Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

RomanGod wrote: »
    Wow. You know things are bad when they have to reuse the same paper for aptitude tests.

I'd love to have been there for that. "Hey guys if you don't mind just shading the box lightly we need to give these to the next group of candidates cheers"

She actually said make sure there's no pages missing from the booklet because these have been used before!the answer sheets were new but not the question books. She said well know Monday so it sounds like things move fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

ryanf1 wrote: »
    She actually said make sure there's no pages missing from the booklet because these have been used before!the answer sheets were new but not the question books. She said well know Monday so it sounds like things move fairly fast.

I'd imagine the staff turnover rate is quite high there, they are always hiring it seems. Still a respected company regardless, I would have taken the job myself if truth be told. Looks good on your cv and if you can get through the branch role you move on to bigger things

. Looks good on your cv and if you can get through the branch role you move on to bigger things

I was wondering about progression. I know it's a 23 month contract so I take it there are prospects to stay on longer. But I wouldn't want to be at that level in 10 years time and I'd want to be earning more also.

I was wondering about progression. I know it's a 23 month contract so I take it there are prospects to stay on longer. But I wouldn't want to be at that level in 10 years time and I'd want to be earning more also.

Do your QFA qualifications or a Personal Lines Insurance Qualification in your spare time and youll progress to their main operations building. That's where the real money is to be made.

I've a feeling that it's only going to be the top achievers in the test get an interview. I think I did well enough but then others may have done better than me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Depending on the type of aptitude test you do, I say you need to be good at maths. Has anyone here applied for the roles in Web/Digital Marketing and social media with AIB? Just wondering what type of Aptitude test would have to be done for those type of roles? They have been advertised on the AIB career site and on irishjobs.ie. Not sure if some could be jobbridges or not. I know one of them was an internship and the others full time positions.

I've a feeling that it's only going to be the top achievers in the test get an interview. I think I did well enough but then others may have done better than me

Better than a general knowledge test that I got. Who's the tanaiste? wrote Eamon Gilmore like an eejit. 4 largest cities in Ireland? Got 3 right for sure but wrote Belfast instead of Derry City

Mine was the Morrisby general abilities test. There were people doing it that has applied for various jobs so I've no idea what tests are for what job.

I did the silo and grains test before for the Data Analysis role but didn't get beyond the test. It was a very difficult one but not like the Morrisby general abilities test. I'd say the Morrisby test would be more for the general roles. Might be different for Financial or Marketing roles?

doovdela wrote: »
    I did the silo and gains test before for the Data Analysis role but didn't get beyond the test. It was a very difficult one but not like the Morrisby general abilities test. I'd say the Morrisby test would be more for the general roles. Might be different for Financial or Marketing roles?

I honestly have no idea but I applied for branch banking myself. There were others going for the grad scheme and more for some credit supervisor or something

• Advertisement

Thought I would hear from them today but nothing

Thought I would hear from them today but nothing

The aptitude test I posted earlier I passed and got the job offer. If I can pass that I'm sure you'll get through to the next round considering you thought your test went well enough

Yeah I answered a minimum of 20 Qs on each section.

Yeah I answered a minimum of 20 Qs on each section.

Oh were you timed? Did you leave some unanswered?

Oh were you timed? Did you leave some unanswered?

Yes, between 8 and 12 mins for 30q's.

Yes, between 8 and 12 mins for 30q's.

If you left one or two unanswered that can be a good thing. The trick is that they look at the ratio of right answers to questions answered so 24 right out of 28 answered is better than 24/30 where you guessed the last 2. It just drives your ratio down to blind guess. An old trick hr managers use so now you'll know for next time if you don't pass on this occasion

If you left one or two unanswered that can be a good thing. The trick is that they look at the ratio of right answers to questions answered so 24 right out of 28 answered is better than 24/30 where you guessed the last 2. It just drives your ratio down to blind guess. An old trick hr managers use so now you'll know for next time if you don't pass on this occasion

I went for the approach of getting as many as possible correct( I hope) rather than answering everything, to a point. If I hadn't a clue I moved on, but if I knew a question just needed a little thought then I gave it an extra few seconds. I would say I answered an average of 24/25 on each section, and then allow for a few wrong answers. There was also a few with 2 answers needed and I think I got one wrong so I don't know if thats half a mark or not. Eg if the answer was A and B I may have said A and C

I went for the approach of getting as many as possible correct( I hope) rather than answering everything, to a point. If I hadn't a clue I moved on, but if I knew a question just needed a little thought then I gave it an extra few seconds. I would say I answered an average of 24/25 on each section, and then allow for a few wrong answers. There was also a few with 2 answers needed and I think I got one wrong so I don't know if thats half a mark or not. Eg if the answer was A and B I may have said A and C

Well they said no to me very quickly so not hearing back could still mean good news

Quick question, have you ever had an interview with RSM Farrell Grant or firm of an equivalent size? I was meant to meet them tomorrow, I've already accepted a job offer but I might just see the sceal and hoping you might have tips. This would be my first proper interview for an accounting firm

Well they said no to me very quickly so not hearing back could still mean good news

Quick question, have you ever had an interview with RSM Farrell Grant or firm of an equivalent size? I was meant to meet them tomorrow, I've already accepted a job offer but I might just see the sceal and hoping you might have tips. This would be my first proper interview for an accounting firm
    I don't have a lot of experience with firms of that size. I did interview for PKF in Harolds Cross and Beechwood in the City. I remember it being mostly standard enough HR stuff and maybe why do you want to be an Accountant or why do you think you would be a good Accountant?

Interview with AIB on Thursday:D

• Advertisement

Told you you'd get to the next stage. You have to really mess up the test to fail that round. Just think they like you so far, just stay calm and collective during the interview and you'll get it

Congrats and well done!:)

Interview this morning. Don't know what to think. I answered their questions as best I could so its up to them now. I know I shouldn't be worrying about location now but they said they were only recruiting for 1 of the 4 areas where there are positions. I would be open to others so I don't know what to do about that

Is it mainly in Dublin or Swords or are they recruiting in other nationwide locations?

Limerick and Kildare too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sparkleboxx

I had an aptitude test with AIB last Thursday and was told we would hear from them by the end of the day on Friday. Ive heard nothing yet though.. How long were people waiting before ye got called for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

I had an aptitude test with AIB last Thursday and was told we would hear from them by the end of the day on Friday. Ive heard nothing yet though.. How long were people waiting before ye got called for an interview?

2 days I had to wait

I had mine a week last Friday and the told me they would be in touch Monday but it was Tuesday morning. I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Are AIB constantly recruiting? Is this for the graduate jobs in the midlands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 IrishGal24

Has anyone heard back yet? I had my interview with AIB last Thursday, said I would hear by the end of this week but no word yet. Fingers crossed they ring tomorrow !

Advertisement