Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Dovies I'm very jealous I love that show did you see randy?? best of luck with the dress hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 curlywurlyash

@fannymagee we finally found someone thanks to you! We were able to find an Interfaith Minister! Thank you!!

@katniss everMean @fannymagee

I have found myself in the same situation a Saturday wedding in August 2016 and all the humanist celebrants are booked out. I have been looking at the interfaith website but am a little more nervous about this as it is a new concept to me. What was it like meeting your celebrant katniss everMean. @fannymagee can you tell me a little bit more my mother is not overly happy about it.

Any advice is much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Eeek Dovies you are so lucky, love that show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

I have found myself in the same situation a Saturday wedding in August 2016 and all the humanist celebrants are booked out. I have been looking at the interfaith website but am a little more nervous about this as it is a new concept to me. What was it like meeting your celebrant katniss everMean. @fannymagee can you tell me a little bit more my mother is not overly happy about it.

Hi! I've not actually met our celebrant yet as she is to busy until July. I've chatted to her on the phone and she seems really nice and happy to accommodate us for what ever type of ceremony we would like. She didn't mind that I personally am not a spiritual person which is something I was worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Hi Curlywurlylash sorry I'm only seeing this now! Yes of course I can, I'll PM you now and see if I can help address your questions & your mother's concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 laneyk3

Hi All , newly engaged 2016 bride just wondering if anyone had any recommendations good or bad experiences for wedding dress shops in dublin,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

laneyk3 wrote: »
    Hi All , newly engaged 2016 bride just wondering if anyone had any recommendations good or bad experiences for wedding dress shops in dublin,

Ive only been to one so far and it was Fiona Todhunter at Old Bawn. I found her great and she has some lovely dresses. Felt very comfortable around the girls too.
    I think i even found my dress there too, first one i tried on!! Going to go to one or two more just to make sure im definite with my choice, but i would recommend her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laneyk3

thanks Andrea yes friend got her dress in fiona todhunter where else are you trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I found the bridal corner in phibsboro great the will try every style on you and have a great selection. Its a very relaxed atmosphere too.

thanks Andrea yes friend got her dress in fiona todhunter where else are you trying?

Im actually going to Sligo and Enniskillen as 2 of my bridesmaids are from there. But its more for them to see dresses on me and to try on bridesmaid dresses with me there too as they cant always make it to Dublin.

Im also going down to Smart Brides in Portlaoise. Check them out. I met them at a wedding fair in Punchestown a few weeks ago and the girls were just lovely and i know a few people that have been there and found them great and got their dresses there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Ended up getting mine in The Suite in Drury Street - loved them in there, and they have some beautiful dresses. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

emzibob wrote: »
    I found the bridal corner in phibsboro great the will try every style on you and have a great selection. Its a very relaxed atmosphere too.

I second Bridal Corner. It turned out to the be the first and last shop I visited as I bought my dress at a sample sale there a few weeks ago. The staff are so lovely and spent forever with me, tried on zillions of dresses all different styles and they were just fantastic and so helpful.

Best of luck with the search and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen this on facebook:

10321175_944997072188635_8473213927789511059_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folks went to Fiona Todhunter yesterday and I think I have 'found the gown' too! Grace was lovely and Fiona was there too. Lovely dresses - tried on a few but went back to the first one again - which Grace had pulled for me and I wasn't too keen on it on the hanger but on - wow Jessica Rabbit eat your heart out lol!

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks went to Fiona Todhunter yesterday and I think I have 'found the gown' too! Grace was lovely and Fiona was there too. Lovely dresses - tried on a few but went back to the first one again - which Grace had pulled for me and I wasn't too keen on it on the hanger but on - wow Jessica Rabbit eat your heart out lol!

That's brill Dovies. Im actually looking forward to going back, well more than likely going back (if i don't find something in the other salons) and trying it on again.

Dovies was that your first dress appt that you went to with Fiona?

andreac wrote: »
    That's brill Dovies. Im actually looking forward to going back, well more than likely going back (if i don't find something in the other salons) and trying it on again.

