Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

€22.99 on Fight Pass UFC app.

Of course you get a lot more with 2 months of BT Sports etc but in case you wouldn't watch anything else, that's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Tugboats wrote: »
    No its not. They're just making some money with the McGregor mugs

i wouldn't think so, the thing to do with setanta is to sign up when there is an offer.........................then go ahead with your cancellation and wait for them to ring you with a retention offer before your sub expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Is there any sort of cooling off period with Setanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Can we close this thread given the initial offer is now gone? I keep seeing setanta for a euro and thinking "that's good value" only to see lads talking about UFC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Gotya wrote: »
    Yeah your spot on, was on the phone to them earlier on.

Before I can cancel, I have to be signed up at least three days, then 30 days notice, which means its at least two months subscription.

When only getting it for the fight, its fairly costly, 14.99 + 21.99 = 36.98. But there you are, better make it back with a bet on the night :)

**** that then, fightpass and chromecast it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I was considering getting setanta this weekend for a month but I think I have missed the €14.99 deal? Any other deals going?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Can we close this thread given the initial offer is now gone? I keep seeing setanta for a euro and thinking "that's good value" only to see lads talking about UFC!

Well there were a couple of efforts to start new threads about Setanta offers, but they didn't last - people (including me) keep coming back to this thread.....when I see someone has posted, I always check this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Is there any good offers with Setanta that include BT Sport?

Wouldn't pay anymore than the €14.99 already mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Is there any good offers with Setanta that include BT Sport?

Wouldn't pay anymore than the €14.99 already mentioned.

Looks like its €1 a month for your first month again, €22 a month after that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Looks like its €1 a month for your first month again, €22 a month after that
    €22 a month if you agree to a 12 month contract otherwise its €25 a month without a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm hoping they offer me another year for 99euro when the 12 months is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

I've been on the 9.99 deal for well over a year, rang today and best offer was 12.99 for the next 2 months, took it of course and hopefully there might be a better offer when that runs out.

Do yyou think if you had hung on they would of rung you with 9.99. Ringing them on Monday

I'm on the €99 for 12 months deal. I'm actually finding I am not watching BT a lot, so it will take something very attractive to make me stay on when my deal runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

kooga wrote: »
    Do yyou think if you had hung on they would of rung you with 9.99. Ringing them on Monday

Maybe, but every time I rang before I was offered the 9.99 deal I never had to haggle. I had been told back in June that this offer would be gone, so was expecting it to be higher than 12.99, so maybe that's why I accepted it. Be interesting to see how you get on!

ok made the call, and as above was offered €12.99 a month for two months. I went ahead with the cancellation more out of curiosity to see will i get an outbound offer call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

ok made the call, and as above was offered €12.99 a month for two months. I went ahead with the cancellation more out of curiosity to see will i get an outbound offer call.

they'll ring in about 3 weeks,
    got 9.99 for 2 months

Surprised to hear that. Its a one year contract so I presumed it would just end once we reach November.

Someone has pointed out on another thread that if you paid by credit card for the one year's subscription up front (99 Euro), they can't charge your credit card for a monthly rental now. Sounds logical enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Guys, would someone remind me again please as to what is the story when the year for €100 is up.
    Does it just run out automatically or must I phone them up?

Also, has anyone got a good deal or offer lately?

blade1 wrote: »
    Guys, would someone remind me again please as to what is the story when the year for €100 is up.

my advice would be to put in a call to clarify and depending on what you wish to do they may offer you a retention deal

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »

I have a note on the calendar to ring them, but as I paid with a credit card (and I think we all did), they won't be able to start taking a monthly subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The €99 deals expires automatically with no automatic renewal. I posted in this thread when I took up the deal which was on 27 November and falls on a Friday this year. I would definitely sign up again for the same price or even another €20/€30...

tallpaul wrote: »
    The €99 deals expires automatically with no automatic renewal. I posted in this thread when I took up the deal which was on 27 November and falls on a Friday this year. I would definitely sign up again for the same price or even another €20/€30...

let us know if ya get a deal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I would also.

I like their extensive champions league coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

champions league coverage.

for this reason i dont think there will anything like the offer last year :( but fingers crossed

I believe you are right. I did mine on line, but a friend of mine did it over the phone and asked specifically about this, and was told that it would expire automatically, just as you say.

Don't think I would renew, even at €99. I only watched a few rugby matches, and can manage without this subscription.....but we'll see if there is another offer.

Well if anyone does give them a call, would you post the response here please?

On 9.99 a month got offered 12.99 a month for two months.

On 9.99 a month got offered 12.99 a month for two months.

got the same the last 2 months

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    got the same the last 2 months

Did you take it don't think I will get it at 9.99

Advertisement