Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

IrishGal24 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back yet? I had my interview with AIB last Thursday, said I would hear by the end of this week but no word yet. Fingers crossed they ring tomorrow !

No I haven't and I had my interview the same day as you. They just said to me it would be about a week and it's exactly a week today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 IrishGal24

ryanf1 wrote: »
    No I haven't and I had my interview the same day as you. They just said to me it would be about a week and it's exactly a week today.

Got a call about half an hour ago to say I got the job !! So happy !! Best of luck to everyone else !!!!

Maybe I'll hear tomorrow then, don't know how to feel now that you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 IrishGal24

Maybe I'll hear tomorrow then, don't know how to feel now that you got it.

Yeah exactly ! don't lose hope just yet they could still ring in the morning :)

IrishGal24 wrote: »
    Yeah exactly ! don't lose hope just yet they could still ring in the morning :)
    Do you think they are doing offers first or what? I want to b hopeful but not sure.

• Advertisement

Still nothing. I'm starting to lose my patience now.

So I just found out that the HR girl dealing with Branch Banking no longer works for AIB. Not sure what impact this will have on things.
    Don't know if I can say who it is but her name has been mentioned here before.

Didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rory16

What's the aptitude test for Branch Banking like? Is it different to the Grain and Silo Test for the Corporate Banking Roles?

I attempted this before and found it very difficult but have just been called for one for branch, don't want to waste my time and money going to Dublin to fail the same exam again!

rory16 wrote: »
    What's the aptitude test for Branch Banking like? Is it different to the Grain and Silo Test for the Corporate Banking Roles?

I attempted this before and found it very difficult but have just been called for one for branch, don't want to waste my time and money going to Dublin to fail the same exam again!

No its nothing like that. Go to morrisby.com and do the sample. It is along the same lines as that only harder and you are under immense time pressure.

• Advertisement

No its nothing like that. Go to morrisby.com and do the sample. It is along the same lines as that only harder and you are under immense time pressure.

Fantastic, thats good to hear, youve taken a weight of fear off me! Thanks!

Fantastic, thats good to hear, youve taken a weight of fear off me! Thanks!

Its by no means easy so don't go in thinking it will be, the questions get harder as you go along and you really are under horrendous time pressure so its hard to think straight. I passed it but didn't get a job after interview.

Guys passed the apptitude test (thank god) and have a branch interview tomorrow.. does anyone know how specific the interviews for branch roles are or are they quite general? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Guys passed the apptitude test (thank god) and have a branch interview tomorrow.. does anyone know how specific the interviews for branch roles are or are they quite general? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Rory my brother did the apptitude test nearly 2 weeks ago now, he still hasnt heard anything, when did you do the test and when did you hear from them.

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Hey Rory my brother did the apptitude test nearly 2 weeks ago now, he still hasnt heard anything, when did you do the test and when did you hear from them.

I did the test about 3 weeks ago and only heard yesterday. It takes quite a while tell him not to worry!

For me it all moved along quite fast. Between me applying and getting an interview was just over 3 weeks, I did the aptitude test within that time also.

For me it all moved along quite fast. Between me applying and getting an interview was just over 3 weeks, I did the aptitude test within that time also.

And how was the interview?

And how was the interview?

Well I didn't get the Job but I found the HR questions tough. Just research competency based interviews and have loads of examples is the best advice I can give.

If hired for branch banking, what is the title of the role?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭maneno

If hired for branch banking, what is the title of the role?
    Bank official

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

can you still apply for this?

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    can you still apply for this?