Dovies was that your first dress appt that you went to with Fiona?

Yes it was. I have plenty of time so will try another couple of places - not sure where yet though! My sis says I have to as it's the only time she gets out lol

Yes it was. I have plenty of time so will try another couple of places - not sure where yet though! My sis says I have to as it's the only time she gets out lol

Ah that's brill. Same as myself then too. I've 2 more appts in other places so ill know within a month i think.
    Smart Brides in Portlaoise is meant to be great and ive an appt booked for there and also i heard great things about The White Room in Mullingar.

Ah that's brill. Same as myself then too. I've 2 more appts in other places so ill know within a month i think.
    Smart Brides in Portlaoise is meant to be great and ive an appt booked for there and also i heard great things about The White Room in Mullingar.

I had an appt with Smart Brides and had to cancel so let me know how you got on. Wouldn't it be gas if we were both getting the same dress in Fionas!

I had an appt with Smart Brides and had to cancel so let me know how you got on. Wouldn't it be gas if we were both getting the same dress in Fionas!

I know, imagine lol. Mine is a David Tuttera Mon Cheri one.

I know, imagine lol. Mine is a David Tuttera Mon Cheri one.

Mine is a Sophia Tolli!

• Advertisement

Mine is a Sophia Tolli!

Sure we'll be only gorgeous!! Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Anyone have their hair & makeup booked, made a few enquiries & was a bit shocked at the prices! MUA ranging from 330-490 (for 5at my house incl trial for me) & 320 for hair, I've way underbudgeted:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Anyone have their hair & makeup booked, made a few enquiries & was a bit shocked at the prices! MUA ranging from 330-490 (for 5at my house incl trial for me) & 320 for hair, I've way underbudgeted:(

That sounds like a lot? Are these Dublin prices or something. My MUA was very straightforward- 50 per person didn't matter if it was bride, bm, MIL etc. Same for trial-50. So for what u mention she would be 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I'm paying 394 for hair and makeup for myself, 3 bridesmaids, mum and flower girl hair. However that's in salon. Price was double for them to come to me.

My trials were €135

Meath, were only about 30mins from Dublin so guess they're pricing taking that into account. Got another price there for hair, 250 plus 40 for trial that sounds ok doesn't it? Might see if the preferred girl will do makeup for 350, she's priced at 390 (350plus 40trial)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

WOOOOO!!! Finally got through to the Registry Offices and have booked the wedding! So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeahhh well done to you ShaShaBear!! Many happys days planning ahead to ye!!

I cant believe they are charging for hair trials and makeup trials.. Is this the norm! I have got prices for hair and makeup

€40 and €30 for the makeup and €40, €30 and €20 for hair and then €50 to travel to the venue on the day... Trials I didn't have to pay for as is it not good for them. if they mess up the trial they don't get the booking..

Aparently so Milly33, and get this they are more expensive than a standard appointment as may have to try multiple styles. Have haggled with the hair stylist and she'll knock a tenner off, better in her pocket than mine. Guess I can use the trials for other occassions that I would have got my hair done for. Its working out at €50 more than going to the local salon, its worth that for the comfort of your own home isnt it?

Milly33 - Is it the same person quoting you for Hair and Makeup?

Congrats ShaShaBear, whens the wedding?

The extra is definitely worth it for them to come to you without a doubt. If we were to get it done before going to the venue we would have to be up earlier and then travel around 30 - 40mins to the venue get dressed, all too much ahah.. Just really shocked at the charging for trials, there was not mention of it with mine... Now I haven't got the hair one done yet but she didn't mention is so far so if she asks I would be kinda why didn't you mention it already.

The makeup lady didn't ask and neither has the next trial one I am going to..

They are two different places for the hair and makeup, there didn't seem to be anyone who done both who would travel..

• Advertisement

well not really shocked but when you think you are giving them the business as such you wouldn't think they would charge that much

Advertisement