Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Have you a link?

No I got an email, can copy and paste it all up once I'm at a computer. Someone will probably have done it by then though anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    No I got an email, can copy and paste it all up once I'm at a computer. Someone will probably have done it by then though anyway.

It's OK. Got the email. Don't know any of my opponents in G5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Woukd kone have got a starting spot for Everton if miralles wasn't injured? Thinking if bringing him in but trying to figure out if he'll lose his spot when miralles is back fit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Gonna be a few 0.2's this week

Might play my triple capt next week. Not because I've any stand out choices... it could help me smash through the 50 point barrier...for the season, not the gameweek! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Only just seen this!

Have ye a league going? If so can I get the number so I can join please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

DakarVert wrote: »
    Only just seen this!

Have ye a league going? If so can I get the number so I can join please.

Welcome to FSA! There's a ton of leagues but the pay ones are all closed this & especially the Q league are worth jumping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Thanks!

Just joined the 1st one, Not that serious a player for paid leagues. :D
    Will my Gameweek 1 & 2 total be added to my points total Within the legue?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    Gonna be a few 0.2's this week

I'm thinking that too. Wildcard tempting me slightly for that reason. The likes of Rooney probably dropping could also be sold and bought back for Newcastle.

I'm most likely gonna -4 anyway so it might just make sense.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm thinking that too. Wildcard tempting me slightly for that reason. The likes of Rooney probably dropping could also be sold and bought back for Newcastle.

To take full advantage I think you need to WC tonight. There will be 4 or 5 risers tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I can tell you that your nemesis wildcarded with his 2nd team as he magically picked up 0.2 last night with no transfers showing so it's highly likely he'll do the same with his primary team after the way things have gone for him today

Not sure if that affects your thinking but it's always good to keep on top of things. ;)

zarquon wrote: »
    I can tell you that your nemesis wildcarded with his 2nd team as he magically picked up 0.2 last night with no transfers showing so it's highly likely he'll do the same with his primary team after the way things have gone for him today

Not sure if that affects your thinking but it's always good to keep on top of things. ;)

You're better than the FBI!!

Are you tempted yourself?

You're better than the FBI!!

Are you tempted yourself?

He's my nemesis too as he's in nearly all my leagues and there's some shenanigans going on with him regarding his second team's leagues which i won't discuss here so i have my watchful eye on him too. My boredom is a dangerous thing to my foes ;)

Very tempted with the wildcard. Wildcards for me have ranged from disastrous to minimally successful only.

I think there is something to be said for wildcarding now as i have a strategy that i need to expedite as my wishful team by GW 5 will be much more expensive if i don't. I think there is something to be said for compound interest on team value and points this early in the season. A 0.5/0.6 swing in value now could allow for greater profits in future weeks due to bandwagoning and therefore a better team further in the season. It also means further points on the points now which will allow a few -4's later on in the season which also helps team structure.

It's like a pension, put the effort in early and reap the rewards towards the end of the maturity phase due to compound benefit. Start off slowly and you are playing catch up the entire time.

Playing fantasy is about learning and adopting. I've always started terribly and had a cracking second half to the season. Last season i was ranked 500k in december and finished on 6k, but life came in the way for a while too which didn't help. This was while hogging my wildcard. Try as i might margins were tight at the end i was struggling to keep up with others due to poor team value.

For the first time i think i'll try a different strategy this year with an early wildcard. If it works great, if it doesn't at least i've tried and learned some lessons on the way

Einstein.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Thoughts on Arsenal midfield. Thinking of Ox? I just think there are too many players for rotation and I don't want a huge outlay because of this. At least Ox is relatively cheap. Thoughts?

zarquon wrote: »
    Very tempted. Wildcards for me have ranged from disastrous to minimally successful only.

I think there is something to be said for wildcarding now as i have a strategy that i need to expedite as my wishful team by GW 5 will be much more expensive if i don't. I think there is something to be said for compound interest on team value and points this early in the season. A 0.5/0.6 swing in value now could allow for greater profits in future weeks due to bandwagoning and therefore a better team further in the season. It also means further points on the points now which will allow a few -4's later on in the season which also helps team structure.