There doesn't seem to be branch banking positions available at the moment. The turnover is quite high so keep an eye on this link where all AIB jobs are posted

http://jobs.aib.ie/search/&q=&title=Filter%3A%20title&location=Filter%3A%20city&date=Filter%3A%20date&locationSearch=&startrow=26

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

cheers

Has anyone started a branch role recently? What are the starting responsibilities and is there a uniform required?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 awney

Hey guys, new to this thread but just wondering what your overall time frames were like. I applied for a regional position with AIB on Oct 13th - feels like a lifetime ago! I have heard nothing from them since. I did specify that it was the Athlone Branch I was interested in joining, so maybe that’s why?
    I’m 6 weeks waiting for any kind of communication from them now - I assume that means I won’t even get called for aptitude test at this stage, or were some of you waiting as long / longer?
    Not sure if I should just forget about it - or hold out for another while. I have since done another interview and I’m afraid that AIB will come knocking just after I accept the other job if I get it!
    I contacted a recruiter (even though I didn’t apply through one) and she told me that they can be very slow coming back to applicants, but I just feel that there’s very slow, and there’s 6 weeks!
    Wouldn’t even mind if I got an email to say sorry but you’ve not been successful - at least then could draw a line under it and move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 monsterbunch

awney wrote: »
    Hey guys, new to this thread but just wondering what your overall time frames were like. I applied for a regional position with AIB on Oct 13th - feels like a lifetime ago! I have heard nothing from them since. I did specify that it was the Athlone Branch I was interested in joining, so maybe that’s why?
    I’m 6 weeks waiting for any kind of communication from them now - I assume that means I won’t even get called for aptitude test at this stage, or were some of you waiting as long / longer?
    Not sure if I should just forget about it - or hold out for another while. I have since done another interview and I’m afraid that AIB will come knocking just after I accept the other job if I get it!
    I contacted a recruiter (even though I didn’t apply through one) and she told me that they can be very slow coming back to applicants, but I just feel that there’s very slow, and there’s 6 weeks!
    Wouldn’t even mind if I got an email to say sorry but you’ve not been successful - at least then could draw a line under it and move on!

From my experiance they are very poor at responding to appilants or they just dont care. I woulnt worry about it just focus on your new job. They seem to have so many working in HR that they dont know what the others are doing. If thats the way the treat applicants maybe you are better off working for someone elso who has the decency to treat potential employess with the respect the deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 awney

From my experiance they are very poor at responding to appilants or they just dont care. I woulnt worry about it just focus on your new job. They seem to have so many working in HR that they dont know what the others are doing. If thats the way the treat applicants maybe you are better off working for someone elso who has the decency to treat potential employess with the respect the deserve.

ya, part of me is saying that, but then if they called i'd still go for it - but i know what you are saying ... 6 weeks is a long time to be waiting for any form of contact, save an automatically generated email to say they received the application. I also sent a paper copy on the advice of a branch manager and sent a follow up email to the general HR email - so i guess i can do no more really. totally frustrating though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Batman55

Grain Silo Test
    Just read the questions carefuly a lot of the info is there to try a put you off only some of it is relevant to answer the question

For one part you are given a bar chat with rain fall for the year and showing how its goes up down or the same with the level of rain fall. Just read the bar chart in the question and check it against the other bar chart to to tell if that amount of rain fall will + - or = the amount of grain in the store.

Another part you just add the grades of grain together and see if it + - or = the origional value of grain.

Another part shows a pie chart showing the grade of grain. There are 3 types of grain and then a higher quality of each grain. You have to match the pie chart to the correct one (grain Pie chart) to tell you in what type of grain it is and then you have to determine the grade of the grain.

Bring a watch because threre was no clocks in the room they give you 45 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Did this aptitude test in Dublin last Friday, 4 people outside afterwards questioned it's relevance and asked around about what was the point of it. One person worked in a bank for a few years and never had to do this test.

Also more than one booklet had a good few answers marked in with pencil, mine was and there were others. So the on the day the test has no credibility since the staff wouldn't even notice the error could have got some new ones made up so nobody cheats and gets through to the next stage. Going by AIB, it's not really what you know but a lottery to see if you get the best paper to cheat with.

Still didn't get to the next stage, was my second attempt to gain a gig off them and the first time there was no test, second time wasting 30 odd euro to travel to D4 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 littlelizard

Hi
    I had interview for Kilkenny branch on Feb 5th and haven't heard anything since
    Has anyone heard?

Advertisement