Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I can't see house shows really turning the network around. With all the shows they have on the air weekly, would seeing the same guys wrestle each other again on another show with no storyline development and guys not going full steam really be a thing people want to watch? The network numbers are what they are. I can't really think of much else they can do to draw people to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

RAW live on the network is the only thing that will significantly increase numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

RAW live on the network is the only thing that will significantly increase numbers.

I would suggest that is their long term goal.

How would RAW work live on the Network? USA would never allow that, as it would effect their ratings and they pay for the show. It would be mad of WWE to give up prime time TV slot.

In other "news" Stacy Keibler named hottest women in wrestling of all time by Playboy. Not a bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

She did Playboy O_O

• Advertisement

No it was just a list Playboy put together, many of the girls they picked have never done the magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I knew I would have se...heard of it ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Obvious and kind of a drip, drip thing so not a shock but still an end of an era. One of the last links to the Attitude Era:
    During the opening segment of Monday Night Raw, Jerry Lawler referred to both Edge and Christian as being retired.

That was not an error by Lawler. We are told that due to the rash of injuries and concussions Christian unfortunately dealt with during his current run with the company, he's been pulled from the ring and is considered "retired" as an in-ring performer.

We are told Christian has about a year left on his current WWE deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Pretty much sums it all up. WWE can produce anything it wants in terms of original programming, and while it's appreciated by a percentage of current Network subscribers, all every (or at least majority) WWE fan wants is ALL content live for 9.99 a month. MLB and UFC from as far as I am aware offer full archives plus all live programming for a smaller fee per month (Could be wrong but as I understand it)

P.S It's a crime if they don't give Christian a road agent role.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You don't get the numbered UFC events live on Fight Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

You don't get the numbered UFC events live on Fight Pass.

You do at a charge though. They're free to view 90 days after air date

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert wrote: »
    That was not an error by Lawler. We are told that due to the rash of injuries and concussions Christian unfortunately dealt with during his current run with the company, he's been pulled from the ring and is considered "retired" as an in-ring performer.

#Pray4JPLizV1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The first thing I thought of when I heard Christian was officially retired was "I wonder how JPLizV1 is after hearing it?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    #Pray4JPLizV1

:( × 1,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

What was Christian's last match then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brendão wrote: »
    What was Christian's last match then?

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=820&page=4

An IC title number 1 contenders match, that he won

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian deserves a good proper send off for his retirement from WWE, he mightn't have had as many world title reigns as Edge but he was still bloody awesome, cant wait for him to go into HOF

WWE could keep him around for commentary and more peep show

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Big Show & Christian on commentary would be awesome, would be a major improvement on the current trio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Stardust gives his top ten games of 2014 on GiantBomb.

Many of the staff are big wrestling fans, with one in particular (Dan Ryckert) having gotten on well with more than a few wrestlers through media events.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/stardust-s-top-10-games-of-2014/1100-5137/
    i aM STARDUST, we aRe STARDUST.

THat feEling u Had...WHEn yoU firsT r0de a biKe...thAt is where I COme from. The iOn ThruSters diDnt faiL me, as I enteRed the AtmoSphere in Cleveland, Ohio and WithiN 0nLy 6-monThs oF my pro-wrestling deBut i woN my fIRst majoR tItle(THE WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP with mY BrotHer-In-Dust, GOLDUST). At ArmsTech, I i woUld hAve Helped Hal Emmerich wiTh his "stealth camouflage", but tHats just fictioN. Although, I dO wear a Similar pieCe of equipMent currentlY in mY matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

More health problems for Jerry Lawler,

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/01/jerry-the-king-lawler-has-been-hospitalized/
    According to reports now making their way around the wrestling community, WWE legend Jerry “The King” Lawler has been hospitalized. It’s said that he’s been receiving treatment for Diverticulitis for the past few days, but there have been no updates as to the severity or his current condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's a little cold but hopefully he has to retire on medical grounds sooner rather then later.

He clearly has zero passion for the job and the business and he literally adds nothing to the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's a little cold but hopefully he has to retire on medical grounds sooner rather then later.

He clearly has zero passion for the job and the business and he literally adds nothing to the product.

He actually takes away from the product these days with his "commentary":(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Moneymaker wrote: »

Such a shame that all people will remember from him is being a pretty awful commentator and nearly dying on live tv seriously he's one of the best babyfaces of all time from his Memphis run more people should check it out it's great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I also remember his dubious record with women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I also remember his dubious record with women.

I was talking about his wrestling legacy not allegations about his personal life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

JBL put me off bigtime and IMO he's the worst of the three. Lawler I just mentally ignored.

JBL put me off bigtime and IMO he's the worst of the three. Lawler I just mentally ignored.

Yeah Lawler is just the daft Grandad in the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

And if you haven't seen prime-Lawler before look up some of King's promos from Memphis. The actual wrestling was not for me but Jesus he could sell a match. Lot of great guys were down there at some point. Corey Maclin makes current WWE commentary seem like JR at his peak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Hopefully they put Heyman on commentary after Brock finishes up, if Lawler's health scare is serious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement