Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

The star crossed lovers...where have I heard that before...

Jinx! U got there before me!

Bye Darren!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Watched it, won't be bothering again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

the actor who played Darren Kiely certainly made an impact........... Hollywood? Maybe even Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kneemos wrote: »
    Anybody see anybody smile?

Sounds like it's going to be another misery series like "Fair City" - just how bad was it?

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Anybody see anybody smile?

the oul lad with the schoolgirl was

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Watched it, won't be bothering again

Ah now......Sure it might be better in 2016.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 viperkevin

Needs to be an hour long. Too little happened in the first episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Looks like there's going to be a manslaughter trial after all.

Just as well this soap is signed up for two or three years or we'd never get to see the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Cr*p by any other name.

Absolutely brain d stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭JK82

The title music doesn't match the show. Darren just died... happy harmonica!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Self Defense by the Hennessy chap imvho

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Sounds like it's going to be another misery series like "Fair City" - just how bad was it?

Not terrible,but not really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I didn't think that gob****e Darren Kiely would ever get off the air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

I think the problem in ireland is acting not script writing or production. Not enough talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

A fairly decent 1st episode, did a good job of setting out some of the characters and part of the backstory. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Honestly the only soap we've ever done with smiles and humour along with tragedy and pathos was glenroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Wow :eek: I must be one of the few on here that thought that was a great first episode! Only thing I'm not fond of is the music - just seems wrong to me and old fashioned, doesn't suit the show imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Character name Adrijan Kosos

Full name Garda Adrijan Kosos, I'm not being rascist Joe but I have never come across or heard of an Eastern European Garda, has anyone else? Besides wouldn't the recruitment freeze have been in place when they started robbing all the poor builders jobs

viperkevin wrote: »
    Needs to be an hour long. Too little happened in the first episode.

too heavily focused on production, camera work , location viewing, very little dialogue.

• Advertisement

Full name Garda Adrijan Kosos, I'm not being rascist Joe but I have never come across or heard of an Eastern European Garda, has anyone else? Besides wouldn't the recruitment freeze have been in place when they started robbing all the poor builders jobs

no there definitely is "non-irish national" gardai, but i havent came across any eastern european. that was my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

no there definitely is "non-irish national" gardai, but i havent came across any eastern european. that was my question.

We have now!

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    A fairly decent 1st episode, did a good job of setting out some of the characters and part of the backstory. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

keep us all updated ; )

Yes. There are cops from everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

I liked it
    Interesting to find out the background to the whole feud thing in future episodes
    Its a soap so every episode will end with a 'tune in next time' type finale.

I think people need to give this type of programming time to settle in, but if your not a 'soap' person you probably won't like it or will make a decision before seeing it that you won;t like it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I liked it
    Interesting to find out the background to the whole feud thing in future episodes
    Its a soap so every episode will end with a 'tune in next time' type finale.

I think people need to give this type of programming time to settle in, but if your not a 'soap' person you probably won't like it or will make a decision before seeing it that you won;t like it

:D:D:D

How nice to be stereotyped.....

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Some of the rush by some people to write it off is disappointing. For a first episode I thought they did a good job setting the scene. Everything needs to settle down and in my opinion was well produced, my worry was that it would be bad acting but I thought most of it was promising.

Certainly no worse than any other soap. And I think I will like the garda stories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yes. There are cops from everywhere.

Even womany ones now too.

Dongdong

Wouldn't happen in my da I tell ya. ;)

:D:D:D

How nice to be stereotyped.....

she must be a "Kiely".... they always look down on us on here......

• Advertisement

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Some of the rush by some people to write it off is disappointing. For a first episode I thought they did a good job setting the scene. Everything needs to settle down and in my opinion was well produced, my worry was that it would be bad acting but I thought most of it was promising.

Certainly no worse than any other soap. And I think I will like the garda stories.

its only a bit of craic, the slagging off!! if you look at most soap forums, it is 95% criticism!

Advertisement