Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

By that I presume you mean BT Sports HD and ESPN HD ???
    Yes it does, signed up 10 minutes ago and they are up and running now.
    Setanta sports is SD though not HD.

Brilliant sound good thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I feel we are getting to the point where the title of this thread will start causing confusion for those that do not know the thread is a year old.

I came in here thinking exactly that, tinodz.

Feckers are still Sky only, can't believe it. The UPC package is twice as expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

I tried cancelling and haggling for the new deal but the best I could get was 2 months for 12.99 per month!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I have just got off the phone to them was holding for about 40 mins. Told the customer care operator that I wanted to cancel and was asked why told her I was not paying 21.99 just to watch one game per week. She asked what team I supported and then the usual speall we have a match on this date and you will miss it because you have cancelled, She then offered me 16.99 per month for the next two months I said no and she came back with 12.99 per month for the next two months. I again said no but I had heard about the 99 for the year she said that was only for new customers I told her I had read online that existing customers had got it and that it looked to me it depended on who answered the call if you got it or not. She told me they had been told it was only for new customers but that she would put me on hold and check with her manager I was on hold for a couple of mins and she came back on and gave me the 99 deal. She explained that I would have to pay it all up front today which was not a problem. She also said as I had only paid this week for the next month that she would take the 21.99 off the 99 deal so it would only cost me 77euro. So that's me sorted for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

meolwan wrote: »
    I have just got off the phone to them was holding for about 40 mins. Told the customer care operator that I wanted to cancel and was asked why told her I was not paying 21.99 just to watch one game per week. She asked what team I supported and then the usual speall we have a match on this date and you will miss it because you have cancelled, She then offered me 16.99 per month for the next two months I said no and she came back with 12.99 per month for the next two months. I again said no but I had heard about the 99 for the year she said that was only for new customers I told her I had read online that existing customers had got it and that it looked to me it depended on who answered the call if you got it or not. She told me they had been told it was only for new customers but that she would put me on hold and check with her manager I was on hold for a couple of mins and she came back on and gave me the 99 deal. She explained that I would have to pay it all up front today which was not a problem. She also said as I had only paid this week for the next month that she would take the 21.99 off the 99 deal so it would only cost me 77euro. So that's me sorted for the year.
    I hate you!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

vienne86 wrote: »
    They do a good job on the rugby too.

Ya I wouldn't be big into the Aviva Premiership but would switch on the Aussie Rules/Super 14 early on the morning when on.

Again, for people who haven't signed up, it really is an excellent service. Action over June/July next year might be weak (if you don't like UFC) but it's still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

tinodz wrote: »
    I feel we are getting to the point where the title of this thread will start causing confusion for those that do not know the thread is a year old.

Yep, and others seem to agree and have taken the matter into their own hands here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057332887

also on Bargain Alerts forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe a Mod could change the title of the thread to just Setanta deals and offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

1 euro December offer back on now

Won't let me subscribe because I availed of the offer previously
    💩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I availed of the €99 for the year offer, and last year I got the €1 offer followed by a few months at 9.99 and 12.99. I would never pay the €21.99 because I just wouldn't watch it enough. But if I had paid the full price, I would be sick as a parrot reading this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

1 euro December offer back on now

Won't let me subscribe because I availed of the offer previously
    💩

I used this last year and just aviled of it now. Did it in the wifes name and details after reading your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

racso1975 wrote: »
    I used this last year and just aviled of it now. Did it in the wifes name and details after reading your post.

Was it the same viewing card no?
    Edit, tried your trick, but didn't work, assume it's because the viewing card number is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Take it this offer is with sky only and not with UPC. Anyone know if there any room for bargaining with UPC on price

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Edit, tried your trick, but didn't work, assume it's because the viewing card number is the same.

+ 1

different email etc but same viewing card number so it wouldn't accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,890 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tried it last night (€99 offer) and the viewing card was my downfall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Would it work with multi room viewing card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Any of you think there's a catch with the €99 deal?
    Would their partnership with BT be coming to an end this summer or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

anyway to change viewing card? would sky issue with new number if card is faulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

badker wrote: »
    anyway to change viewing card? would sky issue with new number if card is faulty?

Yes, but you won't have subscription channels until the new card arrives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

mjp wrote: »
    Take it this offer is with sky only and not with UPC. Anyone know if there any room for bargaining with UPC on price

On UPC, you can get the first month for €1 and then it's €16 per month after that (compared to €23 pm on Sky).

The downside of the UPC deal is that you cannot just cancel on 31st December - if you do, they'll charge a €10 downgrade fee.

So if you plan to keep the package for more than a month, then UPC is better value. If you're getting it just because it's €1, then stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

What is setanta cancellation email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

buyer95 wrote: »

Here, it is. "We are sorry to see you go."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

buyer95 wrote: »

Email address given several times on thread.

customerservicesire@setanta.com

Bump..

Rang to cancel today and got €99 for the year offer.

I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Trying to sign up for the €1 deal for the parents. They got it before (last year) and now can't get it again. When going through the subscription it's saying "You have previously activated this offer"

Is this done by Sky Viewing Card number? Tried a couple of different debit cards. If it is to do with the Sky Viewing Card number is there another way around it? Thanks

DJKendo wrote: »
    Trying to sign up for the €1 deal for the parents. They got it before (last year) and now can't get it again. When going through the subscription it's saying "You have previously activated this offer"

Is this done by Sky Viewing Card number? Tried a couple of different debit cards. If it is to do with the Sky Viewing Card number is there another way around it? Thanks

You won't get the deal again with the same viewing card.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I've just rang them and asked them could I be put on the €99 deal or I'd have to cancel. Was told no problem and deducted the remainder of this months €21.99 off it too. Plus my multiroom is included as I have it for free for the duration of the account.
    Saved €177.88

If you don't ask you won't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Rang to cancel the 9.99 deal and got another 2 months at 9.99ea. Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Emailed to cancel, got the two month offer,

But cancelled anyway, as the hassle of contacting them so frequently to avoid a full charge versus the actual about of times i watch it just makes it not worth it.

Advertisement