Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Not sure if posted, but Jeff Hardy ragdolled off a cage at a a TNA taking,landing on his head and knocking himself out.
    http://instagram.com/p/xqISpvAbN6/#

Dude is gonna be banjacksed when hes old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I honestly don't know how he's managed to avoid a major injury for his whole career. It's really pretty remarkable. Though it does look like he takes that bump on his back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah Jeff knows how to judge margins.

I think the reaction is to the bump is a bit of a hyper reaction. I was surprised what so few people online put 2 and 2 together that TNA writes Jeff off this time of year as he can't travel to the UK tapings.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ever? Really? No.

Can you not imagine, making his way to the ring, snarling "Big Dave Otunga", destroying all around him?

@WWE: Who's that accompanying @TitusONeilWWE and @wwehornswoggle to the ring in #WWEMontgomery? @DavidOtunga! https://t.co/weyRCHX8UV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

rovert wrote: »
    B680Z8iIIAAw1LD.jpg

A NUMBER!

One is a number. But enough about Melina! :p

I'll let Ziggler use that in his routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

How do you mean?
    I mean that CM Punk would probably have hit the roof and done some sort of emo tweet if he had been told he was being eliminated first in the supposed 3 way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He wrestled in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal? Jeez, don't remember that at all.

Otunga could be big if used properly, he has a great look and can talk.

I could be big if used properly. Otunga is the absolute drizzlers. He got a push because he has a famous girlfriend.

His gimmick is HE DRINKS COFFEE!

So I was actually completely right about Jeff Hardy's bump. Just a crazy bump for a write off angle. Via PWInsider:
    While there are a lot of stories making the rounds about Jeff Hardy being injured, the spot at the TNA Lockdown 2015 taping which saw Hardy crotched on the door of the Six Sides of Steel, then knocked off after being clocked in the head by James Storm with a cowbell, crashing down onto the ringsteps below, was not an accident.

The spot was completely planned and is Hardy's storyline injury exit from the company as he cannot travel to the UK tour due to his 2009 drug conviction as it prevents him from entering that country. The "injury" is TNA's way to explain why he won't be on the multiple weeks of TV that will be taped next month in Great Britain.

The Lockdown episode, including Hardy's "injury" airs on 2/6. The next episode 2/13, will be taped in the UK.

If Hardy had been actually injured, TNA certainly would not have gone through with James Storm then attacking Hardy at the top of the entrance stage as he was being walked out by TNA security, which set up Matt Hardy being DDT'd on the stage.

As I noted in my report, which went up early Saturday morning, the scenario put a ton of heat on James Storm and The Revolution, because it was excellent - but make no mistake, the scenario played out exactly as it was planned.

Matt Hardy, by the way, did announce over the weekend that he will be working the TNA UK tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I could be big if used properly. Otunga is the absolute drizzlers. He got a push because he has a famous girlfriend.

His gimmick is HE DRINKS COFFEE!

Listen, when big Dave Otunga is being inducted into the HOF, a multi time world champ, with many 5 star classic matches in his CV, I'll be owed some big apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

His Nescafe deal was nixed by Vince, and the very next week Triple H walks out adorned in Maxwell House from head to toe.

I'd like to see him in UFC.

rovert wrote: »
    The same people who were suggesting to me that the Corey Graves announcement was informed by the claims in Punk/Cabana interviews are pointing out adding Booker T and Saxton to the announce teams is informed by Alberto Del Rio's WWE is racist claims.

While I am putting myself over Meltzer said the same thing as me this morning.

I am the king of scoops lads.

2 page spread in the sun newspaper today about Sunny.

Very random.

Big wrestling star hits rock bottom and now resorts to getting them out on skype for $50 was what they were going with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

"2 page spread in the sun newspaper today about Sunny."

EWWWW

Seemingly, the live Network feed was interrupted earlier to announce that Macho Man will be the first inductee to the 2015 HoF

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My personal tribute to the main man himself! Well deserved, years overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its a damn shame its taken so long considering some of the people who went before, its just a pity hes not around for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Took so long because he wanted his brother and dad inducted along with him. Shame Randy wasn't around for this, his speech would have been amazing. Mean Gene would have been the perfect man to induct him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Seems like WWE are finally inducting wrestlers that truly should have gone in a long time ago. Both Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior should have gone in around Hogan's time, maybe even earlier since they were kind've retired even before. I was also happy to see Jake Roberts get inducted too as well.

Any other legends who rightly still need to go in? I know some will probably say Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H etc. But we all know they're going in sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owen hart. But that prob can't happen due to Martha Hart's feelings towards the WWE.

• Advertisement

Owen's name comes up every year, and I myself would love to see it.

As pointed out by loughc though, it's never gonna happen.

Has Rick Rude gone in yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its time, its time, its Vader time for the wwe hall of fame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Honky tonk man, Sid , Nash, New Age Outlaws, Vader, Freebirds, Demolition and Bulldog.... I think Charles weight would be a good shout considering how long he spent in the company playing different characters, papa shango, Kama, godfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Agree, on Papa Shango / Godfather. Think he should be in sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They will all get in as they will probably soon run out of people to put in.:P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mister T's mother surely has to be in with a shout for the Celeb Wing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sirsok wrote: »
    Honky tonk man, Sid , Nash, New Age Outlaws, Vader, Freebirds, Demolition and Bulldog.... I think Charles weight would be a good shout considering how long he spent in the company playing different characters, papa shango, Kama, godfather.

The Freebirds not getting in will become one of the biggest ribs in wrestling on Michael Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Would love to see Raven, I have some hope as he was surprisingly prominent in the Heyman doc. Still an outside choice forever I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Has Rick Rude gone in yet?

Vince could still have a bee in his bonnet about how he left for WCW in 97

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any chance we can have Jay Lethal induct Macho Man?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement