Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cablah

Yeah I got the email yesterday also. They said that they wanted hire asap at the test.. So much for that

Received a call there for an interview during the middle of next week. 1 hour long competency based with a 5 minute SWOT analysis of a company of my choosing (except Ryanair??)..

Has anyone done this type of interview before? Its the first one I have ever encountered

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shanefoodmsc

Hi all

I have been called to sit an aptitude test next week, just wondering what does it entail (is it like a full assessment day)? Its for an advisory role. Also should I wear a suit or is smart casual enough?

Thanks for any help

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

I also got called for an aptitude test. To be honest the initial buzz from getting the call has dwindled after reading this thread. It sounds like they call in a huge amount of people. On the other hand their recruitment process has three stages which will make sure that the people that do get hired are a good fit for the company. I'm actually nervous about the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

Got a call too! Don't think ill bother heading up for it.... It's on at 9 am and like the post above I haven't heard great things about them!

Might head up still but seriously doubting it! Is it for customer service face to face or telephone customer service does anyone know?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

I did 4 aptitude tests for 4 different finance jobs in Nov-Jan and the only one I didn't get was the AIB one. That gran-silo test is by far the most absurd test I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

fangler wrote: »
    I did 4 aptitude tests for 4 different finance jobs in Nov-Jan and the only one I didn't get was the AIB one. That gran-silo test is by far the most absurd test I've ever seen.

I hear ya! I did it too.... Aloada poo, I'm an intelligent enough person but I guessed every answer as I didn't have a clue. Shocking like

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

The odd thing is that the investment banks pay more than AIB and their tests are much easier. Not easier but made more logical sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Griff_

@cablah Got called for the interview as well, last wednesday i had it, went decently enough I think! How did you get on?

@ shane I did an aptitude test a few weeks ago for them, it was the grain and silo test 45 mins long in and out and thats it! as for dress code I opted for smart casual, there was a few guys wearing suits but most smart casual, it doesn't really matter as you wont have any face time with them that day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MRSbusy

Hi all

I have been called to sit an aptitude test next week, just wondering what does it entail (is it like a full assessment day)? Its for an advisory role. Also should I wear a suit or is smart casual enough?

Thanks for any help

Shane

Hi, I've been called for an aptitude test this week, does anyone know how long the test or tests takes? Have you been practising? I just googled aptiude tests and being doing them.... is it a seriies of test? Numerical and verbal ?

Yeah I felt quite good about it after, but I have seen people comment on this that said it went great but they never got a call back. They told me it would be the end of the week maybe even next before we hear. Did they mention anything like that to you?

Test is this week so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shanefoodmsc

that was tough all right... way different to usual aptitude tests.. they said they would b back within a day or 2..
    wondering should i contact them if i haven't heard anything??? i know some people were told this morning that they didn't have an interview.. unsure what to do...

No word uet anyway!First they said it would be the next couple of weeks, then they said it might be sooner, heres hoping!!would just love to know either way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

I thought abi was laying off

that was tough all right... way different to usual aptitude tests.. they said they would b back within a day or 2..
    wondering should i contact them if i haven't heard anything??? i know some people were told this morning that they didn't have an interview.. unsure what to do...

What position were you applying for?

Got offered the Job just there, so wanted to let people know they are sending out offers now. Good luck to everyone involved

Cablah wrote: »
    Got offered the Job just there, so wanted to let people know they are sending out offers now. Good luck to everyone involved

Well done on getting the job, best of luck with it.

Got the offer as well :), Goodluck to everyone else!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Liloldme

Hi all, I completed the SIlo Grain Aptitude test and just had an interview today. I found the interviewers extremely pleasant. There were no questions about strengths and weaknesses but more about experience. Why AIB ? Why Analytics?

I really hope I am successful I think Analytics is a fantastic career to get into nowadays.

How long after the interview were you guys contacted?

Liloldme wrote: »

How long after the interview were you guys contacted?

I had mine on a Wednesday and was offered the next week on Friday.

Ok so a small bit of a wait! I hate waiting! Were they flexible about your start date or looking for a quick start ? I currently have a job so hopefully I get offered and more so they are flexible !

Well I start at the end of Feb so they gave me a good bit to get my affairs in order. I personally would have liked to have started this week or next. The long wait is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoJo91

I did my aptitude test last Monday 27th. I only got mail on Wednesday that I passed and that they will send my cv to Business to shortlist the candidates. Did you get similar mails? It sounds weird for me, I think I should have interview last Friday or maybe Monday but they still didn't write me back...

Did you apply through a recruitment agency ? I went directly via AIB Jobs.

Yes, I also went directly via AIB Jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Annie6frog

Hi jojo91 I also did my test that day and received the email on the Wednesday!i thought I should have heard something by now!!i know of one lad who got the email on Thursday to say he wasn't successfull so maybe that is a good sign for us!what role were u going for?

Annie6frog- I called them yesterday and they say that if we got email that we passed, we just have to wait for the call next few days.
    So maybe it is a good sign for us- I think if they want people to start at the end of February they still have some time for screening candidates. We just have to wait and see. I don't know exactly what role they have for me, because I just applied for "Graduate Opportunities" via AIB Careers website. If the lad got mail that he was unsuccesful very possible that we are still in the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Annie6frog

How did u find that test actually?..yep hopefully we get the call!i was getting fierce worried but I hadn't the cop on to ring them!i applied for the agri role! If I get the call I have a friend who says he will give me a hand with the interview..he got thru it a few years ago!ill post whatever advice I get here..

Advertisement