Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I am trying to think now I am sure she emailed us the letter for the Venue to sign.. So we had it before we went in to pay the registry fee... We are getting married this year and we done this last year...

Just thinking now is it that your venue is not on the list and they need to check it out, or is it a registered spot and you just need to get the owners to sign it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just thinking now is it that your venue is not on the list and they need to check it out, or is it a registered spot and you just need to get the owners to sign it

Ah I'd imagine its on a list. This was all done over the phone but the venue has done HSE civil weddings before, quite recently as well. Suppose I was just getting a bit worried because I haven't heard anything from them since booking the date with them - I'd really like to have something solid.

Well then it should take long at all... I was looking for the email but for some reason lots of emails get deleted from my gmail accountant it is very frustrating..

You have made your appointment with the HSE or booked you date have you? We defo got an email after we booked saying here is the information you need to have the owners sign and then we had it for when we went in to meet with the civil servant. I would email them and ask them to send it on... Must say I found them very helpful replying to emails.

Well then it should take long at all... I was looking for the email but for some reason lots of emails get deleted from my gmail accountant it is very frustrating..

You have made your appointment with the HSE or booked you date have you? We defo got an email after we booked saying here is the information you need to have the owners sign and then we had it for when we went in to meet with the civil servant. I would email them and ask them to send it on... Must say I found them very helpful replying to emails.

Yeah just booked the date, not the appointment with them. I'll send an email on Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Hi all! Delighted to be able to join in this thread! We got engaged this weekend and while we haven't picked a date yet, we're aiming for Autumn 2016.

It all feels very surreal at the moment but hugely exciting and I can't wait to start planning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 curlywurlyash

Hi Thanks for the Advice re J90 just been looking on there site. Can i ask when you book them for a wedding do they tend to play covers or do they play some of there own stuff? Sorry i know your not there manager :) ha just wondering if they will do a WALTZ at all to keep the oldies happy.

They should nearly do what you ask them to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hi Thanks for the Advice re J90 just been looking on there site. Can i ask when you book them for a wedding do they tend to play covers or do they play some of there own stuff? Sorry i know your not there manager :) ha just wondering if they will do a WALTZ at all to keep the oldies happy.

No problem, I asked the same question more to avoid waltz's than anything. They sent me a tracklist they did for one wedding recently for a couple who were 30

Songs marked with * are regulars in the set at the moment.

OLDIES, COUNTRY AND ROCK N ROLL

Blue Suede Shoes Elvis *
    Jailhouse Rock *
    Neil Diamond Sweet Caroline *
    Not Unusual Tom Jones
    Red Rose Cafe *
    That's Amore *
    Galway Girl Mundy *
    Wagon Wheel *
    Siege Of Ennis *
    The Gambler Kenny Rodgers
    Country Roads *
    Folsom prison blues *
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Just 17
    Shout Lulu *
    Higher and Higher Jackie Wilson *
    Proud Mary Tina Turner *
    Friends in Low Places Gareth Brooks

70'S/80's DISCO

Come On Eileen Dexies Midnight Runners
    Good lookin woman Joe Dolan
    Waterloo ABBA
    Mama Mia ABBA *
    Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry
    Superstition Stevie Wonder
    Signed Sealed Delivered Stevie Womder
    Disco Inferno The Tramps
    Can You Feel It Jackson 5
    Call Me Al Paul Simon *
    All Night Long Lionel Ritchie

ROMANTIC/FIRST DANCE/SLOW SONG

John Legend All Of Me
    Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud
    Tom Baxtor Better
    Take That Million Love Songs
    James Morrisson You Make It Real
    Al Green Lets Stay Together *
    James Blunt Bonfire Heart
    Elbow One Day Like This *
    Take That Greatest Day
    Take That Rule The World
    Jason Miraz I'm Yours *
    Jason Miraz I Won't Give Up
    Goo Goo Dolls Iris *
    Snow Patrol Chasing Cars
    Stevie Wonder Isn't she Lovely
    The Ramones Baby I Love You
    Michael Buble Everything
    Lionel Richie Three Times A Lady
    Ray LaMontagne You Are The Best Thing
    Lumineers Ho Hey *
    The Coronas Warm *
    Brian Adams Heaven

