Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »
    JBL in 2006-07 was awesome. Vince has poisoned him.

And JBL's influence has filtered down to Alex Riley and at time Renee Young. Just hate all the bickering and not calling the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

I enjoyed Booker on Raw, but I think that was probably novelty value. Week-in, week-out I imagine he'll be head wrecking.

Is Saxton any good? I know I've heard him the odd time on NXT, but honestly he hasn't made any kind of impression on me at all.

Clemantis wrote: »
    Is Saxton any good? I know I've heard him the odd time on NXT, but honestly he hasn't made any kind of impression on me at all.

Solid to unremarkable. But like I said Triple H really likes him. He has this enormous rep for being really nice. A lot of people in NXT would take a bullet for him. One of leaked NXT practice promo videos had Bayley legitimately crying out of joy as Bryon debuted on Raw as a backstage announcer the previous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd like to hear a RAW be called with nothing being fed to them except useful information/updates and no advertising

The same people who were suggesting to me that the Corey Graves announcement was informed by the claims in Punk/Cabana interviews are pointing out adding Booker T and Saxton to the announce teams is informed by Alberto Del Rio's WWE is racist claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE should give Christian a go on commentary

From Wade Keller:

Booker T was put on Raw to a) reel JBL in and b) add a more sports like feel - the ex-wrestler talking about wrestlers

Jerry Lawler was put on Smackdown as it is 2 hours and they didn't like the drop in energy from him in the 3rd hour of Raw. Wade thinks Jerry will be happy as Smackdown is taped in well under 2 hours while Raw being live and in real in time is every bit 3 hours and 15 minutes. It is being sold to him as "Jerry you will help increase the Smackdown rating".

There's apparently real plans for a soft Brand Split wrestlers exclusive to each show. Further details are unknown.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

if this means permanent Booker T on commentary on Raw Im all for it. Hes just built for Botchamania :p
    Shucky Ducky Quack Quack!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

A draft in April would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I really liked how JR and Striker announced the WK9, giving proper histories of wrestlers, talking about other promotions, even WrestlingInsider.com. It was amazing not to feel insulted watching a wrestling show.

It's great WWE are changing things around, but it will still be God awful with JBL and Cole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

JR and Striker were okay but not great. I felt JR didn't warm up until the last match.

They did cover some of the backstory stuff well but also missed some stuff. Good job overall and obviously a welcome breath of fresh air from WWE but comparing the two is apples and oranges tbh. NJPW with Japanese commentary is way better than WWE with English commentary.

I don't want to confuse people watching on Sky here. This is just an American thing but come next week the WWE schedule hence forth will be:
    Monday: Raw
    Tuesday: Main Event
    Wednesday: NXT
    Thursday: Smackdown
    Friday: Superstars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I have a headache just thinking about that. 8 hours first run a week. 32 hours a month, 35 including the PPV. So hard to hook new fans with a schedule like this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

When Vince and Dunn kick the bucket (I fully expect Dunn to be buried alive in Vinces coffin) is there any chance of Raw going back to 2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

LeeJM wrote: »
    When Vince and Dunn kick the bucket (I fully expect Dunn to be buried alive in Vinces coffin) is there any chance of Raw going back to 2 hours?

Unless USA Network stop forking out the cash for 3 hours of programming, I don't think so.

In other news, WWE are rumoured to have penned a deal with Tapout Clothing.

link

I'm very skeptical about this one

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

KingJamsie wrote: »
    A draft in April would be amazing.

D'lo Brown drafted to RAW!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

NXT, Main Event and Superstars esre on the network so all make sense for WWE to have.

The other 5 hours are too much for WWE to do properly (as we see each week). A brand split of sorts could help them focus more and stop them running through ideas, feuds, matches at a fast pace. Maybe the roster is a little low in undamaged performers for that.

I have thought for a while that a well booked, seriously taken female roster would help them a lot. Could easily fill an hour of the 5 with them and if treated with respect have an hour people would want to watch.

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/553642561093783552

https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/553644687916302336

Normally I am a "It's entertainment now" guy but this does take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

jaykhunter wrote: »
    D'lo Brown drafted to RAW!

Is he back in wwe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

cena wrote: »
    Is he back in wwe?

No he's not.

Damnit D'lo! :pac:

• Advertisement

Garseys wrote: »
    No he's not.

Damnit D'lo! :pac:

:-( . liked himeback in the day

Big news
    David Otunga, who hasn't wrestled for WWE since the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, flew into Chattanooga, TN this afternoon and is booked for this weekend's WWE house show loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »
    Big news

He wrestled in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal? Jeez, don't remember that at all.

Otunga could be big if used properly, he has a great look and can talk.

Where has he been

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He wrestled in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal? Jeez, don't remember that at all.

Worst post ever.

B680Z8iIIAAw1LD.jpg

A NUMBER!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I really liked how JR and Striker announced the WK9, giving proper histories of wrestlers, talking about other promotions, even WrestlingInsider.com. It was amazing not to feel insulted watching a wrestling show.

It's great WWE are changing things around, but it will still be God awful with JBL and Cole.

I liked JR and Striker too, but it's massively unfair to compare what they did in one night to the job of doing Raw every week. They had one night's work with accomplished, over wrestlers in their established environment with built-up matches and feuds, plus a target audience which had to be assumed was a blank slate, therefore they had the entire careers of each participant to draw from in research.

Raw commentators have the job of keeping fresh characters who have been around years and are utterly established to the point of redundancy (what new bit of info can you say about Cena that hasn't been mentioned 1,000 times before?) and experimental characters in limbo or guys that just aren't clicking (who no doubt exist in NJPW too just don't get on Tokyo Dome shows). All the while they have to forward sell the next hour, the main event, the upcoming PPV, the Network, whatever else WWE has on, while also giving what's happened before them due dilligence simultaneously (since it's TV and not doing so could lead to people switching off, which isn't a problem on PPV since the viewers have already invested monetarily).

I'm not defending them and saying they're all doing the best job possible, but comparing the two is essentially apples and oranges. JR and Striker wouldn't do as good a job if they were hosting Raw because they wouldn't be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »

His role as the coffee swilling lawyer/lackey suited him but he wasn't particularly good at anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Worst post ever.

Ever? Really? No.

Can you not imagine, making his way to the ring, snarling "Big Dave Otunga", destroying all around him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

He needs new music first of, his current theme is bloody awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement