Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

TheDoc wrote: »
    They have exclusive rights to the champions league, so not surprised they are hiking their prices.

Streaming for me this season

That shouldn't effect Setanta's prices here too much since we get TV3 and RTE. I expect the 12.99 deal to return at the start of the new season. At a push, it will be 14.99. I cannot see Setanta getting the subscriptions rates to survive if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

The BT, ESPN, Setanta offer that popped up last November was unbeatable. €99 for 12 months Subscription. Paid up front. It makes for a great xmas present too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Been in 12.99 since December took my eye off the ball last month and went back to 21.99 for a month rang them there and no issues putting me back on 12.99 he said its still available

If 99 offer or something close comes up again for 12 months I'll be taking them up on it this ringing every 2 months is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

The BT, ESPN, Setanta offer that popped up last November was unbeatable. €99 for 12 months Subscription. Paid up front. It makes for a great xmas present too.

I gave that offer. I wonder will they contact me when it expires?

I don't have any contract with them other than that one year once off offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

kooga wrote: »
    the five euro a month offer seems to be still up for june and july

if you type five into the promo code

I can't get this to work, it would be perfect for the McGregor fight too.

I'm getting -

Sorry, we were unable to process your order. The payment was not authorised by your bank. Please try again with another card or call us on 0818 271 400 (NI Customers 0871 277 03 95) for assistance.
    If you have any queries, please contact us.

Anyone get that to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i think they're having an offer next week, mon-thur, for the McGregor fight.
    pretty sure that what it means anyway

https://twitter.com/SetantaSports/status/616948342527016960

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I gave that offer. I wonder will they contact me when it expires?

I don't have any contract with them other than that one year once off offer

I took that offer too and understood at the time that there is no need to cancel....it would just die....which is one of the reasons I took it. It'll be interesting to see if we hear from them when it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭blade1

vienne86 wrote: »
    I took that offer too and understood at the time that there is no need to cancel....it would just die....which is one of the reasons I took it. It'll be interesting to see if we hear from them when it expires.

I have that aswell and as far as I recall I think the women on the phone told me at the time to ring up 30 days before it expires or you will get charged for a new month at full price.
    I put a reminder in my phone so just be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

blade1 wrote: »
    I have that aswell and as far as I recall I think the women on the phone told me at the time to ring up 30 days before it expires or you will get charged for a new month at full price.
    I put a reminder in my phone so just be careful.

Surprised to hear that. Its a one year contract so I presumed it would just end once we reach November.

Surprised to hear that. Its a one year contract so I presumed it would just end once we reach November.

I think it's the same as their one,two and three month special offers.
    If you ask them they will tell you to cancel 30 days before the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

You will need to cancel 30 days before it ends or you will get caught for a month at full whack

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The €99 deal was a once off and does not renew automatically.

Terms and Conditions of the €99 Offer.
    Service billed at €99 for one year. This is a one off payment, the service will be switched off and will not renew after this period. Offer available on satellite only. Offer not available for current customers. Full terms and conditions of the Setanta Sports service are available here.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/terms-and-conditions-99-offer/

The €99 deal was a once off and does not renew automatically.

Terms and Conditions of the €99 Offer.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/terms-and-conditions-99-offer/

Thanks for this. I seem to remember someone posting at the time that they had spoken to someone in Setanta who said exactly this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

The ufc offer is one month for 14.99 that's it. Subscribe before Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

Hi. Got setanta through sky to watch the Conor mcgregor fight.can anyone tell me what no. Channel on sky will this be on and what time is the fight on sat night sun morning . Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I was definitely told it would die on new years eve.was talking to the guy for ages as there was nobody calling. Must have thought they were closed. Said it was up to me to call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I was definitely told it would die on new years eve.was talking to the guy for ages as there was nobody calling. Must have thought they were closed. Said it was up to me to call

http://bfy.tw/gBb

amber2 wrote: »
    Hi. Got setanta through sky to watch the Conor mcgregor fight.can anyone tell me what no. Channel on sky will this be on and what time is the fight on sat night sun morning . Thanks.

Bt sports 2 hd channel 417 or if you don't have a hd box it channel 457.
    Ufc 189 it starting at 1.00am with coverage of McGregor v Mendes starting at 3.00.
    It could be around 4.00 by the time the fight starts but will depend on various things beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

Bt sports 2 hd channel 417 or if you don't have a hd box it channel 457.
    Ufc 189 it starting at 1.00am with coverage of McGregor v Mendes starting at 3.00.
    It could be around 4.00 by the time the fight starts but will depend on various things beforehand.

Nice 1, thanks blade.

amber2 wrote: »
    Nice 1, thanks blade.

Actually now that I think about it, if you don't have hd, it will probably be channel 417 anyway!

• Advertisement

Actually now that I think about it, if you don't have hd, it will probably be channel 417 anyway!

I have the Setanta package via my Sky box. I don't have HD with Sky, but I get BT in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

??

That poster I reckon was replying to the post above the one he quoted I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stan smith

Anyone know if there is any special offers coming up soon for setanta/BT etc?for new customer?have sky sports but its fupping awful at no???

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

What's the best way to cancel when subscribing just for the ufc Saturday night?

Is it 30 day cancellation notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gotya wrote: »
    What's the best way to cancel when subscribing just for the ufc Saturday night?

Is it 30 day cancellation notice?
    The 30 days notice kicks in after your next billing date so be careful with the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

To be honest the ufc fight is going to cost 2 months sub 14.99 and 21.99 it's a minimum 2 month subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

kooga wrote: »
    To be honest the ufc fight is going to cost 2 months sub 14.99 and 21.99 it's a minimum 2 month subscription

Yeah your spot on, was on the phone to them earlier on.

Before I can cancel, I have to be signed up at least three days, then 30 days notice, which means its at least two months subscription.

When only getting it for the fight, its fairly costly, 14.99 + 21.99 = 36.98. But there you are, better make it back with a bet on the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Looks like the days of €9.99 a month are at an end.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Looks like the days of €9.99 a month are at an end.

No its not. They're just making some money with the McGregor mugs

Advertisement