CHART

Bruno Mars Uptown Funk
    Taylor Swift Shake It Off
    Rude Magic
    All About That Bass Meghan Trainor
    Can't Hold Us Mackelmore *
    Locked Out Of Heaven Bruno Mars *
    Treasure Bruno Mars
    Daft Punk Get Lucky
    Wake Me Up Avicii *
    Timber Pitbull *
    Ed Sheeran Sing
    Wheetus Teenage Dirt Bag
    Shakira/Rihanna Can't Remember to forget you
    Imagine Dragons On Top Of The World
    John Legend All Of Me
    Candy Robbie Williams
    Express Yourself Laberinth
    Forget You Cee Lo Green
    Blurred Lines Robin Thicke *
    Pharell Williams Happy *
    Beyonce Crazy In Love *
    Beyonce All The Single Ladies *
    Poker Face Lady Gaga
    Bad Romance Lady Gaga
    Hot n Cold Katie Perry
    Pump It Black Eyed Peas
    I Gotta Feeling Black Eyed Peas *
    Let's Get it Started Black Eyed Peas *
    DJ Got us Falling in Love Usher
    Dynamite Taio Cruz *
    Moves Like Jagger
    Party Rock Anthem LMFAO
    Sexy and I know it LMFAO
    Roar Katie Perry
    We Found Love Rihanna *
    Written in the Stars Tinie Tempah
    Starships Nicki Minag
    New York Jay Z Alicia Keys
    Stereo Love Gym Class Heroes
    Fun We are Young
    Wild Ones FloRida
    90's Dance Medley *
    Don't You Worry Child Seewdish House Mafia
    Hey Ya Outkast

ROCK

Bohemian Rhapsody Queen *
    Living on a Prayer Bon Jovi
    Its My Life Bon Jovi
    Summer of 69 *
    Don't Stop Me Now Queen
    Sweet Child O Mine Guns N Roses
    Don't Stop Believing Journey
    Thunder Struck AC/DC *
    Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC *
    Highway To Hell
    Blink 182 All The Small Things *

INDIE

Ho Hey Lumineers *
    Shipping up to Boston Dropkick Murphy's
    Viva La Vida Coldplay
    Mr. Brightside The Killers *
    Sex on Fire Kings of Leon *
    Valerie Amy Winehouse *
    Rolling in The Deep Adele
    Pencil Full of Lead Paulo Nutini
    10 out of 10 Paulo Nutini
    Could You Be Loved Bob Marley
    Little Talks Of Monsters and Men *
    Lonley Boy The Black Keys
    Chelsea Dagger *

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

I'm next year as well...October.. So far I have Venue, church & Photographer booked. I am pricing local Florists at the moment to allow me get an idea of our budget.
    I think I found my dress but I wanted to make an appointment in Dinagh Modes before I commit to the dress as I heard the lady there is meant to be brilliant in letting you know which dresses suit your figure etc. That is booked for next month.

When should I order Invites? Has anybody any idea on where to order them from? Do people send out save the dates anymore??

I need to book a band and church music next. I have sent a few emails.

• Advertisement

congrats sunshine, you are working your way down the list getting things done.. the invites is really up to you I found though that looking at the as soon as you can just so ye can both decide on what ye want as there is so many out there, is the best thing..

We sent out the save the dates but only to people abroad so that they would know in plenty of time if they wanted to book flights and holidays all that goes..

congrats sunshine, you are working your way down the list getting things done.. the invites is really up to you I found though that looking at the as soon as you can just so ye can both decide on what ye want as there is so many out there, is the best thing..

We sent out the save the dates but only to people abroad so that they would know in plenty of time if they wanted to book flights and holidays all that goes..

Thanks! Where did you look at invites? Is there any particular website ? I know there are many out there!

How far in advance did you send the Save the dates??

invites oh there are so many sites most defiantly. I am sure some one here can point you in the right direction. If you are looking for the basic styles visat print was great. Or they do quirky things too like magnet type invites that you can pop up on your fridge a friend done this and I must say they were loverly. We went down the route of doing our own and printing..

Ali Express on line too has lots of nice ones, just order in plenty of time...

The save the dates. I think we sent ours out about a month after we booked the official date and had the venue sorted. So lets say we are August now and booked me thinks after Christmas last year so that was well in advance.. So once we defo had the venue and the date that was it out they went

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks! Where did you look at invites? Is there any particular website ? I know there are many out there!

How far in advance did you send the Save the dates??

We aren't bothering with save the dates. The folks abroad have been told the date so that's grand. Getting our invites with Lantz. There are loads of sites but we wanted somewhere we can actually see the invite and feel it etc. We were at a wedding fair and Lantz had a stand. Picked out a few that we liked so paid our deposit and got a discount off the price. Wont go in to order them until Feb or so.

We're making our own as well. I have the actual invite template done, just need to do an RSVP and a small list of places to stay in the area! No idea when we are supposed to send them out, though!

Tis again up to ye when to send. I was all up for sending them out early so we could get replies back asap. People I have to say are a pain in the arse when it comes to RSVP. We didn't put a date on ours just said RSVP asap and we are still chasing people to send them back, and tis both people going and not going...

We started in June for August

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Didn't bother sending Save The Dates, we sent our invitations in late January for a late May wedding, with an RSVP date of February 28th.

One of the girls my sis works with got married a couple of weeks ago at our venue and is raving about the place. Can't fault it in any way :D:D:D
    Her mother is still talking about how lovely it was, the staff and how the food was fab! Yayyy

That's great Dovies. It's grest when you hear positive reviews. Where is the venue if you don't mind my asking?

In regard to the invites,
    should I was to order until after I go to my first wedding fair in the RDS this September? Will I get good deals at it?
    I get married in October next year so I guess sending them in August seems about right?
    My problem is, another couple that will be invited to our wedding ( and the same guests will be on OH side) are getting married 2 weeks before us!! And they will have to travel for our wedding.

So I'm not sure if I should send them out before they get theirs out or would that be mean?I'm assuming theirs would go out around July. Advice please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

That's great Dovies. It's grest when you hear positive reviews. Where is the venue if you don't mind my asking?

In regard to the invites,
    should I was to order until after I go to my first wedding fair in the RDS this September? Will I get good deals at it?
    I get married in October next year so I guess sending them in August seems about right?
    My problem is, another couple that will be invited to our wedding ( and the same guests will be on OH side) are getting married 2 weeks before us!! And they will have to travel for our wedding.

So I'm not sure if I should send them out before they get theirs out or would that be mean?I'm assuming theirs would go out around July. Advice please!!!

I would just send save the dates out this year. That'll solve your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Think i might have a dress dilemma, as in which one to choose, as i found a second dress which is just as nice as the first one i liked. Found it down in Sligo last week when visiting my bridesmaid.

I have managed to source it up here in Dublin, so im bringing my Mam and one of my other bridesmaid to see it, who have already seen the first one. Hopefully once i try the first one on again (on friday) ill be able to tell which one i prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

We're getting married in April next year and we emailed save the dates to everyone in April this year. Most of our guests will be travelling and we also wanted to let people know we're not inviting kids apart from family so wanted to give them notice to make arrangements.

Edited to add: Planning on sending invites out in January and would hope to have rsvps back by February. Is that mad? How far in advance should we be looking at invitations?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We sent Save the Dates in February for an August wedding. We sent lovely electronic ones so it didn't cost anything either.

We sent our invites at the end of May, but I really regret that we put our RSVP date as 3 weeks before the wedding. I was trying to be generous, but it's left me stressed because I can't chase people until after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

My venue had a showcase this evening, had the room fully draped, fancy lace tablecloths, fancy table arrangements... Loved it all! €1500 for draping & fairy light backdrop, my budget is going out the window!

Its the Station House in Kilmessan. Has some great reviews anyway but its great to hear it from people you know too. :D

After a quick call to remind them, I got my registration pack in the post today! Cue girlish screams of delight and desperation to wake my partner up on his day off so we can get it filled out and handed down to the venue :pac:
    Any ideas who we are supposed to nominate for this "responsible person"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We paid our deposit to the hotel nearly 2 weeks ago but we still haven't received our contracts. Is that normal?

Also divided on whether to bother with Save The Date cards! In one way it'd be nice to send them, especially to people abroad but I could think of plenty of other things to put the money towards !

alwaysadub wrote: »
    We paid our deposit to the hotel nearly 2 weeks ago but we still haven't received our contracts. Is that normal?

Also divided on whether to bother with Save The Date cards! In one way it'd be nice to send them, especially to people abroad but I could think of plenty of other things to put the money towards !

There was no mention of contracts or anything like that when we booked our venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    There was no mention of contracts or anything like that when we booked our venue?

Did you have to sign anything ? We are meant to be getting a contract posted out to us which we both have to sign and send back. Don't have a clue what's in it though!

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Did you have to sign anything ? We are meant to be getting a contract posted out to us which we both have to sign and send back. Don't have a clue what's in it though!

No. They wrote us into the wedding book, gave us a receipt with all the details and the manager's signature and told us they'd be in touch 6 weeks before date to go through everything.

Advertisement