Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Silva got the goal in the end.

@MCFC: The Accreditation Panel have credited @21LVA with our first goal of the season

too bloody late! :mad:

was never really up for debate

do they not know the effect these things have on fantasy football :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »
    too bloody late! :mad:

was never really up for debate

do they not know the effect these things have on fantasy football :o

I didn't see it but judging by all the comments everywhere it seemed like it must have been very clear cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

iroced wrote: »
    Be careful though! It's only 1 GW and one in which no premium player performed.
    With such a team you're gonna have a very low team value and it may comeback to bite you severely in the coming months.

I'd also be astonished if you can really perform with a Gestede-Berahino-Wickham frontline!

Wickham will be gone soon enough I thought he would do well this season with Pardeww but he dosent seem like he will get his game. Gestede will be a great player and Berahino is a safe player to be too 10 points wise for centre forwards

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Wickham will be gone soon enough I thought he would do well this season with Pardeww but he dosent seem like he will get his game. Gestede will be a great player and Berahino is a safe player to be too 10 points wise for centre forwards

Interested in seeing how you get on over the next few weeks with that approach. Can you see yourself lasting with all that money in the bank or will there come a time where you can't resist splashing the cash any longer!! Have you used the same approach before? Post your team ID I don't think I would be a long in being very curious to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I didn't see it but judging by all the comments everywhere it seemed like it must have been very clear cut!

they were just too quick to award it to Toure. slow-mo replay shortly after the goal showed conclusively Silva flicked on Toure's shot. should have been changed there and then, but the politics of these things are bloody stupid

• Advertisement

Interested in seeing how you get on over the next few weeks with that approach. Can you see yourself lasting with all that money in the bank or will there come a time where you can't resist splashing the cash any longer!! Have you used the same approach before? Post your team ID I don't think I would be a long in being very curious to see the team!

Never before but in fairness I usually pick a team and never make changes. I just like the idea of having the money there so if we get another random player banging them in I.e Harry Kane last year I can throw him in without too much consequence money wise. It's keeping me quite interested this year have to admit, hence why I stumbled on here for the first time... Hello don't kill the new guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Because if Silva had been given the goal the people who punted backed Mahrez to be top pointscorer would have won. He was 250/1 to start with so even with it being a tie with Albrighton it would have beem a decent payout.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Never before but in fairness I usually pick a team and never make changes. I just like the idea of having the money there so if we get another random player banging them in I.e Harry Kane last year I can throw him in without too much consequence money wise. It's keeping me quite interested this year have to admit, hence why I stumbled on here for the first time... Hello don't kill the new guy :)

Its fun to do something a little different makes the game a bit more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Pelle or Benteke for captain now is my only decision of the week.

Not a huge fan of selecting a captain in the early Saturday game as it never seems to work for me.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That Gestede lad certainly knows how to head a football. He looks like a perfect replacement for Benteke, I'll be keeping an eye on him over the couple of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Silva got the goal in the end.

@MCFC: The Accreditation Panel have credited @21LVA with our first goal of the season

Did someone not quote corrospondance from Fpl stating that whatever scores were awarded to a player were final up until 1 hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. "Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made"

Invincible wrote: »
    Did someone not quote corrospondance from Fpl stating that whatever scores were awarded to a player were final up until 1 hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. "Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made"

Yeh the change doesn't make a difference to FPL at all. They only make changes after 24 hours if its Suarez!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That Gestede lad certainly knows how to head a football. He looks like a perfect replacement for Benteke, I'll be keeping an eye on him over the couple of games.

He'll trouble defences. Was a revelation for Blackburn last season and the year before. He knows hold to hold up the ball well and will throw himself around.

I'm keeping an eye on him. It's just Villa and Sherwood I'm unsure about. Bournemouth really should have beaten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dearg81 wrote: »

And up against Daley Blind Friday night, fully expect him to score of he starts. (Utd fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeh the change doesn't make a difference to FPL at all. They only make changes after 24 hours if its Suarez!
    Maybe they can make a second exception for Silva. After all Merlin is a magician :D!

iroced wrote: »
    Maybe they can make a second exception for Silva. After all Merlin is a magician :D!

It was ridiculous when they changed the Suarez one I can't remember their exact reasoning for it now but it was basically because its was "totes obv" which is really the case with this goal too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

If I bank my transfer this week, and then play my wildcard the following week, will I have two transfers for gw4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

MR NINE wrote: »
    If I bank my transfer this week, and then play my wildcard the following week, will I have two transfers for gw4?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Looks like Aguero is not going to play the full 90 this week or if he does he's not going to push himself too hard:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-sergio-aguero-faces-9853582

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It was ridiculous when they changed the Suarez one I can't remember their exact reasoning for it now but it was basically because its was "totes obv" which is really the case with this goal too!
    Hmmm... maybe we could use this precedent to put the pressure on them. Yeah I feel like going on a crusade now :pac:...

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    He'll trouble defences. Was a revelation for Blackburn last season and the year before. He knows hold to hold up the ball well and will throw himself around.

I'm keeping an eye on him. It's just Villa and Sherwood I'm unsure about. Bournemouth really should have beaten them.

I had much the same problem I've seen him a few times for Blackburn and thought he looked brilliant but Tim Sherwood fills me with dread but it will be fine for a few weeks till the wheels come off

dahat wrote: »
    And up against Daley Blind Friday night, fully expect him to score of he starts. (Utd fan)

I noticed he's 4/1 to score in the odds thread which stood out to me as being very generous.

Lemlin wrote: »

Yea the United match should be a good test for them, they've lost a few good players so they might struggle to create chances for Gestede.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I was thinking on banking... but right now with no necessary transfers to make I'm looking at saylor -- oxford

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

bezuaua wrote: »
    I was thinking on banking... but right now with no necessary transfers to make I'm looking at saylor -- oxford

any thoughts?

I'd bank rather than do that transfer definitely. Oxford doesn't offer a security of starts with Obiang around. He's 16 for God's sake so he's not gonna play week in week out :) You could be glad of your two transfers next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

bezuaua wrote: »

any thoughts?

That's exactly what I've done. Another clean sheet this week and Oxford will be in a lot more teams next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

tomaussie wrote: »
    That's exactly what I've done. Another clean sheet this week and Oxford will be in a lot more teams next week.

Although possibly not in Slaven Bilic's.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Will Silva get the five points for the goal that was awarded to him for the west from game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

People will regret getting Oxford in. There's no way he'll play over 50% of games over the season. Not that you'll buy him for the season but still. Could be alright as an enabler if you REALLY need that extra 0.5 or 0.4 as it is now but not for me. Not with Noble Nolan Kouyate and Obiang as CM competition and 3 or 4 centre backs ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

beaver111 wrote: »
    Will Silva get the five points for the goal that was awarded to him for the west from game

No.
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    People will regret getting Oxford in. There's no way he'll play over 50% of games over the season. Not that you'll buy him for the season but still. Could be alright as an enabler if you REALLY need that extra 0.5 or 0.4 as it is now but not for me. Not with Noble Nolan Kouyate and Obiang as CM competition and 3 or 4 centre backs ahead of him.

He's tempting, though. If you're going to have a 4.0 (which I think I have to, for the first XI I want), where there's no nailed on option, then he's probably the best option now as he looks good for a small profit. He's also as likely to get game time as Targett or S.Taylor in the long term I think. A West Ham supporting guy at work was raving about him before the season began, and I should have listened - the fans see him as the second coming of Rio. He might not be a nailed on starter, but I think he'll get plenty of opportunities during the season as he's groomed for the first team.

Advertisement