Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Okay there Grand Wizard, it's getting dark now time for you to get white robe & hood on & start burning some crosses & let all your anger at the whiteman's burden come out.
    It's a good thing for you that you're hiding behind a handle, beacuse (as scurrilous lies go) I'm pretty sure would be legally actionable in a different time and place.

Let me be absolutely clear about one thing - since your remarks leave some doubt - my opinions on these cases have nothing to do with the skin colour of the participants.

Start by looking at the victims in both cases - in Ferguson, the initial victim was an Indian-American. Couldn't get any less white than that. As BTW were the owners of lots of other businesses that were destoryed in the rioting. Why would a white racist (like what you accuse me of) care about an incident that started a crime between two dark skinned people? Why would the officer have cared either, if he were really the racist murderer you've painted him as?

Same for the cops in New York, one was Latino, the other Chinese-American. Why would a Klansman care about non-whites in the police?

Were the shoe on the other foot, i.e. if Michael Brown were a white thug that had robbed the Indians' store and then was killed after he attacked a black policeman, I would feel the same way about his death. To be clear, I'm not happy he's dead (a person has to be much more evil that their death enriches the world, Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden) but I don't think it was an injustice either.

Likewise the murdered cops in New York, say both of them were black and they'd been murdered by a white racist, and this had occurred in the context of months of widespread race baiting by actual Klansmen. I would consider it foolish to divorce this act from its context.

it just makes you as bad as them. being happy someone is dead is not a nice quality in a person. it just makes one sound like they have low to no morals
    Are you not happy that Osama Bin Laden is dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SeanW wrote: »
    Are you not happy that Osama Bin Laden is dead?
    no . i wanted to see him on trial and the americans have to actually prove their case and put the evidence to a proper legitimate court. the fact that hasn't and can't happen is an injustice.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Noobascious

Pity they weren't actual white cops working in the Bronx. As someone else said Osama and hitler were totally to blame for all that happened they had no supporters whatsoever. Maybe when we realise this we can rip out the nukes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

it just makes you as bad as them. being happy someone is dead is not a nice quality in a person. it just makes one sound like they have low to no morals

Why should I care if some scumbag dies, especially if its through his own stupidity?

You talk about compassion, man you wouldn't give two ****s if Brown was killed by a black policeman or if he was white.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Like the bare faced lies from the woman who claimed to have seen the whole thing, gone on record numerous times, and probably paid a part in the final verdict but was found out to be lying and racist? Google Sandy McElroy.

stick with the physical evidence (ballistics) so, ignore the nutjobs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Why should I care if some scumbag dies, especially if its through his own stupidity?

You talk about compassion, man you wouldn't give two ****s if Brown was killed by a black policeman or if he was white.
    yes i would

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

The biggest problem is the gun culture that exists in the United States. It is so easy to get a gun, every criminal is automatically assumed to be armed by the police, every criminal knows the police are armed, etc. The cycle continues.

Until the gun culture changes, stories and incidents like this one will continue and on and on and on until the end of time. And to be honest, I think the USA is too far gone now for any real change in the gun culture to happen, unfortunately.

They have more guns per capita in Switzerland, yet they don't have such a problem with violence.
    yes i would
    Then among people with your view, you would be in the minority. The protests over MB were almost universally race-based.

SeanW wrote: »
    They have more guns per capita in Switzerland, yet they don't have such a problem with violence.

Plus, Canada has a huge rate of gun ownership as well. Don't know what it is per capita, but even my own relations have rifles, shotguns and pistols all in their houses and use them quite a lot. But yet, Canada doesn't have nearly as much violence or gun crime as the States does.

I really don't think anyone can explain why, when other countries have huge gun ownerships, that the United States is so special when it comes to gun crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

There's been studies done showing a correlation between economically and racially unequal societies and violence, suicide, etc. I don't know how robust the idea is but I wouldn't be surprised if America's problems derive from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I guess so. Whitey be making the brothers smoke da rock and all that.

Well, funny you say that actually.... http://www.justice.gov/oig/special/9712/ch01p1.htm
    wrote:
    At times, the Mercury News sent conflicting messages that confounded attempts to correct misconceptions about the article. While the newspaper was disavowing allegations of CIA involvement in the spread of crack, the articles' author was making public comments to the contrary. In an article entitled, "The CIA-crack connection: The story nobody wants to hear: Your worst fears are true -- the CIA did help to smuggle drugs into American ghettos, says an investigative reporter," Webb was asked whether his story had confirmed the suspicion within the black community "that the crack cocaine epidemic might be part of a government conspiracy." He replied:
    It confirms the suspicion that government agents were involved. Clearly, when you're talking about drug dealers meeting with CIA agents it does go a long way toward validating this suspicion. There's a grain of truth to any conspiracy theory and it turns out there are a lot of grains of truth to this one. If you want to stretch it to its logical conclusion, the government was involved in starting the crack epidemic, because it was this pipeline that did it. Now we know what we didn't know in the '80's -- which is where they were selling the stuff. We were able to close the circle and show how this affected American citizens, whereas before it was some sort of nebulous foreign policy story. Now we can see the damage. Whether or not these guys were part of our government or just contract agents is unclear.
    Further, the newspaper itself was sending mixed messages. An August 21, 1996, Mercury News editorial supported claims of CIA or United States government involvement. The editorial, entitled "Another CIA disgrace: Helping the crack flow," stated:
    It's impossible to believe that the Central Intelligence Agency didn't know about the Contras' fund-raising activities in Los Angeles, considering that the agency was bankrolling, recruiting and essentially running the Contra operation. The CIA has a long history of embarrassing the country it is supposed to work for, from the Bay of Pigs in Cuba to the jungles of Vietnam. But no action that we know of can compare to the agency's complicity, however tacit, in the drug trade that devastated whole communities in our own country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Amazing how many ppl just ignored the fact that the shooter had shot his ex girlfriend in the stomach earlier that day.

