Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kay2011

deens7881 wrote: »

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply..mugch appreciated..

Hi how did u find it I only managed to answer 15 questions,

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply..mugch appreciated..

Anyone get a job and having difficulty finding accommodation? There's not much around in house shares, fingers crossed I'll get a room next week after some viewings but I'd defo be interested in teaming up with fellow AIBers to let a house, way more choice in lettings! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 deens7881

kay2011 wrote: »

Hi Kay

sorry for a late reply...i managed to do 20.. had no hope,but got a call today for an interview...delighted..

Hi Kay

sorry for a late reply...i managed to do 20.. had no hope,but got a call today for an interview...delighted..

that's great!! have not had a call yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 deens7881

that's great!! have not had a call yet

from the previous posts , i think they call some times as late as 3 weeks..so keep fingers crossed and all the best..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Most of the people who were recruited this time last year (branch banking) are not getting their contracts renewed. It was announced last week. At least they gave people a years notice to find other work. Best off getting out of there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Anybody doing the corporate banking aptitude test on Monday in Dublin?? What kind of test is it I read some posts about a still grain test but have no idea what it is!! have no clue what I'm walking into or what kind of tests I should be practising for it!! HINTS PLEASE!!!!

has anyone got the 3.5 years contract with AIB for the trainee accountant role? what exams do you have to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kel2

has anyone got the 3.5 years contract with AIB for the trainee accountant role? what exams do you have to do ?

Ive got the aptitude test for that role tomorrow. I believe they have you do any professional exams (ACCA, CIMA etc)

By the way anybody going in for this aptitude test tomorrow? I had a mate do an aptitude test a few weeks back and he told me it was the Silo grain one. Wonder which one they will have tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 UL12

I have the 3.5 years contract you choose between ACCA or CIMA. In some cases people can do ACA too but thats not that common and would prob only be considered if you had the masters in accounting done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BM16

Has anyone heard back from AIB about the 3.5 year accounting graduate scheme?
    Was anyone else in for interview last week? Did they say when we should expect to hear back if we are successful or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

No had the interview last week and still waiting, they said seven days though

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

Has anybody heard from AIB?Its going to be around 3 weeks now since the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

Ya still no word , abit of a joke ,poor hr practice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is anyone having an aptitude test week ?

Any one ?

That grain & silo test was a bitch.

I thought it was being cancelled.

That form off assessment definitely does not select the best candidate lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya it's a very difficult test. I did it last year. Didn't even get to finish it. I never heard back from hr. Its gas they look for minimum 2.2 degree but the test seem to just whittle out a lot of people so only certain number get through. What's the point of applying but I suppose they have to assess people in different manner to whittle down interview candidates quickest way to do it is via the aib apt test.

Doesn't matter the final degree result they whittle down candidates regardless of degree results it's the apt test result matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

anyone know what a Asset Management Portfolio Administrator is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

going for aptitude testing tomorrow.
    Is it a secret how much the call center employees get paid, I can not find this anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 richiculous

I'm going tomorrow as well, no idea what to expect, just got the call during the week saying that the aptitude test is on Friday. Did you do any preparation yourself? Best of luck! :)

looked a little bit on that Morrsby, i did those kind of test before (not in English, but i did them) and they are not that bad

as I sad tried to find out about pay but cant find anything anywhere
    (considering 2 more jobs so just to have all facts)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 richiculous

I haven't done any aptitude tests in around 4 and a half years I'd say, have looked at a few things tonight online but I don't think there's a huge amount of preparation that you can do for them. Also, haven't seen anything about pay online either. I've got an interview next week elsewhere so fingers crossed I can get a job out of one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maneno

i think the starting salary for call centre is 24K, i could be wrong...

ok, so just got a call that i passed aptitude, and they are inviting me for an interview...the lady sad it will be a competence based one

so that is just a general type of interview right? (it for a call center)

do you think i have to wear a suit?
    or a black pants, nice shirt/blouse/top and a jacket suit will be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GEKKO135

Any one doing the aptitude test in Ballsbridge Hotel tomorrow? I applied for the corporate grad role on Tuesday night and got a call today. Talk about going in unprepared. I didn't think hr worked that quickly in any company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Griff_

Hey Gekko315, I was at the test today. How did you find it? I only completed 21 q's! I felt like the 15 min warning came out of nowhere! My own fault for bad time keeping I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GEKKO135

_Griff_ wrote: »
    Hey Gekko315, I was at the test today. How did you find it? I only completed 21 q's! I felt like the 15 min warning came out of nowhere! My own fault for bad time keeping I suppose!

Thought it was tough alright, only finished 19 myself and i'm pretty sure I messed up Q's 10-15 (the one's where grades of grain came into play). Here's hoping I got everything else right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 _Griff_

Did you get any call back? I got an e-mail today saying I passed the test and that I may be called for an interview.

Advertisement