Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Adrian or Romero? On wildcard and have to choose one or the other! Leaning towards Adrian a.t.m., not fond of the idea of having to use a transfer in the near future to shift Romero, assuming that is either De Gea stays and gets reinstated as no. 1, or he goes and a replacement comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    Adrian or Romero? On wildcard and have to choose one or the other! Leaning towards Adrian a.t.m., not fond of the idea of having to use a transfer in the near future to shift Romero, assuming that is either De Gea stays and gets reinstated as no. 1, or he goes and a replacement comes in.

I think as a WC option Adrian is the way to go. There is just too much doubt around Romero. My view is De Gea will go but a new keeper will be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Howe "We'll pick certain teams for certain games, so everyone will get a chance to come in and play." #AFCB

Tinker man 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The following is directed at nobody in particular (certainly not you FHFC as I notice the word 'we' appears in the last message)

Can I be an arsehole and register my annoyance with people referring to the team they support as 'we'.

I don't have a clue who you support, I can't see the jersey you are no doubt wearing, I don't want to have to read through your post in painstaking detail to decipher which team you are referring to, just write Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Norwich;) etc.

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

We don't think you're an arsehole Swiper...:P

• Advertisement

The following is directed at nobody in particular (certainly not you FHFC as I notice the word 'we' appears in the last message)

Can I be an arsehole and register my annoyance with people referring to the team they support as 'we'.

I don't have a clue who you support, I can't see the jersey you are no doubt wearing, I don't want to have to read through your post in painstaking detail to decipher which team you are referring to, just write Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Norwich;) etc.

Rant over

?? My post is a quote from Eddie Howe, Bournemouth manager. Shoulda made that clearer maybe.

I don't support anybody in the EPL. For the record WE are playing Shels in Finn Park tonight and I'll be beside the drum roaring my lungs out. :)

Edit: And yes, i am wearing a jersey. :D

Sorry FHFC, I only noticed the we in your post after I had sent mine and tried to furiously backtrack by putting in that disclaimer:o

It was in response to a post on another thread, I didn't want to reply to it as I didn't want to go on the attack and I realise it is a tiny thing that I am in a minority getting annoyed by.
    There are only a couple of people who post here that I know of their loyalties, to be honest it means nothing to us anyway.

I'm an old grump:( As I said I'd rather not have to do detective work when all it takes is a couple of extra letters to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

There's no 'we' in Howe...

...oh, wait...

Sorry FHFC, I only noticed the we in your post after I had sent mine and tried to furiously backtrack by putting in that disclaimer:o

It was in response to a post on another thread, I didn't want to reply to it as I didn't want to go on the attack and I realise it is a tiny thing that I am in a minority getting annoyed by.
    There are only a couple of people who post here that I know of their loyalties, to be honest it means nothing to us anyway.

I'm an old grump:( As I said I'd rather not have to do detective work when all it takes is a couple of extra letters to type.

I thought I was thr forum grump this year!? :mad:

FHFC wrote: »
    I thought I was thr forum grump this year!? :mad:

We're all getting older, can you imagine this place in 5 years time:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What is the highest position a boardsie has ever finished?

Do we have a Top 100 on our hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

258 was my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is the highest position a boardsie has ever finished?

Do we have a Top 100 on our hands?

Saw a top 20 during the week think it was a 16th or 19th two years back followed up by a 200k last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hi,
    New to boards.ie
    I've been playing FPL for 3 years and finished in top 60k last year I think. (my best finish)
    Tend to play 3-4-3
    Is it too late to join your mini league?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

ElTel wrote: »
    Hi,
    New to boards.ie
    I've been playing FPL for 3 years and finished in top 60k last year I think. (my best finish)
    Tend to play 3-4-3

Not too late to join our pay league here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057459782&page=23

Entries close at 7.45pm tonight.

Hi,
    New to boards.ie
    Tend to play 3-4-3

Here is the thread about the free league, the code is in post 1 but I don't know if it's locked after the week 1 deadline.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057251889
    Try sending a PM to the poster known as Lemlin if you want to enter the 20e entry league with 2000 in prizes, you may be too late.

Hi,
    New to boards.ie
    Tend to play 3-4-3

Welcome to Boards and more importantly the best forum on the site FSA! Stick around and you should at least half that 60k finish.

Too late for the pay leagues but check out the FSA Qualifiyng League top 3 go up to the FSA Leagues proper. The level is super tough as so far I think 187 are in but its good to be part of the banter! All the free leagues should be open to join still.

zarquon wrote: »
    Not too late to join our pay league here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057459782&page=23

Entries close at 7.45pm tonight.

Need to have PM'd Lemlin by Wednesday to get in now I'm pretty sure.

jimmii wrote: »
    Need to have PM'd Lemlin by Wednesday to get in now I'm pretty sure.

He extended it until tonight. That means that payment needs to be sent by this evening.

He extended it until tonight. That means that payment needs to be sent by this evening.

Think tonights deadline was still just for those who had already made contact though or at least for regular posters don't think its intended for people who signed up today!

• Advertisement

Think tonights deadline was still just for those who had already made contact though or at least for regular posters don't think its intended for people who signed up today!

No he wanted to keep it open for everyone for another week! The consensus was to close it for anyone who had not paid by kickoff tonight. That's why i'm sorting paypal for those that have a list of excuses as to why they can't do bank transfers. There is simply no reason for non payment today or expressing interest to pay next week at this stage.

Joined the qualifying league

No he wanted to keep it open for everyone for another week! The consensus was to close it for anyone who had not paid by kickoff tonight. That's why i'm sorting paypal for those that have a list of excuses as to why they can't do bank transfers. There is simply no reason for non payment today or expressing interest to pay next week at this stage.

Thats fair enough. The more the merrier!

Joined the qualifying league

Good luck!

You too.
    Is there a reason/benefit for quoting the FPL ID?

You too.

So people know its definitely the poster who has joined and that the code hasn't found its way outside of boards users. Can't be having that sort of scum muddy our waters!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You too.

So I can know which team is which user

CSF wrote: »
    So I can know which team is which user

You don't happen to know how many points were needed to go up from L2 last year by any chance do you? Tried to find last years thread but there were no screenshots etc to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Here is the thread about the free league, the code is in post 1 but I don't know if it's locked after the week 1 deadline.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057251889
    Try sending a PM to the poster known as Lemlin if you want to enter the 20e entry league with 2000 in prizes, you may be too late.

That is last years code.

This years code is 1607-76438

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057462304

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You don't happen to know how many points were needed to go up from L2 last year by any chance do you? Tried to find last years thread but there were no screenshots etc to check.

Think the lowest to qualify was 2179

Advertisement