Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoJo91

That test wasn't that bad for me I finished everything very fast. I did similar things on my studies, but I expected more that morrisby test. I think my position will be more with corporate banking. I heard that everyone who passed the test has interview so really we only can wait for the call :) <HOPEFULLY>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aaron_25

Hey @Griff and Cablah, I also accepted the grad role and am sue to start at the end of Feb. I'm just wondering are yoou guys finding it really difficult to find accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnb65

Anyone know if AIB pay more if you have a Masters in Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

I did the test about two weeks ago, only heard back today that I passed and that I am being considered for a role now. Why would they do this?? I'd rather hear from them only when they have an interview lined up for me. I'm concerned about getting time off work etc. I think I am being considered for a customer services role

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Annie6frog

I did the test two weeks ago too and heard back from them two days after that I had passed and that someone would call me in the next few days! Heard nothing so I presume that's a PFO..would have been manners to send an email!

• Advertisement

Oh no! That's not a good sign. I really wanted this. I had called hr and was told it could take two weeks to sort out interviews. That was a few days ago.

Mite have spoken a bit soon! Anyone else get the call today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Griff_

Hey Aaron, Only saw this now , I was finding it very difficult but luckily one of my friends ended up having a spare room for me in stillorgan, did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Griff_

Hey @Aaron, Only saw this now , I was finding it very difficult but luckily one of my friends ended up having a spare room for me in stillorgan, did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Hi. Got a call for the aptitude test for a position with direct sales. Are all of the jobs for a call Centre or will they be for working in an actual bank? I just put my cv in and thought no more of it.
    Can someone tell me?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

I did the aptitude test for customer service and got a call on Friday to interview for an insurance role. The person I spoke to said they would email me further info about the role but I didn't get it so waiting till monday to hear from them. This gives me little time to prepare. Can anybody else shed some light on the interview process??

Dazey I had an interview Monday!didnt get the job but the questions were very standard.if you google aib interview question a list of potential questions come up..I got the difficult customer questions..the leadership questions..like have u ever lead a team..how do u deal with conflict..and then maybe a few in ur chosen job area..but it's nothing to be afraid of just be yourself..

So I got a job at bankcentre and am finding the place unbelievably vast. I was wondering would any other succesful candidates like to meet up for drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Liloldme

dazey wrote: »
    So I got a job at bankcentre and am finding the place unbelievably vast. I was wondering would any other succesful candidates like to meet up for drinks?

Hey this is my third week in , pm me and let me what dept you are in !

Liloldme wrote: »
    Hey this is my third week in , pm me and let me what dept you are in !

Just did! Any others up for it are more than welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lisabeth

Has anybody been offered a customer service position in Airside?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Just got offered postion in airside.

Can anyone tell me what documentation if any I need to get organised? Just waiting on my contract to be emailed to me but I'm busy for next week or two until I start so want to get organised now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pk1988

hey start work in aib airside swords on Monday just wondering what should I wear? is a suit too much? would slacks and shirt be ok? just not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luckyted

I was recently interviewed for an entry level role with AIB think the interview went well but am wondering on average how long it usually takes HR to get back with an outcome I got the impression from the interview and apitude that there is a high level of recruitment at the moment would it be the case that HR are slow come back with an answer.

With anybody who is successful how are you finding working with AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

I am just after getting called for an aptitude test on Tuesday morning. I was just wondering what should I expect from it and is there any way i can prepare for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 luckyted

Morrisby.com has examples do it a few times to give you an idea of how to approach it

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

I am just after getting called for an aptitude test on Tuesday morning. I was just wondering what should I expect from it and is there any way i can prepare for it ?

was up there myself,thought I didnt do well but got a phone call this morning to go up for a interview tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rory16

Hi guys,

I have an aptitude test with AIB on Friday.. does anyone have any idea what to prepare?? Extremely nervous about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

rory16 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have an aptitude test with AIB on Friday.. does anyone have any idea what to prepare?? Extremely nervous about it!

did it 10 days ago was hard enough but the time constraits were the toughest 30 mcq in 8mins I usually got 22-25 done,6 rounds of mcq.

I was so nervous I almost didnt bother going,some how got into the second round of interviews and got a job out of it.

www.morrisby.com has a sample on their page and some of the questions are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This is a fantastic thread! Read most of it.
    I've got an aptitude test on Friday, it's going to last about an hour and a half so hope it's not the grain silo test. She said she would send me an email but hasn't yet.
    Are AIB that hung up on college grades? I'm in for the branch banking roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flux1

I had an interview today for a branch banking role. I think it went well but its hard to know. The interviewers were nice and it wasn't a grilling like you get with most companies they just wanted examples of how you dealt with past situations.

I was just wondering what documentation will they require if I'm offered the job. Do they need a copy of your leaving cert results or are college transcripts enough? Also I read something about a copy of your passport and a medical report. Does anyone know what documents they will want because I'd need to send away for some of them.

Just done it and it was by no means easy but far from.impossible. So what s next, does success in the test guarantee you an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Just done it and it was by no means easy but far from.impossible. So what s next, does success in the test guarantee you an interview?

Doing well in the test guarantees the interview otherwise why implement it into the recruitment process. The only issue would be that a lot of people did well and they have to cut a few out on basis of something else (cv)

Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee overall success, I got the highest in the aptitude test stage and failed the interview so I'd definitely go into the interview thinking it's still all to play for. Don't get complacent if they tell you how well you did in the test like i did

RomanGod wrote: »
    Doing well in the test guarantees the interview otherwise why implement it into the recruitment process. The only issue would be that a lot of people did well and they have to cut a few out on basis of something else (cv)

Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee overall success, I got the highest in the aptitude test stage and failed the interview so I'd definitely go into the interview thinking it's still all to play for. Don't get complacent if they tell you how well you did in the test like i did

She said we'll just be told if we passed or failed but I think to pass you need about 50% which I'm hopeful I got. Test itself was exactly like people say, like morriby online only harder. One stupid thing is they reuse the papers so some answers were marked on mine by the previous candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

ryanf1 wrote: »
    She said we'll just be told if we passed or failed but I think to pass you need about 50% which I'm hopeful I got. Test itself was exactly like people say, like morriby online only harder. One stupid thing is they reuse the papers so some answers were marked on mine by the previous candidate.

Wow. You know things are bad when they have to reuse the same paper for aptitude tests.

I'd love to have been there for that. "Hey guys if you don't mind just shading the box lightly we need to give these to the next group of candidates cheers"

Advertisement