Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 Boards FSA Free League *all welcome*

Options
  • 15-07-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

seems like there's only a pay league and the divisional ones this year?

League Code 226-178865

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think we've all just become immune to anything with no financial gain attached. Even the FSA divisions probably don't interest some for that reason although finnharpsboy is doing good work to get rid of that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

froog wrote: »
    seems like there's only a pay league and the divisional ones this year?

I'll set one up and see if i can get hold of something small to offer as a prize if people like.

League Code 1607-76438

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

nice one, i'll rename this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CSF wrote: »
    Think we've all just become immune to anything with no financial gain attached. Even the FSA divisions probably don't interest some for that reason although finnharpsboy is doing good work to get rid of that ;)

I'm the opposite. I won't join any of the pay ones on here primarily because I really enjoy discussing ideas etc with everyone. If I was in a pay league I think I'd start to stop posting for fear that any potentially good ideas are snapped up by rivals. I'm surprised many haven't stopped posting the amount of superb stuff that they do for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I won't join any of the pay ones on here primarily because I really enjoy discussing ideas etc with everyone. If I was in a pay league I think I'd start to stop posting for fear that any potentially good ideas are snapped up by rivals. I'm surprised many haven't stopped posting the amount of superb stuff that they do for this reason.

I just dont join them because I know I wont win.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'll set one up and see if i can get hold of something small to offer as a prize if people like.

League Code 1607-76438

Best rename that FSA League as original Boards one will likely be renewed as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Thanks. I'm in. I do a paid one at work so no pressure on this one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bump for this league, I assume this is the OFFICIAL FSA league so everybody who contributes or even browses here should get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Bump for this league, I assume this is the OFFICIAL FSA league so everybody who contributes or even browses here should get involved.

I only noticed this thread as it had been bumped - cheers, Swiper. Some great team names there already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Joined this last week. I assume this one is a free for all with no limits on numbers or who can join ie I can be in this and the Qualification Boards league without issue?

Have never joined a Boards league but reading threads last week or two and seems well run - kudos due to admins.

Be interesting if this is a free for all to see how lads in lower divisions compete with lads in higher ones.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Joined this last week. I assume this one is a free for all with no limits on numbers or who can join ie I can be in this and the Qualification Boards league without issue?

Have never joined a Boards league but reading threads last week or two and seems well run - kudos due to admins.

Be interesting if this is a free for all to see how lads in lower divisions compete with lads in higher ones.

Towards the end (maybe at the end) of last season somebody did a bit of research and the FSA Premier, Championship, League 1 and 2 were exactly as you would have expected, the Premier had the highest average points by a nice bit and then it followed as you would have expected with a scarily similar difference in average.

I just looked it up

Average Points per League

Prem League: 2,126
    Championship: 2,099
    League 1: 2,074
    League 2: 2,044

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Is this league, this league:

Boards.ie FSA free League?

iba wrote: »
    Is this league, this league:

Boards.ie FSA free League?

That is the title of the league we are discussing in this thread, the code is on post number 3

Towards the end (maybe at the end) of last season somebody did a bit of research and the FSA Premier, Championship, League 1 and 2 were exactly as you would have expected, the Premier had the highest average points by a nice bit and then it followed as you would have expected with a scarily similar difference in average.

I just looked it up

Average Points per League

Prem League: 2,126
    Championship: 2,099
    League 1: 2,074
    League 2: 2,044

Go on us big boys in the Prem!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Go on us big boys in the Prem!!!

The cream will always rise to the top as they say:P

That was an amazing result last year though with how evenly spaced all the leagues were and in the correct order.

The cream will always rise to the top as they say:P

That was an amazing result last year though with how evenly spaced all the leagues were and in the correct order.

Pleasantly surprised to be comfortably above the average despite finishing bottom half in the Prem. Unfortunately it'll be just tough a battle next year!!!

So when should we close off entries?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

So when should we close off entries?

GW3 deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Joined the FSA free league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just spotted that the leader actually used his bench boost for GW1. Early isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Invincible wrote: »
    GW3 deadline?

Sounds fair to me, I only joined now and not because I had a great season so far:D

If you asked me you can leave it open till the end of the season anyway.
    I doubt some "outsider" would find this code anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I don't see the point in closing no prize leagues early. I only found this forum a few weeks into the 2013/14 season and took another few weeks before i released there was an FSA league. Many people stumble upon the forum during the season and will want to enter the forum leagues. Why deny them the opportunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    I don't see the point in closing no prize leagues early. I only found this forum a few weeks into the 2013/14 season and took another few weeks before i released there was an FSA league. Many people stumble upon the forum during the season and will want to enter the forum leagues. Why deny them the opportunity?

Would you not be annoyed if you are winning a league and suddenly someone joins in some random GW and is above you?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would you not be annoyed if you are winning a league and suddenly someone joins in some random GW and is above you?

Not if there is no prizes to be won. A free forum league should be fair game for anyone. Like i said earlier some people will only stumble on the league as the season progresses and should have option to join.

Not if there is no prizes to be won. A free forum league should be fair game for anyone. Like i said earlier some people will only stumble on the league as the season progresses and should have option to join.

Given the competition on here, there's a lot of prestige involved in winning the free league.

I finished in the top 500 in the world one year and only came 3rd.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Given the competition on here, there's a lot of prestige involved in winning the free league.

I finished in the top 500 in the world one year and only came 3rd.

Fair enough. It wouldn't bother me but i can understand that it would bother some. The only prize-less league i was bothered about winning last year was the H2H Premier League. I understand different people have different priorities and it can be difficult to find a happy medium. I think the league should remain open for a few weeks at least but i would completely understand if the league was closed soon.

Fair enough. It wouldn't bother me but i can understand that it would bother some. The only prize-less league i was bothered about winning last year was the H2H Premier League. I understand different people have different priorities and it can be difficult to find a happy medium. I think the league should remain open for a few weeks at least but i would completely understand if the league was closed soon.

H2H leagues have alot more luck involved in my book tbh. I'd see the prestige of winning the Boards League here as far higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Does someone want to activate this league for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Does someone want to activate this league for this year?

Well since finnharpsboy was in charge of the FSA league last year, I think he should be the one to renew it.

• Advertisement

Well since finnharpsboy was in charge of the FSA league last year, I think he should be the one to renew it.

renewed

Advertisement