Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's what I'm hoping to do.The Fri night kick off could come in very useful.

Ya, my problem is Mirallas.

And its not the first time that statement has been made on this forum!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FHFC wrote: »
    Exactly the problem. My objective would be Walcott to Silva but if he drops 0.1 that requires another 0.5 to be freed up.

With the early gw deadline if he looks like avoiding a drop past Thursday night, which atm looks a decent chance, you would have the option possibly of banking so you can play him in gw2 but getting rid of him after deadline friday night saving other ft till later in week.

Depends who you wanna get in for him and the funds required.

It's of no real advantage if you have to use the transfer Friday night anyway. You get Walcott in your team for GW2 but have him transferred out before seeing how he or his replacement plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's of no real advantage if you have to use the transfer Friday night anyway. You get Walcott in your team for GW2 but have him transferred out before seeing how he or his replacement plays.

I don't care how Walcott plays. His gametime risk is too much and he needs to go. Depends what you are trying to do but in many situations there is an advantage in being able to make your gw2 transfer on Friday night and avoid a drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I don't care how Walcott plays. His gametime risk is too much and he needs to go. Depends what you are trying to do but in many situations there is an advantage in being able to make your gw2 transfer on Friday night and avoid a drop.
    As much as I understand and could (*) agree re Walcott, what about his replacement? Unless he's a United mid you'll be transferring him before he'd get to play. Dangerous isn't it?

If you're that determined to take that risk to avoid hurting your cash balance, you could as well make the move before the deadline and you'd still have your free transfer for GW3 anyway.

(*) Not that I wish it but a Giroud injury and Walcott running the show would throw a serious spanner in your works...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Shaqiri enters the game at 7.0. I'm not going to jump on that transfer straight away; I learned my lesson with Bojan.

Fun fact: Stoke now have more Champion's League winners in their squad than any other club in the Premier League (5).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Shaqiri enters the game at 7.0. I'm not going to jump on that transfer straight away; I learned my lesson with Bojan.

Fun fact: Stoke now have more Champion's League winners in their squad than any other club in the Premier League (5).

I never find those stats too interesting. It just means Stoke have a few players who were reserves at big clubs.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dónal wrote: »

Spoil sports it was a good one while it lasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Valdes and Johnny Evans won't be around much longer at United I'd suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, that'll teach me for believing statistics I read elsewhere without verifying them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chelsea just sold one of theirs (Romeu) to Southampton for 5m today so that leaves 5

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was shocked the other day when I realised Ryan Bertrand had played in the CL final for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lemlin wrote: »
    I was shocked the other day when I realised Ryan Bertrand had played in the CL final for Chelsea.

And it was his first start in the competition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah he played left wing ahead of Ashley Cole at left full. Was a strange one.

Got 37 points this week which is respectable, still have 15 mil in the bank so going to start upgrading my team slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Got 37 points this week which is respectable, still have 15 mil in the bank so going to start upgrading my team slowly

What! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

15m :eek: You should go Wanyama -> Sanchez and Wilson -> Aguero :D

What! :confused:

It makes sense in my head. I built up a solid team no superstars but regular starters and points getters, and actually had 17.5 mil left over but never realised made a transfer this week which made it 15 mil.

Have neither Wanyama or Wilson :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

It makes sense in my head. I built up a solid team no superstars but regular starters and points getters, and actually had 17.5 mil left over but never realised made a transfer this week which made it 15 mil.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

But why?! You could have still done that with better players.

But You did get over the average last week, so what do I know.

But why?! You could have still done that with better players.

But You did get over the average last week, so what do I know.

I'm the Arsene Wenger of fantasy football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm the Arsene Wenger of fantasy football.

You'll be the Dave Bassett of FPL unless you start spending that money:p

This is fascinating, what's your team (or id)?

Not in the boards league yet.
    Have Cech, Ogbonna, Matthews, Richards, Dann, Affelay, Larrson, Mane, Bolaise, Gestede, Beranio
    Lescott, Wickham, Widjelum (Newcastle player) are ther too so not too shabby a team really all solid if unspectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's crazy I assumed from ur OP that there was a typo and you meant 1.5. You got 10 more points than me though so fair play.

Not in the boards league yet.
    Have Cech, Ogbonna, Matthews, Richards, Dann, Affelay, Larrson, Mane, Bolaise, Gestede, Beranio
    Lescott, Wickham, Widjelum (Newcastle player) are ther too so not too shabby a team really all solid if unspectacular
    Be careful though! It's only 1 GW and one in which no premium player performed.
    With such a team you're gonna have a very low team value and it may comeback to bite you severely in the coming months.

I'd also be astonished if you can really perform with a Gestede-Berahino-Wickham frontline!

Silva got the goal in the end.

@MCFC: The Accreditation Panel have credited @21LVA with our first goal of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Silva got the goal in the end.

@MCFC: The Accreditation Panel have credited @21LVA with our first goal of the season

Ouch for Mahrez backers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

CSF wrote: »
    Ouch for Mahrez backers

Why ?

#JUSTICEFORSILVA!!!

Let's go to war against OPTA & FPL :mad:!

Or maybe not quite :P...

CSF wrote: »
    Ouch for Mahrez backers

Oh wow yeh didn't think about that! That really is harsh!

• Advertisement

Colking wrote: »
    Why ?

Because if Silva had been given the goal the people who punted backed Mahrez to be top pointscorer would have won. He was 250/1 to start with so even with it being a tie with Albrighton it would have beem a decent payout.

Advertisement