True, yet was coherent and rational enough to travel from Maryland to Brooklyn in New York, to the area where there were very large anti NYPD protests.. where he then executed two police officers.

NY Mayor grows a pair and calls for anti police protests to be suspended in the wake of two policemen getting shot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/nyregion/mayor-bill-de-blasio-nypd-officers-shooting.html?_r=0

A little too late though. This is what happens when you elect a SJW into office where real decisions and actions have very real consequences.

jank wrote: »
    NY Mayor grows a pair and calls for anti police protests to be suspended in the wake of two policemen getting shot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/nyregion/mayor-bill-de-blasio-nypd-officers-shooting.html?_r=0

A little too late though. This is what happens when you elect a SJW into office where real decisions and actions have very real consequences.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an "SJW"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Social Justice Warrior. Its usually applied as a negative.

JaseHeath wrote: »

'Social justice warrior'. It's one of the many American imports used by young right-wingers on Boards these days. It's cringe-worthy and vapid.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

This kind of revenge and vigilantism has one source and one source only. If American police continue to kill unarmed civilians with impunity and if they continue to persecute specifically those of colour then eventually this will happen and it will happen more frequently.
    It's a very simple fact.

It doesn't take mental brilliance to figure it out. The British Army moved into Northern Ireland to allegedly keep the peace and were welcomed. After a while their heavy tactics and persecution quickly led to killings of police and soldiers.
    American cops don't listen to anyone anymore, they just beat or shoot, and they're going to reap a whirlwind.

'Social justice warrior'. It's one of the many American imports used by young right-wingers on Boards these days. It's cringe-worthy and vapid.

Young?

Young?

I wasn't describing you personally. I'm laughing at conservative Irish people who pick up and use abbreviations like sjw or 'libtards' or 'feminazis'. You can almost picture them reading right-wing news sources, listening to extreme pundits and parroting American right-wing ideas. It tends to be impressionable, angry and young people who are attracted to that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

Egginacup wrote: »
    This kind of revenge and vigilantism has one source and one source only. If American police continue to kill unarmed civilians with impunity and if they continue to persecute specifically those of colour then eventually this will happen and it will happen more frequently.
    It's a very simple fact.

The fact is that people are many many many times more likely to be shot by someone else than a police officer. If you are a black male, there is no comparison if you look at the raw data. The narrative that police officers are going off into neighborhoods looking to kill some people is just bunk. They would not be in those neighborhoods anyway if there was not such a high crime rate. You can continue to spew your hate.

Anything to do with America you jump in and troll the topic away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Egginacup wrote: »
    It's a very simple fact.

It doesn't take mental brilliance to figure it out. The British Army moved into Northern Ireland to allegedly keep the peace and were welcomed. After a while their heavy tactics and persecution quickly led to killings of police and soldiers.
    American cops don't listen to anyone anymore, they just beat or shoot, and they're going to reap a whirlwind.

That is just fantasy land stuff. Worse, it gives some sort of credibility to the shooter when he was just a murderous thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

JaseHeath wrote: »

"Social Justice Warrior".
    It's basically a redundant term that racists, misogynists, fascists, conservative right wing loons and trolls attach to anyone who doesn't see the world from an imperialistic neo-liberal perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So does anyone actually know why african americans in the US are more likely to be involved in crime and more likely to end up in prison than white people are?

I wasn't describing you personally. I'm laughing at conservative Irish people who pick up and use abbreviations like sjw or 'libtards' or 'feminazis'. You can almost picture them reading right-wing news sources, listening to extreme pundits and parroting American right-wing ideas. It tends to be impressionable, angry and young people who are attracted to that kind of thing.

These are all ad-hominem's in fairness and I see you did not even comment on the article I posted or even on De Blassio himself. Do you not think he is responsible at all for given men like Al Sharpton legitimacy? Gullinao and Bloomberg have stated they would have never met the man due to his history of racial bating and fanning the hot-tinders into flames. Now its all crocodile tears after the fact.

De Blassio has a long history of being a SJW, I am sorry if this hurts your feelings. For instance, telling his mixed race son to be fearful of the police and the publicly confirming this was highly irresponsible. He basically threw the police under a bus. The guy is a joke, NY has had two good mayors, I suppose they need one bad one to make up for it, hopefully they kick this bum out and replace him with someone more competent.

It's basically a redundant term that racists, misogynists, fascists, conservative right wing loons and trolls attach to anyone who doesn't see the world from an imperialistic neo-liberal perspective.

Imperialistic and neo-liberal....lol. :pac:

Sand wrote: »
    That is just fantasy land stuff. Worse, it gives some sort of credibility to the shooter when he was just a murderous thug.

No, it addresses the reality.
    The American police forces are made up, disproportionately, of ex-military personal. These people are thought throughout their military careers serving in the developing world as part of the US's empire projection that they are unanswerable to the public and should shoot first ask questions later.
    As a result they apply the same mentality to their work as police officers which results in things like unarmed teenagers being shot 12 times and innocent men being choked to death in broad daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

surely a pisstake...

Imperialistic and neo-liberal....lol. :pac:

You'd nearly think that imperialism was a branch of neo liberal theory... Well if you'd actually studied geopolitical theory you might...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

True, yet was coherent and rational enough to travel from Maryland to Brooklyn in New York, to the area where there were very large anti NYPD protests.. where he then executed two police officers.

But still unhinged.
    It's disgusting that ppl are trying to link this man's actions to the protesters, de blasio and sharpton

Advertisement