Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »
    Rooney had one touch in the box against Villa. They highlighted on MoTD how bad he was and an English player has to be very poor for them to do that.

Depay is ahead of him alright. I don't think it's the end of Rooney though, a goal or two against Brugges on Tuesday and I would be tempted by a confident Wayne against Newcastle at home.

Early days of WC yet, no concrete plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Have just enough to do Rooney to Aguero right now for -4.

I could do -4 next week - Deeney to Kone, Rooney to Aguero but have only 0.4 to play with if I do.

What would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Have just enough to do Rooney to Aguero right now for -4.

I could do -4 next week - Deeney to Kone, Rooney to Aguero but have only 0.4 to play with if I do.

What would you do?

It's done:D

I couldn't risk Aguero rising and Rooney falling.

Now I can focus on my defence from next week onwards.
    Some doubts over Benteke's presence in my team as I had no chance to see him yet. I hope he does the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I just did Henderbus to Mahrez tonight anyway with my FT. Unless he scores big tomorrow I'd see him dropping by weeks end anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wildcard active motherbitches!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

Ritchie out for Mahrez, obvious enough for me 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Coates is about to drop, so think I'll dump him with a FT. Who would be the best 4.5m def to go for? Have Bassong and Francis.

At the minute I'm between Ward and Richards. The imminent rise from Richards would be nice, but would Ward be the better option. Anyone else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Coates is about to drop, so think I'll dump him with a FT. Who would be the best 4.5m def to go for? Have Bassong and Francis.

At the minute I'm between Ward and Richards. The imminent rise from Richards would be nice, but would Ward be the better option. Anyone else?

I'd go Richards. He'll hoover up bonus and Ward only scored his second goal today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Maherez Romero Aguero in
    Wallcot Rudd Rooney out!

Captain Rooney this week lads he's a banker too clean up points now I sold him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Kane & Hazard > Aguero & YYT done for free. Feeling good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

This is the same for me right now. I'm thinking of going for Richards

Hi there

Would appreciate some opinions on this please. I have taken -4 to get in Toure and Aguero last night (shakes fist at Aguero not going up!)

I have Coates also who looks like he'll go down tonight.

My question:

Is it worth taking another -4 to change Coates out for another 4.5 defender, say Richards ?

Or should I cool the jets and not jump on the Richards Bandwagon ?

o4jvcW5.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

25 point this week. Shocking... Hopefully a blank from Liverpool players tonight.

Walcott out for Payet
    Larsson out for Marhez this GW

Next GW
    Rooney to Kun
    Pelle to Gomis

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Colking wrote: »
    Hi there

Would appreciate some opinions on this please. I have taken -4 to get in Toure and Aguero last night (shakes fist at Aguero not going up!)

I have Coates also who looks like he'll go down tonight.

My question:

Is it worth taking another -4 to change Coates out for another 4.5 defender, say Richards ?

Or should I cool the jets and not jump on the Richards Bandwagon ?

o4jvcW5.png?1

You already have Oxford who won't play. If Coates drops to 4.4, your only option is to keep him or go for another 4.0 defender who won't play regularly.

The lack of 4 mil defensive options is a real annoyance this year.

I'd say go for the -8 due to that.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You already have Oxford who won't play. If Coates drops to 4.4, your only option is to keep him or go for another 4.0 defender who won't play regularly.

The lack of 4 mil defensive options is a real annoyance this year.

I'd say go for the -8 due to that.

Thanks. I'm thinking more and more that I have to bite the bullet. I always planned on getting Aguero in and had money set aside for that but I've also had to make 2 changes to my midfield. I chose not to wildcard last night but might regret that later.

Coates was supposed to be my nailed on 4.5 option but after Sunderlands last 2 games I'm very doubtful. If he wasn't going down I'd be happy to stick for another 1-2 but...

Richards is in a poorish defence and Sherwood is not renowned for keeping clean sheets.

Whittaker for Norwich is looking good also. Ward for Crystal Palace is usually decent for BPS as One Cold Hand suggested also.

Still, taking a further hit just for a 4.5 defender :( ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

2 FTs
    OUT Giroud, Rooney
    IN Aguero, Gomis

Did Giroud/Gomis switch on Saturday night and Rooney/Aguero last night.

Squad now:

GK: Butland, Krul
    DF: Shaw, Mertesacker, Ward, Francis, Cameron
    MF: Hazard, Sterling, Payet, Mahrez, Young
    FW: Aguero, Gomis, Sakho

Looks like I'll take a hit on Sterling price-wise but gonna keep him and see how he goes, not worth a -4 to get rid IMO. 96 points total with no-one to play tonight. Big miss this week was benching Ward but otherwise can't complain.

Walcott to anyone.
    Rooney to Aguero.

