Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

jive wrote: »
    I'll be watching him as well and tbh I'll look to offload him after Newcastle. He could surprise people though, not being funny but he is a bit of a tub lord and takes a run of games to get going; couple that with the fact he hasnt had a run of games up top for ages.

Did rooney not play up top for the majority of the run in for utd last year. Few games for England and then all of pre season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mccard wrote: »
    Need to make room for Aguero. Need to do one of the following:

Ivanovic OUT Williams (Swansea) IN

Fàbregas or Mane OUT Albrighton IN

My current team is

Schmeichel Hennessey

Ivanovic Gomez Kolarov O'Shea Saylor

Ozil Fabergas Mahrez Mane Ritchie

Rooney Benteke Giroud

Any ideas?

I'd look to Bournmouth (judging by their next 4 fixtures)
    Full back daniels looks solid and Ritchie looks appealing as a player especially having dropped in price.
    Decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Yeah already have Ritchie but might look at Daniels, looked good last night alright.

8-10 wrote: »
    You should activate the wildcard after the last price update of the week, the very end of the week not the start.

If I planned on using the wildcard this week I would be doing it on Saturday morning before the GW deadline, I would not have activated it yet
    why? I see what you mean regarding the transfers actually counting.

mccard wrote: »
    Yeah already have Ritchie but might look at Daniels, looked good last night alright.

Of Course. Sorry
    You know when you get an idea in your head.....
    Have Mane myself.
    Back to you: Hold Ivanovic over Fab imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

why? I see what you mean regarding the transfers actually counting.

In theory I agree with it, but no way would I take the risk with it either. All sorts of unforeseen events that could lead to me not getting to pull that trigger on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    In theory I agree with it, but no way would I take the risk with it either. All sorts of unforeseen events that could lead to me not getting to pull that trigger on a Saturday morning.

Not worth the risk. If they spotted that everyone was doing it they would change the rules anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

PARlance wrote: »
    Not worth the risk. If they spotted that everyone was doing it they would change the rules anyway.

What's the upside? I've missed the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Shane732 wrote: »
    What's the upside? I've missed the conversation.

The point is that the "wildcard" transfers would count towards rises and falls if not activated until the end of the week. The fact that people activate the wildcard straight away before making transfers negates the contribution of these transfers towards the rise/fall thresholds.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

zarquon wrote: »
    The point is that the "wildcard" transfers would count towards rises and falls if not activated until the end of the week. The fact that people activate the wildcard straight away before making transfers negates the contribution of these transfers towards the rise/fall thresholds.

Ah ok...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Didn't the lad who won it two years ago forget to activate it near the end of last season. Ended up taking a massive hit. Definitely not worth the risk.

Ranchu wrote: »
    Didn't the lad who won it two years ago forget to activate it near the end of last season. Ended up taking a massive hit. Definitely not worth the risk.

Someone in one of my leagues made the same mistake this week. Made 13 transfers and forgot to hit the wildcard button. Finished on -1 for the week after an actual score of 47.

If you don't have your wits about you, it's very risky to do. Sleep in on Saturday, hungover or just busy and you are screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I essentially agree with you. But in theory you could it all in the same sitting. In other words make the transfer so they count. Then 2 seconds late hit the wildcard button.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Aguero AND Kompany in before last nights price rise, along with another transfer to be able to afford Aguero, 4pt hit, and 0.4 in the bank.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Someone in one of my leagues made the same mistake this week. Made 13 transfers and forgot to hit the wildcard button. Finished on -1 for the week after an actual score of 47.

If you don't have your wits about you, it's very risky to do. Sleep in on Saturday, hungover or just busy and you are screwed.

I can see your mans face now as he arrived into the pub on Friday and United Villa on the box.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The benefit of that is so tiny its negligible though. Mental to risk forgetting for a miniscule effect on overall NTI

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Due to anticipated extra demand I am glad to announce the bandwagon will have extra departures over the coming days.

