Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Egginacup wrote: »
    Cop gets shot and killed. That's his job.
    Soldier gets shot and killed or maimed ot mutilated. That's his job.

Why the outrage and fury?
    It's his job to get shot and killed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

coalburner wrote: »
    Where was the outcry for micheal brown

how dare you compare two innocent working men to a criminal who attacked police .

Its that sort of pathetic attitude that has us trapped in this ridiculous political correct mire that forgives criminals for their actions time and time again.
    It might be better if criminals paid for their crimes rather than pandering to the predators among us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ye wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IsaacWunder

Soldier gets shot and killed or maimed ot mutilated. That's his job.

Why the outrage and fury?

The cops got shot and killed while doing their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

If only the Catholic communities in the North reformed their culture of violence and poverty before violence broke out...

Actually thats a revealing post in a way you probably didn't mean.
    Once institutional barriers were removed Northern Catholics placed a very high emphasis on education compared to the working class unionist community

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Actually thats a revealing post in a way you probably didn't mean.
    Once institutional barriers were removed Northern Catholics placed a very high emphasis on education compared to the working class unionist community

So do you believe that there's insignificant or no institutional barriers challenging the African American community from achieving equality in education, wealth, etc in the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

So do you believe that there's insignificant or no institutional barriers challenging the African American community from achieving equality in education, wealth, etc in the US?

No I believe there is NI benefitted from an actual welfare state, but its an interesting but rather meaningless social comparison, the people that shoot cops in the north also shoot drug dealers in their community the anti-heroes in post 1980's african american culture appear to be drug dealers to their own community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

bjork wrote: »
    'Merica - Can't go a day without hearing this type of thing. God Bless America

+1

#MURICA!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Putinovsky wrote: »
    The usual suspects with the same agendas. They're trying their best to turn After Hours into a Stormfront type forum for them to soap box their racist views.

Lol. Why don't you report those you disagree with to the guards if there so evil and racist?

Putinovsky wrote: »
    The usual suspects with the same agendas. They're trying their best to turn After Hours into a Stormfront type forum for them to soap box their racist views.

Lol. Why don't you report those you disagree with to the guards if they're so evil and racist?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

The cops got shot and killed while doing their jobs.

You're correct.
    A bouncer gets punched while doing his job.
    A soldier gets killed whilst doing his job.
    A policeman gets killed whilst do his job.

These jobs entail violence and getting killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You're correct.
    A bouncer gets punched while doing his job.
    A soldier gets killed whilst doing his job.
    A policeman gets killed whilst do his job.

Aren't you a caring individual. Building materials collapse on builder? Just doing his job. Doctor gets disease and dies? ****er deserved it for going near those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Entering a pub means running the the not improbable risk of getting lamped on the head by a random drunk.

If I smacked you in the gob on a night out would you react 'Gee golly whiz, I should have known not to go into a pub. My fault.' ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Does he? I'm not aware of that.

If he is, he's doing a massive disservice to black Americans.

Sh*t! I hate posting many pages later...

Oh he sure does! He spoke at some Black Conference-thingy a few months ago and the change in demeanour, language and posture was incredible...

Wouldn't it be a disservice to all American's and not just the black ones? That's a very racist sentiment...:eek:

mynamejeff wrote: »
    how dare you compare two innocent working men to a criminal who attacked police .

Its that sort of pathetic attitude that has us trapped in this ridiculous political correct mire that forgives criminals for their actions time and time again.
    It might be better if criminals paid for their crimes rather than pandering to the predators among us.

So paying for a crime in your world is to be executed without even an arrest, charge or conviction like Brown was? And before you bang on about how the cop feared for his life and Brown was trying to take his gun and kill him, be aware that that is just the word of the cop while other eyewitnesses have been ignored or even threatened. Brown was shot twice in the top of the head. .... he was "finished off" by a sick sadistic coward.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Entering a pub means running the the not improbable risk of getting lamped on the head by a random drunk.

If I smacked you in the gob on a night out would you react 'Gee golly whiz, I should have known not to go into a pub. My fault.' ???

There's a big difference between being a victim of violence when performing a military style occupation and being a victim of random civilian violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

So paying for a crime in your world is to be executed without even an arrest, charge or conviction like Brown was? And before you bang on about how the cop feared for his life and Brown was trying to take his gun and kill him, be aware that that is just the word of the cop while other eyewitnesses have been ignored or even threatened. Brown was shot twice in the top of the head. .... he was "finished off" by a sick sadistic coward.
    Other eyewitnesses said he was shot in the back which turned out to be bare faced lies but don't let the real facts get in the way of your prejudice's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

the facts of that case are fairly well known at this stage i you chose to ignore that's your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Robroy36 wrote: »
    Black communities need to reform first, once that happens the police won't need to reform.
    the police do need to reform. suggesting they don't have a problem is deluded bull****. believe it or not sometimes the police are wrong

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

mynamejeff wrote: »

he didn't "attack" cops. it was a little bit of rough play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

tipptom wrote: »
    Other eyewitnesses said he was shot in the back which turned out to be bare faced lies but don't let the real facts get in the way of your prejudice's.

Like the bare faced lies from the woman who claimed to have seen the whole thing, gone on record numerous times, and probably paid a part in the final verdict but was found out to be lying and racist? Google Sandy McElroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

the police do need to reform. suggesting they don't have a problem is deluded bull****. believe it or not sometimes the police are wrong

Or from your point of view- they're always wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Rough play is what you do with your friends, not the police after you commit a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Ah sure, the poor lad was just having a bit of fun, "playing" with the cop, reaching for his gun, all this after robbing a shop and assaulting the owner, and sauntering down the middle of the road being a danger to himself and others in traffic.

Yeah, MB sure sounds like a martyred saint to me :rolleyes: it's almost like ... certain people ... are never at fault for anything they do, according to you.

Strider wrote: »
    Or from your point of view- they're always wrong.
    no . when i believe they are right i will say so. when not i will say so. as opposed to you and others idea that they are always right and must never be questioned or told they are wrong

SeanW wrote: »
    Ah sure, the poor lad was just having a bit of fun, "playing" with the cop, reaching for his gun, all this after robbing a shop and assaulting the owner, and sauntering down the middle of the road being a danger to himself and others in traffic.

Yeah, MB sure sounds like a martyred saint to me :rolleyes: it's almost like ... certain people ... are never at fault for anything they do, according to you.

It's interesting how right-wingers alway show such deeply heartfelt emotion for the deaths of policemen, but can't even begin to express regret or sadness or even a shred of empathy for the families of young black men shot, strangled, beaten or burnt to death by the authorities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

SeanW wrote: »

Okay there Grand Wizard, it's getting dark now time for you to get white robe & hood on & start burning some crosses & let all your anger at the whiteman's burden come out.

Okay there Grand Wizard, it's getting dark now time for you to get white robe & hood on & start burning some crosses & let all your anger at the whiteman's burden come out.

How does not having sympathy for Mike Brown make you a member of the Klan. I'm happy when white scumbags die, does that mean I hate whites?

How does not having sympathy for Mike Brown make you a member of the Klan. I'm happy when white scumbags die, does that mean I hate whites?
    I guess so. Whitey be making the brothers smoke da rock and all that.

I hate it when people shout 'racism' just because some of us want to imitate, for comedic purposes, the supposed speaking characteristics and stereotypes of black people.

• Advertisement

it just makes you as bad as them. being happy someone is dead is not a nice quality in a person. it just makes one sound like they have low to no morals

Advertisement