Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Whats it like working in the bankcentre as a graduate does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 holidayadvice

Can anybody please gove more info on the grain silo yest or how to prep for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rory16

Hi guys, a bit off topic but does anyone know what the Bank's policy is on staff having facial hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 holidayadvice

Hi Rory id say if its neat and you had it at inter iew your safe enough but maybe ask hr direct? Hav you had an ogfer?
    rory16 wrote: »
    Hi guys, a bit off topic but does anyone know what the Bank's policy is on staff having facial hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

rory16 wrote: »

Its grand dont worry about it, but make sure your looking sharp for the interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Elle1314

Hi guys this thread has been really helpful I've read most of it but I'm just wondering about airside call centre. What are the hours like? Is it mon - fri 9-5? Also is there free parking for staff? Is it in the business park. I applied last week and then was sent an aptitude test to complete I found it hard but feel I did ok. What percent is a pass? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

I read earlier in this thread that turnover is quite high for branch banking positions, why would that be do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

For anyone who has been called for aptitude tests. Did you upload copies of any qualifications you have. I have just applied for a role with AIB that I am very excited about. Scanner is on the blink so I haven't attached anything apart from my CV and filled out the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Hi guys,

Was everyone here a graduate? I was sent an aptitude test for the call centre positions on Friday and have yet to hear anything back.

username_x wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Was everyone here a graduate? I was sent an aptitude test for the call centre positions on Friday and have yet to hear anything back.
    I'm the same I sent mine on Friday, waiting to hear back! I'm not a graduate just leaving cert and a qualification not related to business. They told me I would be interviewed thurs or Friday if I was successful with the test. Also starting date would be the 2nd of June if I was successful overall. Is that the same as yourself?

• Advertisement

Elle1314 wrote: »
    I'm the same I sent mine on Friday, waiting to hear back! I'm not a graduate just leaving cert and a qualification not related to business. They told me I would be interviewed thurs or Friday if I was successful with the test. Also starting date would be the 2nd of June if I was successful overall. Is that the same as yourself?

Yep, that's the exact same as me! Hopefully we'll hear back soon. I'm so impatient I hate the waiting game..

Yep, that's the exact same as me! Hopefully we'll hear back soon. I'm so impatient I hate the waiting game..

I'm the same, i heard its mon to fri 8.30 - 5 but I never asked on the phone. Do you know if that's right?

As far as I know it's shift work, but not crazy hours! I thiiink the latest shift finishes at half six but I could be way off.. And you have to work something like one in every four Saturdays. A friend of a friend currently works there and loves it.

I'm a little relieved I'm not the only one waiting to hear back. Were you supposed to be sent your aptitude test on Thursday and it didn't come through?

As far as I know it's shift work, but not crazy hours! I thiiink the latest shift finishes at half six but I could be way off.. And you have to work something like one in every four Saturdays. A friend of a friend currently works there and loves it.

I'm a little relieved I'm not the only one waiting to hear back. Were you supposed to be sent your aptitude test on Thursday and it didn't come through?
    Glad your in the same position as me. No I was meant to receive it Friday. A friend of a friend works there 8.30-5 apparently. Knew was too good to be true. Don't mind working the odd Saturday. Fingers crossed for both of us

You'd never know though, it depends on the shift I guess. I could be totally wrong though so don't take my word as gospel. I'm assuming if we're going to be interviewed this week we'd need a phone call today at the latest?

Best of luck - Let me know if you hear anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 minnie15

I got a call on Friday too, was the deadline for doing the test Thursday? The email i got said 21st which was obviously wrong, I've emailed them but no reply and my phone has died so I can't find the number to call them. Is the test like the practice tests?
    Thanks

minnie15 wrote: »
    I got a call on Friday too, was the deadline for doing the test Thursday? The email i got said 21st which was obviously wrong, I've emailed them but no reply and my phone has died so I can't find the number to call them. Is the test like the practice tests?
    Thanks

To be honest I thought the actual test was slightly easier. The deadline for the test is 24 hours from the time you receive it. I can PM you the phone number if that's handy for you?

Also, did anyone who done the online test notice that we only got 17 minutes for both verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning?

To be honest I thought the actual test was slightly easier. The deadline for the test is 24 hours from the time you receive it. I can PM you the phone number if that's handy for you?

Also, did anyone who done the online test notice that we only got 17 minutes for both verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning?

If you could send me that number it would be much appreciated. I thought he said the deadline was Thursday. Must have hear wrong.

If you could send me that number it would be much appreciated. I thought he said the deadline was Thursday. Must have hear wrong.

I've just PM'd you. Let us know how you get on!

I've just PM'd you. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks so much

• Advertisement

Did you get through?

Did you get through?

Apologies, I tried sending a pm not sure if it sent, yes, I've to do it today, they're screening for interviews today. Going to try it in a few. Fingers crossed.

Apologies, I tried sending a pm not sure if it sent, yes, I've to do it today, they're screening for interviews today. Going to try it in a few. Fingers crossed.

No worries! Oh, so they're going through all the results today to offer interviews?
    That's exciting!

Don't worry about the aptitude test. Just take your time and don't pay attention to the countdown clock - it will only distract you. Remember for verbal reasoning that other sources and your own opinions don't come into it. You only need to pay attention to what is in the paragraph. I almost answered because of my own opinions a couple of times :o

Best of luck with it! You'll be absolutely fine!

No worries! Oh, so they're going through all the results today to offer interviews?
    That's exciting!

Don't worry about the aptitude test. Just take your time and don't pay attention to the countdown clock - it will only distract you. Remember for verbal reasoning that other sources and your own opinions don't come into it. You only need to pay attention to what is in the paragraph. I almost answered because of my own opinions a couple of times :o

Best of luck with it! You'll be absolutely fine!

Thank you, i'll let you know how it goes, hopefully you get an interview

That was tough enough! Guessed a few towards the end, was running out of time.

I just got a phone call saying that I have an interview on Thursday!

I just got a phone call saying that I have an interview on Thursday!

Well done!

Well done!

Hope you hear soon!

Has anyone else heard back?

• Advertisement

Has anyone else heard back?

Not yet, I don't expect to get called for interview, don't think I did that well in the aptitude test. So I'm watching for the thanks but no thank you email. Good luck with your interview. Let us know how it goes.

Advertisement