Potential to take a -4 and get Barkley in as my 'anyone'
    Pray

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thanks. I'm thinking more and more that I have to bite the bullet. I always planned on getting Aguero in and had money set aside for that but I've also had to make 2 changes to my midfield. I chose not to wildcard last night but might regret that later.

Coates was supposed to be my nailed on 4.5 option but after Sunderlands last 2 games I'm very doubtful. If he wasn't going down I'd be happy to stick for another 1-2 but...

Richards is in a poorish defence and Sherwood is not renowned for keeping clean sheets.

Whittaker for Norwich is looking good also. Ward for Crystal Palace is usually decent for BPS as One Cold Hand suggested also.

Still, taking a further hit just for a 4.5 defender :( ouch.

It's only 4 points! I'd take a chance on Ward if it was me. Pardew is a decent defensive manager. Was always good for a few clean sheets at Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Kane & Walcott out. Aguero and Toure in.

Should have done the Toure move yesterday evening but my app was playing up, so his price rose over night. Ah well. Hadnt intended on taking a 4 piont hit so soon, but was necessary.

My team requires surgery though but am reluctant to wildcard just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Lads would you wildcard this team? Asked this question on the week 2 transfer thread and held out
    Romero
    Williams
    Kolarov
    Bellerín
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Morgan
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.
    Already have Gomis in for Kane. Have 3.5m in the bank.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Lads would you wildcard this team? Asked this question on the week 2 transfer thread and held out
    Romero
    Williams
    Kolarov
    Bellerín
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Morgan
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.
    Already have Gomis in for Kane. Have 3.5m in the bank.

I wouldn't. If you were thinking of a wildcard, last night was a bit of a better time to do it for one thing. For another thing the spine of your team is decent.

IMO you need to think about moving on Fab, Depay, Rooney, Walcot.

This is how I started out my post to you. But as I started typing the list of guys you needed to look at I thought maybe a bigger surgery is required.

You luckily have not missed the Aguero boat.

Is your williams defender Ashley for swansea ?

Your keeper and defence look safe for now, but if you're going to WC I'd overhaul my keeper. (The DeGea situation is very tough to call and not worth the anxiety if you can WC)

A WC could be a good move for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

I'm thinking of doing Bellerin to Kompany, Cazorla to Mahrez and Kane to Aguero for a -8? That would leave me with the following:

Mignolet Schwarzer
    Kompany Ward PVA Janmaat Gomez
    Hazard Fabregas Henderson Dyer Mahrez
    Aguero Pelle Berahino

That or I use my wildcard and make numerous other changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't see what the fuss is about over Kompany. He won't keep up his current points return. Kolarov is cheaper and offers more attacking threat. He also has 4 bonus points from the first two games without even picking up attacking returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Don't see what the fuss is about over Kompany. He won't keep up his current points return. Kolarov is cheaper and offers more attacking threat. He also has 4 bonus points from the first two games without even picking up attacking returns.

The guaranteed starting spot making it easier to gamble on one or two 4.0/4.5 defenders that mightn't play Oxford and Gomez in my case.

gazump123 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing Bellerin to Kompany, Cazorla to Mahrez and Kane to Aguero for a -8? That would leave me with the following:

Mignolet Schwarzer
    Kompany Ward PVA Janmaat Gomez
    Hazard Fabregas Henderson Dyer Mahrez
    Aguero Pelle Berahino

That or I use my wildcard and make numerous other changes.

Mahrez is doubtful to go up before next week again I'd think. I'd wait on Cazorla and see.

I'd go Kane to Aguero alright and I'd look at PVA ahead of Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Is it for definite Oxford wobt be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Mahrez is doubtful to go up before next week again I'd think. I'd wait on Cazorla and see.

I'd go Kane to Aguero alright and I'd look at PVA ahead of Bellerin.

Need Mahrez to Cazorla to free up cash for Aguero though. Hmmm decisions decisions...

EDIT:
    Or I could do Hazard to Silva to free up the cash for Aguero as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Hazard and Rooney out

Aguero and Silva in

4 point hit but I'm happy with that. Would want them in for Watford in GW4 anyway and I still feel they will outscore Hazard and Rooney next week.

Doing it now enables me to do it with 2 transfers so happy to move fast here. Should hopefully mean that I can hold off on the Wildcard for a while

Need Mahrez to Cazorla to free up cash for Aguero though. Hmmm decisions decisions...

EDIT:

This could be a good option it leaves you with a balanced midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

EDIT:
    I did Kane to Aguero but had the cash for it.

Now your decision to free up some cash is a tough one... Maybe Cazorla offers less FPL potential than Hazard though. Silva doesn't seem to be rising super fast too...

Advertisement