Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

its only a bit of craic, the slagging off!! if you look at most soap forums, it is 95% criticism!

:eek:

No-one told me that!!........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

its only a bit of craic, the slagging off!! if you look at most soap forums, it is 95% criticism!

Ok fair point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And 95% is quite a low criticism rate when you look some of the other TV threads.

Not looking at any show in particular.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUoIZ_CTebqOSYopeBqSGoQ20KOlHGCaiM2WG4xDmI5yzWV2_rE_vDaA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

maybe it was all a dream, and Darren Kiely appears up in the shower tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

The worrying thing is, could this make or break TV3?

Having lost other soaps to UTV Ireland they needed to respond.... I don't think this show will be a success.

• Advertisement

something tells me this thread will give the Fair City thread a right run for its money !! My favourite thing about soaps are the boards threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tinker13 wrote: »
    The worrying thing is, could this make or break TV3?

Having lost other soaps to UTV Ireland they needed to respond.... I don't think this show will be a success.

Fair City gets sold all over the world.
    There's definitely a market for crap out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well that was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

kneemos wrote: »

Seriously? Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

kneemos wrote: »

Where else around the world is Fair City broadcast? All I found on Wikipedia was Nothern Ireland and some overspill into the U.K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

maximoose wrote: »
    Well that was brutal.

I don't watch soaps generally but was curious about this one, maybe because I used to watch The Bill. I don't think it is going to be a "the Bill" but I found it better than I expected. I will watch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭George White

I was cringing. The music, I almost felt it was trying to be a bit "oh we can be a bit Ennio Morricone's Once Upon a Time In The West soundtrack, but not too Sergio Leone!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Reminds me of that one season wonder 'deception' on tv3 few years ago!!
    That was brutal.... This is bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I don't watch soaps generally but was curious about this one, maybe because I used to watch The Bill. I don't think it is going to be a "the Bill" but I found it better than I expected. I will watch again.
    that was my feeling too. it was very like the bill. Which for me isn't a bad thing because I loved the bill, so I'll definitely watch again.

That country Garda is the new Reg Hollis

Where else around the world is Fair City broadcast? All I found on Wikipedia was Nothern Ireland and some overspill into the U.K.

Pretty sure it's sold in several countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I think the problem in ireland is acting not script writing or production. Not enough talent.

That's bollocks.

Plenty of great actors in Ireland. The problem is the poor writing/production.

When you have to play two dimensional characters, while spouting dreadful dialogue, in underwritten storylines, in conjunction with uninspired direction, and when you're lucky to get more than 2 takes for a shot, then you won't be surprised to know even the best actors can look awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What was the accent for that young Guard? Is it meant to be Polish? Sounded almost eye-talian.

Tbh, Im enjoying it. Its no single-handed or heartbeat, but its alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think the problem in ireland is acting not script writing or production. Not enough talent.

Ah here.

Gabriel Byrne
    Pierce Brosnan
    Peter O'Toole
    Stuart Townsend
    Saoirse Ronan
    Jonathan Rhys Myers
    Laim Neeson
    Evanna Lynch
    Andrew Scott
    Colin Farrell

To name but a few.

syklops wrote: »
    Ah here.

Gabriel Byrne
    Pierce Brosnan
    Peter O'Toole
    Stuart Townsend
    Saoirse Ronan
    Jonathan Rhys Myers
    Laim Neeson
    Evanna Lynch
    Andrew Scott
    Colin Farrell

To name but a few.

ok, maybe they will sign these 10 actors/actresses for next season. Question is who will be a Kiely and who will be a Hennessy..

Not enough talent does not equate to no talent, which is what the poster was implying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just watched it on the TV3 player and I'd give it a thumbs up and it will be interesting to see how the series develops. Single Handed meets Fair City with a dash of Glenroe. I find the the Gardai far more interesting than the feuding families. 8/10 for the first episode. :D

syklops wrote: »
    Ah here.

Gabriel Byrne
    Pierce Brosnan
    Peter O'Toole
    Stuart Townsend
    Saoirse Ronan
    Jonathan Rhys Myers
    Laim Neeson
    Evanna Lynch
    Andrew Scott
    Colin Farrell

To name but a few.

Stuart Townsend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Am I the only one who thinks 30mins once a week is just too little? People want at least 2x30 minute episodes a week surely?

desbrook wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks 30mins once a week is just too little? People want at least 2x30 minute episodes a week surely?

People will just forget about it.

Quick trivia what other soap had a characters death feature in a first episode and what was the characters name?

they have quickly responded to your concern and have decided to air it twice a week, starting tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Quick trivia what other soap had a characters death feature in a first episode and what was the characters name?

Eastenders but he was already dead AFAIK. Don't know his name.

i know it wasnt the shows first episode but Dan from Fair City seems to have died in his first. No life out of him since

they have quickly responded to your concern and have decided to air it twice a week, starting tomorrow...

Lol - stupid story I read said every weds... Nothing about thurs!!! Very long gap till next one then!!

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Eastenders but he was already dead AFAIK. Don't know his name.

I said the death featured - didn't say he actually died in the episode but yea Eastenders. Character anyone?

Advertisement