Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

desbrook wrote: »
    I said the death featured - didn't say he actually died in the episode but yea Eastenders. Character anyone?

As all the characters in EastEnders are Dead you'll have to give us a better hint! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not a big fan of tv3, but i thought they did well tonight. Red Rock was pretty good and delighted to see The Resturaunt back on the screen, and did it justice. Will be interesting to see where Red Rock goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

desbrook wrote: »
    Lol - stupid story I read said every weds... Nothing about thurs!!! Very long gap till next one then!!

don't worry, its TV3, they will shove it down your throats with repeats for the days it is missing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

desbrook wrote:
    I said the death featured - didn't say he actually died in the episode but yea Eastenders. Character anyone?

Reg Cox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Reg Cox?

Reg Cox and Darren Kiely - names that will go down in history :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I thought it was okay, some of the acting was a bit wooden but I guess they need time to get better. I'll need to see a few more episodes before making up my mind.

It doesn't really feel or look like a soap, more of a drama.

That theme song is awful get rid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

syklops wrote: »
    Ah here.

Gabriel Byrne
    Pierce Brosnan
    Peter O'Toole
    Stuart Townsend
    Saoirse Ronan
    Jonathan Rhys Myers
    Laim Neeson
    Evanna Lynch
    Andrew Scott
    Colin Farrell

To name but a few.

Hmm. Not all of them on TV3.

Imagine if we could remake broadchurch here. And We could get the script. The cameraman. The directors. Use local scenery.

but not the actors. It wouldn't work. We don't have the talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

syklops wrote: »
    Ah here.

Gabriel Byrne
    Pierce Brosnan
    Peter O'Toole
    Stuart Townsend
    Saoirse Ronan
    Jonathan Rhys Myers
    Laim Neeson
    Evanna Lynch
    Andrew Scott
    Colin Farrell

To name but a few.

How many of these live in Ireland? Even the big TV stars fly in from London for a few weeks/months work.

The problem is the money. They don't have the money to attract really good talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is this only on once a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is this only on once a week?

its on again tonight (Thursday) @ 8.30 p.m.

jjf1974 wrote: »

Didn't see that, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,248 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Just caught up with on the player. Actually pretty decent : it's stylishly filmed (reminds me of the way Casualty is filmed in the UK).

For an opening episode, it wasn't a bad start at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Didn't see that, cheers.

Bad marketing by TV3 - After the title and channel the days the show is on should be the next most important piece of information to drum into our heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

jjf1974 wrote: »

A new episode or a repeat?

I have to say I really liked the first episode
    I was hoping to see a preview of the next episode they should have let us know when its on again

• Registered Users Posts: 55,028 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I missed little bits of the episode. The copper who was watching CCTV footage saw a schoolgirl in a car kissing an older man? What was this? Was the man a copper, and was the schoolgirl identified? The copper who watched the footage looked very agitated. Was she the man's partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

walshb wrote: »
    I missed little bits of the episode. The copper who was watching CCTV footage saw a schoolgirl in a car kissing an older man? What was this? Was the man a copper, and was the schoolgirl identified? The copper who watched the footage looked very agitated. Was she the man's partner?

Partner,sex with schoolgirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't watch soaps generally but was curious about this one, maybe because I used to watch The Bill. I don't think it is going to be a "the Bill" but I found it better than I expected. I will watch again.

I probably had my expectations too high. I didn't know much about the show going in, had seen the billboards and posters all over Dublin which made it seem like a gritty garda corruption story or something, and read they had spent something like €7m on the show (what did they waste that on?!). Didn't see the TV ad, but was told it was very well made and looked promising. I was kind of expecting a TV3 answer to Love/Hate.

The first I knew it was a soap was when the announcer said it just before the show :pac:

Anyway, not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

maximoose wrote: »
    and read they had spent something like €7m on the show (what did they waste that on?!).

7m is for 80 episodes, and more than 100 employees as far as I know. Since a lot of big shows are multi millions per episode you hardly call it extravagant

• Registered Users Posts: 23,885 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

7m is for 80 episodes, and more than 100 employees as far as I know. Since a lot of big shows are multi millions per episode you hardly call it extravagant

When you divide that up it actually looks like Prisoner Cell Block H money.

I wonder is it an Irish 'Blue Heelers' that they are aspiring to? Theres a very Aussie feel to the Red Rock set ups. I used to love that show as a Student when it was on in the afternoons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

This programme has received funding of €800,000 from the BAI Sound & Vison fund. Why does part of the licence fee go towards supporting private commercial broadcasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Cop in the car with schoolgirl was the cop that works with her and was in an interview scene and another scene with the superintendent. He was the older garda.

SweetChaos wrote: »
    A new episode or a repeat?

I have to say I really liked the first episode
    I was hoping to see a preview of the next episode they should have let us know when its on again

Looks like a new episode to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,028 ✭✭✭✭walshb

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Cop in the car with schoolgirl was the cop that works with her and was in an interview scene and another scene with the superintendent. He was the older garda.

Thanks, and is he supposed to be in a relationship with the copper who was watching the CCTV?

BTW, it was a really silly thing for him to do, and wee bit too far fetched. Broad daylight kissing a girl in her school uniform at a petrol station littered with CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Will give it a few more episodes,it wasnt too bad

Did Vinny Kiely borrow the denim jacket from Shakin Stevens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Thanks, and is he supposed to be in a relationship with the copper who was watching the CCTV?

BTW, it was a really silly thing for him to do, and wee bit too far fetched. Broad daylight kissing a girl in her school uniform at a petrol station littered with CCTV.

No, just a colleague I think. Presume this will become apparent very shortly.

I did a poll at work, most people that watch soaps thought it was a step up acting wise, non soap people were more mixed, some said they'd continue to watch it, others said once was enough. But they wouldn’t be the target audience in any event I would imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Looks like a new episode to me.

It's a new episode tonight. I think I'd prefer one 1 hour episode a week than the 2 short ones...

410,800 watched last night

410,800 watched last night

TV3 will be absolutely delighted with that : that's higher than some episodes of Fair City have managed in recent weeks.

• Advertisement

It's a new episode tonight. I think I'd prefer one 1 hour episode a week than the 2 short ones...

If the show was a success, I imagine they would switch to three episodes a week.

Advertisement