Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uhhh suppose in fairness they are very good... Out of budget for us, still thinking of the reception music but back to the cd player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sugartown Road booked out on our date as well. Anyone heard of Armageddon/The Great Pretenders? Waiting a call black about availability before we go to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Thanks for the help guys! Milly I didn't actually ask in the crane lane but I've been keeping an eye on who they have playing as well as a few other bars around town. Collage I hadn't come across, will check them out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

pampootie wrote: »
    I'm based in Cork. We were hoping for a soul/motown type band but I think we've exhausted most of our options on that front! Wedding is the May Bank holiday next year so I'm panicking that loads of bands will be booked out!

Have you tried the Papa Zitas? http://www.papazitas.com/

Or the Roaring Forties may possibly fit the bill?

Papa zitas are over our budget unfortunately! Roaring forties I must look into again actually, never got to see them live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tobe2016

Anyone hear of J90? Or having any reviews, thinking of making an enquiry but no sure how much they'll cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Tobe2016 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of J90? Or having any reviews, thinking of making an enquiry but no sure how much they'll cost.

Have heard them play before( not at a wedding) and they are quite good. It was a few years back when I was at their gig so not sure if line up has changed since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

I'm based in Cork. We were hoping for a soul/motown type band but I think we've exhausted most of our options on that front! Wedding is the May Bank holiday next year so I'm panicking that loads of bands will be booked out!

We booked these guys http://www.jopetitmusic.com, I remember seeing on their website somewhere that they did a gig in Cork so they probably travel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

etymon wrote: »
    We booked these guys http://www.jopetitmusic.com, I remember seeing on their website somewhere that they did a gig in Cork so they probably travel

ooh, they look great!

We've gone through 3 bands now. Two booked, and one didn't bother to call us back to let us know either way, so they are struck off just on rudeness! :mad:
    Have to up our game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We've gone through 3 bands now. Two booked, and one didn't bother to call us back to let us know either way, so they are struck off just on rudeness! :mad:
    Have to up our game!

Are The Rubix def gone? Did they get a deposit from the other people?

Try Quantum as well. They are based in Meath. I went to see them and found them very good too.

Pink Champagne are another one but they are very popular so could be booked already.

andreac wrote: »
    Are The Rubix def gone? Did they get a deposit from the other people?

Try Quantum as well. They are based in Meath. I went to see them and found them very good too.

Pink Champagne are another one but they are very popular so could be booked already.

Yeah they rang the guys that booked them to tell them we had a cash deposit ready and they paid the deposit that day. Disappointed to say the least, but on the upside they didn't leave us hanging for weeks and we know exactly what kind of band we want as well!
    Thanks, I'll be checking them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah they rang the guys that booked them to tell them we had a cash deposit ready and they paid the deposit that day. Disappointed to say the least, but on the upside they didn't leave us hanging for weeks and we know exactly what kind of band we want as well!
    Thanks, I'll be checking them out!

Ah thats crap, sorry to hear that. Well if its any consolation, i really wanted Pink Champagne but they were booked out. Was raging but then found the Rubix, so was happy with my decision. So maybe you might get someone just as good and be happy with who you found.

There is another band we went to see, Wiseguys. They put on a great show, but not as good a singers as the ones in The Rubix, but were very funny.

I got a few more quotes but they might be a bit out of your budget.

Oh another one, Top of the popz.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

We went to see Pink Champayne twice, loved them the 1st time but OH wasnt with me, second time they were a little off & OH wasnt impressed but after the band at the weekend, he changed his mind and now they are booked! Its finally sinking in with him that people book wedding stuff way in advance:)

Whats your budget ShaShaBear?

J 90 are quite funky,. heard them a few times. Only thing is they can be too loud but you can ask them to turn that down. They are a fun band...

Roaring 40's good too different scale to j90 I would think..

You should change the crane lane sure youll never know unless you ask they will either say yes or no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I popped the question to my bridesmaids over the weekend! I was in England visiting one of my friends and decided I wanted to ask her in person so I figured I would ask all of them over the weekend as I had things planned with each of them anyway.

I made up little cards saying 'I can't say "I do" without you' and put together a box each for them with a little me-to-you-bear wearing a bridesnaid shirt, a mini bottle of presecco, nail polishes in our colour scheme and a ring pop.

Where they smitten

I don't suppose any of you ladies are familiar with printing on sheen card?
    Doing up template invitations and the ink is a tad too easy to smudge, wondering if it might be the paper/ink combination or perhaps just a printer cleaning issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

They're excellent, my sister booked them on my recommendation, and a good few people who went then booked them for their own wedding :P I should get a commission.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I don't suppose any of you ladies are familiar with printing on sheen card?
    Doing up template invitations and the ink is a tad too easy to smudge, wondering if it might be the paper/ink combination or perhaps just a printer cleaning issue?

It can depend on your printer. You can print on shimmer/shiny card from a laser printer.

I have found that inkjet printers do not print well on sheen card. Images don't pop/colours are off etc.

However laser printers won't print on any card is textured. Does your card have a texture?

It can be an idea to google your printer make and model to find out the acceptable card weights it will take also. Sometimes if the card is too heavy the ink smudges.

• Advertisement

ahayes84 wrote: »
    It can depend on your printer. You can print on shimmer/shiny card from a laser printer.

I have found that inkjet printers do not print well on sheen card. Images don't pop/colours are off etc.

However laser printers won't print on any card is textured. Does your card have a texture?

It can be an idea to google your printer make and model to find out the acceptable card weights it will take also. Sometimes if the card is too heavy the ink smudges.

No there's no texture, its plain gold card. It's coming out of the printer just fine, just that I left one to dry for an hour and lifted it up and it smudged a bit where I held my thumb (probably the heat and moisture). I have two sitting to dry for 24 hours to see if it makes any difference but I'll check about the card weights!

It could be your printer. Afriend of mine had thesame problem trying to print on shimmer paper as her printer was not suitable for it. What type of printer do you have?

It could be your printer. Afriend of mine had thesame problem trying to print on shimmer paper as her printer was not suitable for it. What type of printer do you have?

Canon MG2250.
    I can see now it's not going to be suitable for the task. Suppose I can use it for templates and tests but I'll have to borrow a printer for the job!

Canon MG2250.
    I can see now it's not going to be suitable for the task. Suppose I can use it for templates and tests but I'll have to borrow a printer for the job!

Yes my mom has that printer too and while i could print on shimmer paper the colours were totally off. I'dsay if you had heavier card then i used it wouldn't take at all.

See if anyone has a laser printer. would you have one in work maybe?

Yes my mom has that printer too and while i could print on shimmer paper the colours were totally off. I'dsay if you had heavier card then i used it wouldn't take at all.

See if anyone has a laser printer. would you have one in work maybe?

OH has one in work they've said we can use (think that's because his boss is a big nosy biddy, even though he's a man :P )
    But at least we know what it looks like on the shimmer! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

They are €2300 for the band and €200 for their DJ.

They are a great band! Never seen them at a wedding but have seen them quite a few times in pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Have you seen the Modern Souls? They're based in Tipperary but would probably travel. They were our wedding band and unreal, the dancefloor was hopping all night. We didn't want a 'waltz n jive' band so they were perfect! Check them out live if you can as the YouTube videos don't do them justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sunnier

I am a newbie here, but recently got engaged and are aiming for spring 2016. In about ten days we have the appointment to register, have our date picked and the hotel and photographer we like have our date free so we have been quite lucky. We have spoken about it for so long so it is mad that it is actually happening!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Have you seen the Modern Souls? They're based in Tipperary but would probably travel. They were our wedding band and unreal, the dancefloor was hopping all night. We didn't want a 'waltz n jive' band so they were perfect! Check them out live if you can as the YouTube videos don't do them justice at all.

Thanks Dolbert, if you have a chance could you send me on a number or email address for them? Can't see one online, just their Facebook!

• Advertisement

Can anyone who booked with the HSE for a venue other than the registry office tell me how long it took from the booking until you got your pack in the post to fill out for the venue's inspection?

Advertisement