It's like a pension, put the effort in early and reap the rewards towards the end of the maturity phase. Start off slowly and you are playing catch up the entire time.

Playing fantasy is about learning and adopting. I've always started terribly and had a cracking second half to the season. Last season i was ranked 500k in december and finished on 6k, but life came in the way for a while too which didn't help. This was while hogging my wildcard. Try as i might margins were tight at the end i was struggling to keep up with others due to poor team value.

For the first time i think i'll try a different strategy this year with an early wildcard. If it works great, if it doesn't at least i've tried and learned some lessons on the way

Einstein.png

Last season i had intentions to hold the wc and was going round in circles, taking hits. I wildcarded around gw5 and flew on from there.

Jan wildcard on the other hand wrecked my season.

Jan wildcard on the other hand wrecked my season.

January wildcard ruined mine also but i had a second wilcard to fix the problems but left it too late. I really think it's better to fix problems now rather than later.

I hated the idea of -4 hits but then watched as those theoretical moves would have accumulated a greater ROI over subsequent weeks so that was my big lesson from last year.

I almost brought payet in this week for a -4 but chickened out. That would have paid for itself instantly so i'm repeating the same mistakes again. Albert would be dissaproving of me!

The January wildcard and the triple captain chip will be massive assets on the second half of the season.

Playing the WC plus TC chip in a big DGW could see a huge score 120+

The January wildcard and the triple captain chip will be massive assets on the second half of the season.

It's possible. The value of a wildcard is diminished in the 1st half of the season because serious players will hold their chips for the latter half of the season and this increases the value of the second wildcard. Not too sure about TC chip, Aguero could wreck havoc in a single week but a WC coupled with loading the bench with the assistance of a big team value and then playing bench boost in a DGW could supercharge rankings in a massive way if played properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Plan to bring Aguero looks to be:

Sterling to Payet this week (Payet will play Bournemoth at home vs Sterling playing Everton away)

Deeney to Kone next week (Deeney would play City away vs Kone playing Spurs away)

Rooney to Aguero after that. Alternatively I can bring Aguero together with Kone at -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

See the guy who got 95 points today?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2990475/event-history/2/

Captained Howard in goal for 16 points. Had Lukaku and Payet on the bench for 22 points but activated the bench chip.

The team he has I would never have dreamt of in a million years

• Advertisement

The top gk transfer this week was Courtois to Adrian. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

iba wrote: »

Captained Howard in goal for 16 points. Had Lukaku and Payet on the bench for 22 points but activated the bench chip.

4 1s and a -1 and still has the top score must be nice!! What a disaster of a team though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

jimmii wrote: »
    4 1s and a -1 and still has the top score must be nice!! What a disaster of a team though!

Maybe we all just think too much and should just put all the players names in a hat and pull the team out.

On the sending off - should never have been. Schemeichael should have gone in the first half. And then Sakho (does he take penos) would maybe have a goal and a assist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

The team of the week is always a nuts one and is generally very, very far from achieving something like a sub 10k finish. Some people make loads of transfers so they've all players playing on a Saturday and have a chance of being featured as that day's highest placed team. It's a bit daft really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Maybe we all just think too much and should just put all the players names in a hat and pull the team out.

On the sending off - should never have been. Schemeichael should have gone in the first half. And then Sakho (does he take penos) would maybe have a goal and a assist

Noble is on pens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Can you play a wildcard and use a chip in the same gameweek?

Boots234 wrote: »

No

Boots234 wrote: »

Meant to go back and check that. If WC are counted as chips then no afaik.

So I stand corrected if so, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Just had a look, he only started this gw and looks like he mostly picked form players from last week.
    He has 9.5 in the bank to throw in some big hitters. Nice first week in fpl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Jesus do people see that bench boost as a shiny new button they just have to press. Seem to be a lot of player's using it.

Advertisement