Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Invincible wrote: »
    Innocent until proven guilty, remember Johnson :)

Here I ain't thinking further than this weekend haha. If the story is true Sakho might not play this weekend, with his head bound to be in a bad place. Then again West Ham don't really have other options... Cue a Sakho red card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Its true he did get less points particularly when ozil came back but I wonder is that just coincidence. I know sanchez played some games just off the front man and that position should improve a players pt scoring ability and with all those players back he has less chance of playing there. However apart from the above example I cant see how having better players in the team would eat into his points. If anything I would think arsenal would score more goals with having all there best players on the pitch or am I missing something obvious?

I don't think they'll score enough to make up for the increased competition on points from having these guys around/back.

They scored 34 goals in the first half of last season and 37 in second half when the team was stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Invincible wrote: »
    You hardly have the article with Rita for us?! :P

I just read the print on that image. It's possible to zoom on an image you know. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

zarquon wrote: »
    I just read the print on that image. It's possible to zoom on an image you know. :P

That it is, but not to turn over a couple of pages :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    Here I ain't thinking further than this weekend haha. If the story is true Sakho might not play this weekend, with his head bound to be in a bad place. Then again West Ham don't really have other options... Cue a Sakho red card :D

He played on Sunday after it. Valencia being injured also means that if he can play, he will. Zarate couldn't lead the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Lads, does anyone have good podcasts about Fantasy football that are worth downloading or subscribing to on the App store?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lads, does anyone have good podcasts about Fantasy football that are worth downloading or subscribing to on the App store?

Balls.ie do one. It's more a bit of a laugh rather than giving any sort of decent insight. Otherwise, fantasyfootballscout is the only other one I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Cheers Stephen, listened to the balls one and read FFS a bit. not paying for the membership though, aha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cheers Stephen, listened to the balls one and read FFS a bit. not paying for the membership though, aha.

You don't need to be a member to listen to the podcast on ffs. Being a member week worth 30p a week you get some good articles to read and access to a ton of data if you want it.

I wish there were a few more podcasts I can't find any either!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

My choice of captain always comes back to haunt me and is a deciding factor to me doing well or not. This week I'm torn with Benteke and Rooney, no doubt who I pick will have a poor game :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Adamocovic wrote: »
    My choice of captain always comes back to haunt me and is a deciding factor to me doing well or not. This week I'm torn with Benteke and Rooney, no doubt who I pick will have a poor game :P

I'm gonna go Rooney for the 2nd week running I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Shaqiri added as a mid for 7M and Rondon FWD 7M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

slingerz wrote: »

Very interesting, will be adding both to watchlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

slingerz wrote: »

7 million is neither amazing nor terrible value for Shaqiri. Won't be touching Rondon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I remember FFFix talking about some on their blog, never listened to any besides FFScoutcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

What are people doing regarding Walcott? Tempted to give him another chance and bank this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm gonna go Rooney for the 2nd week running I'd say :)

Had Hazard myself, 4 points... wasn't ideal :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 3.10 To Yuma

What are people doing regarding Walcott? Tempted to give him another chance and bank this week.

I think he'll come in for Ozil or Chamberlain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Im pleased at the lack of a firesale on him. Still probable he'll drop 0.1 and depends if I'm willing to take that hit.

Also have Mirallas doubtful so depends on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

"Diafra Sakho has been arrested on suspicion of assault, it has been reported."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/12/west-ham-diafra-sakho-arrested-suspicion-assault

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/12/west-ham-diafra-sakho-arrested-suspicion-assault

Been reported twice on the forum as well including in this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

sheroman01 wrote: »

Twice in 24 hours? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    Twice in 24 hours? :pac:

The guy is on a tear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

FHFC wrote: »
    Been reported twice on the forum as well including in this thread. :)

My bad, I had a quick glance through the last few pages...but didn't look good enough obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

I'm holding on to him for one more week. This week will tell a lot. If he still doesn't start after last week's poor performance by other players it's a real sign that Wenger has no confidence in him and neither should we. But if he starts and does well he could get a lot more game time and prove good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Keeping him for this week, if he doesn't start it'll be him instead of sterling getting the boot to make funds for aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'd like to bank my transfer but I really don't want to lose .1 on him. At this stage it's like losing .5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've brought Payet in for him.
    Even if he starts this weekend, he doesn't offer the security of starts you would expect for 9.0
    In hindsight I shouldn't have had him in my GW1 team at all, should've played it safe with Cazorla.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I'd like to bank my transfer but I really don't want to lose .1 on him. At this stage it's like losing .5

Exactly the problem. My objective would be Walcott to Silva but if he drops 0.1 that requires another 0.5 to be freed up.

With the early gw deadline if he looks like avoiding a drop past Thursday night, which atm looks a decent chance, you would have the option possibly of banking so you can play him in gw2 but getting rid of him after deadline friday night saving other ft till later in week.

Depends who you wanna get in for him and the funds required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Exactly the problem. My objective would be Walcott to Silva but if he drops 0.1 that requires another 0.5 to be freed up.

With the early gw deadline if he looks like avoiding a drop past Thursday night, which atm looks a decent chance, you would have the option possibly of banking so you can play him in gw2 but getting rid of him after deadline friday night saving other ft till later in week.

Depends who you wanna get in for him and the funds required.

That's what I'm hoping to do.The Fri night kick off could come in very useful.

Advertisement