Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I picked up some fairy lights in the 2 euro store they are battery operated ones but they were €2 or €3 for 50 lights...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

afatbollix wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea where I could buy about 10,000 fairy lights? :/

You could ask around friends and family - most houses would have 500-1,000 but I'd say checking out party rentals in the area of the wedding would be more fruitful and less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

afatbollix wrote: »
    Going to post here, As well its a great forum for the extra ideas of a wedding. (I'm a Groom But its ok as we voted on equality)

Getting married in June 2016, Getting married in England as my bride is from there and her Grandparents would have trouble getting to Ireland where as mine would have no problem getting to UK.

Have to say the UK is a bit more relaxed when it comes to weddings. We have been able to get who and what we want for our date ( Our bonkers priest wasn't even going to put our date in the diary yet as we are the only one so far for 2016) More hoops to jump through too, They really expect you to attend mass every week...

Booked our venue but only thing which will be different is that we will have lunch in the dining room and afters in one of the out buildings would you think that people will scatter after lunch? My brides thinks we would let them go off for a couple of hours before our first dance.

I have to recommend the app trello to everyone, The bride and I are shared users meaning we both get to see what to do and by when and anything we want to add you can add as a note to the item.

Anyone have an idea where I could buy about 10,000 fairy lights? :/

We use trello for project management at work

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Hi there,
    just wondering if anyone has ever used the irregular choice website? Is it reliable? I have found my wedding shoes but they are only on the website.
    Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've used it a few years ago. No problems at all, shoes were delivered promptly. I'd advise trying them on it at all possible though, or even a similar pair. I've found IC to be a shade too big in styles without a strap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Thanks for that faith, Ive tried similar alright and they seem ok, returns policy looks fine too so if they arent perfect, it shouldnt be too much hassle, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Woohoo photographer booked. On discount too i might add. He's doing full day from prep up until well into the reception after 1st dance etc. Granted i didnt go for album option because it wasnt part of the special offer but i dont mind about im back on budget 😂😂😂.

For anyone looking for a band in Cork the Pav are advertising a day in June sorry cant rem the date off the top of my head so ye will have to check the website.... From 4 - 8 a selection of wedding bands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Going dress looking again tomorrow - hope its as good an experience as the last time :)

Dress shopping again tomorrow, am a bit fed up looking now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

So far we can sleep, get married, wear a big white dress and have photographic evidence that we got married! Now we just need to make sure we can eat, drink, have some tones and get the bridal party suited up!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

Well how did everyone get on with dress shopping at the weekend? Think I got sorted, haven't fully committed yet though!

Amoureux wrote: »
    Well how did everyone get on with dress shopping at the weekend? Think I got sorted, haven't fully committed yet though!

Tried on some lovely dresses but not what I was looking for. Oddly I thought the quality wasn't as good as the first shop a couple of weeks ago despite seemingly having a better 'name'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭fits

what passes for a 1000 euro plus dress in terms of quality is surprising at times! Bad fabric is my major bugbear.

fits wrote: »
    what passes for a 1000 euro plus dress in terms of quality is surprising at times! Bad fabric is my major bugbear.

Yep the fabric wasn't as good and there was a girl there trying on her dress and I could see the zip wasn't sitting properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

Dovies wrote: »
    Tried on some lovely dresses but not what I was looking for. Oddly I thought the quality wasn't as good as the first shop a couple of weeks ago despite seemingly having a better 'name'

It's funny, shops can have great reputations but it isn't until you're in there that you actually get to see the quality of the dresses.

Reputation is built upon advertising spend a lot if the time.

I agree about the materials. That was my biggest thing. I was in the attic in Limerick and have picked my dress from there. All her dresses have amazingly high quality materials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

*sigh*

So does anyone know where I could track down a rough list of what things would roughly cost or is it just a case of how much things would cost? Trying to sort out a budget but some know how much to allocate to each thing eg flowers, venue, photographer etc as I have no idea how much these things would even start to cost....

Hoping for a 2016 wedding once I get over this feeling of being overwhelmed and we actually start seriously planning things

What kind of venue do you want? How many guests etc? They can go from 50 to 150 per person.

sillymoo wrote: »
    *sigh*

So does anyone know where I could track down a rough list of what things would roughly cost or is it just a case of how much things would cost? Trying to sort out a budget but some know how much to allocate to each thing eg flowers, venue, photographer etc as I have no idea how much these things would even start to cost....

