Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

P_Cash wrote: »
    Emailed to cancel, got the two month offer,

But cancelled anyway, as the hassle of contacting them so frequently to avoid a full charge versus the actual about of times i watch it just makes it not worth it.

if u don't watch the channel why get it in? and cant see how an email or phone call once in 2-3 months is much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I got the 2 month offer on the 8/11/2014. Do I have to give 1 months notice to cancel this or do I just cancel today to cancel the subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I got the 2 month offer on the 8/11/2014. Do I have to give 1 months notice to cancel this or do I just cancel today to cancel the subscription?

Months notice. Hence hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

had the €1 deal in december and when cancelling could not get them to offer the €99 per year deal ( would only offer me €200 ), got an email today saying they are now offering 3 months at €9.99 so got that. Not bad to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I was emailed a link for €9.99 per month for 3 months. For those who missed out on the €99 per year deal this could be useful.

http://bit.ly/1Dt1msr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I was emailed a link for €9.99 per month for 3 months. For those who missed out on the €99 per year deal this could be useful.

Could i cancel in the 3rd month or do i have to keep it for the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Could i cancel in the 3rd month or do i have to keep it for the year?

I'm not sure, it didn't say in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Forgot to cancel in time. Got hit for an extra 22 quid. Sickened. Now I see the 3 months offer.

Also I asked the rep if I could sign up for 99e for the year and get the 22euro deducted. He said no to either possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

A lot of us got that deal last year, followed by a couple of months at 12.99 when we rang to cancel the 9.99 deal. I then left it until the 99 for 12 months deal came up in November. Maybe the same will happen this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Forgot to cancel in time. Got hit for an extra 22 quid. Sickened. Now I see the 3 months offer.

Also I asked the rep if I could sign up for 99e for the year and get the 22euro deducted. He said no to either possibilities.

Did they give you the 3 Months at 9.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im just after sending off an email cancelling my sub as its coming to an end next month. Had it for €9.99 so will have to see if they come back with another offer. Im not that pushed if they dont.

I wonder how many people, individual punters as opposed to pubs/clubs etc., actually pay the full whack for this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I tried signing up for this deal with that link, but it keeps taking me to an error page - has this happened for anyone else? I'll just have to give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Schorpio wrote: »
    I tried signing up for this deal with that link, but it keeps taking me to an error page - has this happened for anyone else? I'll just have to give them a call.
    Works fine for me but here's another link you could try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I tried to cancel but was told I can't as I am tied in to a minimum two months. Said I thought it was a euro for a month, guess it's not after all, should have read up more about it.

So instead of paying €1 I'll have to pay €45? That seems awful harsh to me. So as it stands now the subscription isn't cancelled as I refuse to pay for the extra 2 months. Are they just gonna keep billing me at this stage until I owe them a few hundred for a service I don't want???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I tried to cancel but was told I can't as I am tied in to a minimum two months. Said I thought it was a euro for a month, guess it's not after all, should have read up more about it.

So instead of paying €1 I'll have to pay €45? That seems awful harsh to me. So as it stands now the subscription isn't cancelled as I refuse to pay for the extra 2 months. Are they just gonna keep billing me at this stage until I owe them a few hundred for a service I don't want???

When did you try to cancel ? Before the end of December deadline ?
    I signed up in December for the 1 euro trial, cancelled day before new years eve, no problem at all .Good bargain for the month for 1 euro.
    If you didn't cancel before the deadline, then they have you for a full month extra subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

andrew1977 wrote: »
    When did you try to cancel ? Before the end of December deadline ?
    I signed up in December for the 1 euro trial, cancelled day before new years eve, no problem at all .Good bargain for the month for 1 euro.
    If you didn't cancel before the deadline, then they have you for a full month extra subscription.

Only tried to cancel yesterday, as that was within the 30 days I signed up for and thought that was what the €1 would cover. Now they tell me I'm signed up for a minimum of two months because I didn't read the T&C's properly.

Seems like a very harsh penalty to me, thought I signed up for a euro, now I owe them 45 and they won't cancel my subscription unless that money is cleared first. Never heard of a company refusing you to cancel a subscription before. Quite annoyed with them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only tried to cancel yesterday, as that was within the 30 days I signed up for and thought that was what the €1 would cover. Now they tell me I'm signed up for a minimum of two months because I didn't read the T&C's properly.

Seems like a very harsh penalty to me, thought I signed up for a euro, now I owe them 45 and they won't cancel my subscription unless that money is cleared first. Never heard of a company refusing you to cancel a subscription before. Quite annoyed with them to be honest.

Did you sign up for the €1 deal last year?

If you did you couldn't sign up for it again. It was one time deal.

Did they charge you a €1 when you signed up or the full price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seems like you signed up to the normal package and thought it was the €1 deal.
    Also since the €1 deal ended on the 31st of December you would have been charged an extra €22 anyway for canceling late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

They have you on the terms and conditions alright as it did say it had to be cancelled latest midnight new years eve or you would be charged a full months price.
    I know people who signed up over the Christmas period for the December 1euro over,but got it cancelled on new years eve so they didn't get stung.
    The offer could be taken early december or late December for 1euro,it expired new years,be it 30 days viewing you got or 1day during December.
    Still poor customer service and attitude to you as potential customer.They could have made some offer or compromise to you.Ring them back and ask to speak to a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

muffler wrote: »
    Works fine for me but here's another link you could try

same error message, anyone got any fresh links?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Email the cancellation to them. You might get lucky and have someone different than those in the call centre dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Had the €1 offer for December and cancelled.
    Got a call today offering me BT for €10 a month for the next 3 months
    with Free Multi room if I had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is there any deals available for BT coming up to the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is there any deals available for BT coming up to the new season.

rang today, no offers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

GY A1 wrote: »
    rang today, no offers

And it looks likely that there wont be. BT are hiking up their prices in UK so its unlikely they will give Setanta much leeway.

I would only take Setanta with an offer, as I'm not really getting to watch it much - I got it for the rugby, but I'm not keen on their style of coverage. But that's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

the five euro a month offer seems to be still up for june and july

if you type five into the promo code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And it looks likely that there wont be. BT are hiking up their prices in UK so its unlikely they will give Setanta much leeway.

They have exclusive rights to the champions league, so not surprised they are hiking their prices.

Streaming for me this season

Advertisement