2nd half wildcard has a decided advantage in making those decisions.

Opinions needed:

I think I'm going to do it. Even if Hendo avoids the drop tonight, he'll amost certainly drop on either Sat or Sun (ie before I get to see if he plays).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I think I'm going to do it. Even if Hendo avoids the drop tonight, he'll amost certainly drop on either Sat or Sun (ie before I get to see if he plays).
    If you factor the -4 over the next 3 weeks (before 'Pool 2 tasty home fixtures) Chadli could well return at least 4 pts more than Hendo or your sub for him.
    A. Ayew could be another decent option for the next 3 games (don't know if you already have Gomis). He has the advantage of being on the rise while Chadli is dropping (slowly and far from the threshold yet but still).

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    If you factor the -4 over the next 3 weeks (before 'Pool 2 tasty home fixtures) Chadli could well return at least 4 pts more than Hendo or your sub for him.
    A. Ayew could be another decent option for the next 3 games (don't know if you already have Gomis). He has the advantage of being on the rise while Chadli is dropping (slowly and far from the threshold yet but still).

This is exactly my thinking for justifying it! It's just over a point a week!

Ayew is 7.1, and I don't have 0.1 in the bank unfortunately, otherwise yes, he would be an option.

Advertisement