Hoping for a 2016 wedding once I get over this feeling of being overwhelmed and we actually start seriously planning things

Get an excel list together. Just put down what ye have to spend really that is kinda the best way to work with it..

You will have pending if ye want them or not

Rehistry
    Church/Civil/Ceremoney
    Cars
    Photographer
    Makeup
    Hair

Wedding Dress
    Bridesmaids inc jewels all that goes
    Shoes

Groom/Best Men same thing

Venue
    food

Would with yer own budget, put down what are the most important things to ye! let say if you want a particular dress or flowers they you will be paying more (just an example maybe you wont be).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Finally looking at the probability of a 2016 wedding! Just waiting on our passports to get back so we can get the ball rolling! Very small affair of about 60 (but could get wild at the drinks reception :P ). Have managed to source the videographer, photographer, cake, cars, DJ and venue provisionally (all services I have used before for other events). All we're really stuck to find on a budget now is the band. I've priced a few localish and they all seem to be about the 1800-2k mark! :eek: If that's the standard we'll have to go without, not really down with paying the same for music as I am for 60 people to have a 3 course meal!
    We're in Monaghan, anyone know of any lively bands (we love 80s rock) that might work a bit under this budget? As I said, we don't need a DJ and would actively prefer to use the one we are getting as he has performed at all my family events and is a trusted entertainer (but wouldn't be suitable for the whole reception).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Finally looking at the probability of a 2016 wedding! Just waiting on our passports to get back so we can get the ball rolling! Very small affair of about 60 (but could get wild at the drinks reception :P ). Have managed to source the videographer, photographer, cake, cars, DJ and venue provisionally (all services I have used before for other events). All we're really stuck to find on a budget now is the band. I've priced a few localish and they all seem to be about the 1800-2k mark! :eek: If that's the standard we'll have to go without, not really down with paying the same for music as I am for 60 people to have a 3 course meal!
    We're in Monaghan, anyone know of any lively bands (we love 80s rock) that might work a bit under this budget? As I said, we don't need a DJ and would actively prefer to use the one we are getting as he has performed at all my family events and is a trusted entertainer (but wouldn't be suitable for the whole reception).

Try The Rubix Band. We booked them and they are based in Drogheda and i think one or if not two are from Monaghan. They are fairly reasonable and should be a bit cheaper if not getting a DJ too. Def go and see them play live as their website doesnt do them justice at all!!

andreac wrote: »
    Try The Rubix Band. We booked them and they are based in Drogheda and i think one or if not two are from Monaghan. They are fairly reasonable and should be a bit cheaper if not getting a DJ too. Def go and see them play live as their website doesnt do them justice at all!!

Already priced them, they were looking 1800 with DJ or 1600 without. Probably the most reasonable, but still we were hoping to get a bit cheaper considering the size of the wedding. Probably won't have much luck with that, though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I could resist the DIY craft itch no longer and have started on the decorations and accessories better to be early than late right? haha

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Already priced them, they were looking 1800 with DJ or 1600 without. Probably the most reasonable, but still we were hoping to get a bit cheaper considering the size of the wedding. Probably won't have much luck with that, though :(

Ah no prob. Yeah they were 1800 with the DJ which i thought was very good. A lot of the quotes i got were over 2000.

First dress shopping appointment this weekend, cant wait!!

Going to Fiona Todhunter as my Mam lives right beside it which is handy. Have a few other appointments booked in other places in the next few weeks too.

andreac wrote: »
    First dress shopping appointment this weekend, cant wait!!

Going to Fiona Todhunter as my Mam lives right beside it which is handy. Have a few other appointments booked in other places in the next few weeks too.

Ooh let me know what you think of it. It's on my shortlist!

Dovies wrote: »
    Ooh let me know what you think of it. It's on my shortlist!

I sure will!!

I think if you get a good band for under 1600 you are doing well.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    I think if you get a good band for under 1600 you are doing well.

It's not really me, more the OH. Hes involved in the music industry with a lot of friends and was telling me of an alternative international band that was booked in Dublin for 1200. Hes reluctant to spend more on someone for a wedding. I really like Rubix though and they are playing a gig very local at the end of the month so I'll drag him along!

Advertisement