Destination: Memphis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I had a FT coming into this week and made three transfers so far for a -4. If I activate my wildcard now, will I still incur a -4?

Rooney to Depay, one midfielder for another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I had a FT coming into this week and made three transfers so far for a -4. If I activate my wildcard now, will I still incur a -4?

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

my main question relates to my mf.. i have .5 in the bank..
    curently its
    sanchez, mahrez, depay, toure, payet..

would i be better off downgrading mahrez to a 4.5 and upgrading toure to silva?

sanchez, anya, depay, silva, payet?

its the little things... is sagna likely to stay in the city team for much longer?

lastly, where do people stand on GK's?

courtois/4.0? vs 4.5/4.5???

curently its

its the little things... is sagna likely to stay in the city team for much longer?

Another way to go would be to pick a cheap striker who you could alternate with mahrez.
    Think Villa and Leicester are never at home in a GW.
    Ive got Stekelenberg and Butland in goal for a accost of 9.5 cos I think they dovetail well as far as first 8 GWs go or so I hope

Don't worry Rooney. Where everyone else doubts you I will stay strong, for both of us.

Don't worry Rooney. Where everyone else doubts you I will stay strong, for both of us.

Rooney will be this year's Lukaku, nothing while captain and trolling everyone with a haul when only the faithful persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hazard to Silva done, to go with last nights Walcott to Chadli for my 2 FT.
    3.4 ITB for Rooney to Aguero next week.

Still have concerns over Ivanovic, Coates and Mane amongst others but I'll see what GW3 brings before I do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

curently its

That's a serious midfield there, you must be sacrificing your defence or forwards. I think the first one is fine. Toure will give out a lot of points this year, especially if he gets pushed forward when Delph comes in. Considering you might be subbing a MF every now and then, I wouldn't try to invest anymore into it.

I'm currently going for 4.5 and 4.5, two keepers both from good defensive teams. However that 5.4 is oh so tempting and would be one to keep for the entire season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

That's a serious midfield there, you must be sacrificing your defence or forwards. I think the first one is fine. Toure will give out a lot of points this year, especially if he gets pushed forward when Delph comes in. Considering you might be subbing a MF every now and then, I wouldn't try to invest anymore into it.

I'm currently going for 4.5 and 4.5, two keepers both from good defensive teams. However that 5.4 is oh so tempting and would be one to keep for the entire season!

Cheers..
    Defence is currently darmian, richards, williams, huth, ward
    FW: aguero Gomis Kone

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

The question is, is Rooney going to score 4 points less than Aguero this week, or do I sub him in this week (already used my sub this week so would be -4 to get in. Or do I wildcard to get in
    Romero > Myhill
    A Williams
    Kolarov
    Bellerín > Shaw
    Alexis
    Depay
    Payet
    Mane>Silva
    Sakho>Kone
    Gomis
    Rooney>Aguero
    Subs

Hennessy>McCarthy
    Morgan
    DarrenFletcher
    Saylor.
    Have 2.8m in the bank. I'm going to hold my wildcard and wait to see if there are any more price changes, and hang on to Rooney.

Rooney will be this year's Lukaku, nothing while captain and trolling everyone with a haul when only the faithful persist.

It's all about to happen. This Saturday is the beginning of the Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

curently its

Cheers..
    Defence is currently darmian, richards, williams, huth, ward
    FW: aguero Gomis Kone

Thoughts?

Mahrez is on fire. Who knows if he can keep this form?

In your Yaya team who's on your bench every week? Koné?
    In your Silva team who is it? Anya? Rotate him & Koné?
    So basically it's Yaya + Mahrez vs Silva + Koné/Anya. I'd favour the former but it's a tough call for me since have a bit of a football crush on Silva :o.

In defense, Darmian Williams and rotate the other 3? Don't know about it (this rotation) but that looks good on paper ;).

Who are your GKs?

Advertisement