Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

and one in Florida

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This fills me with dread, both for copycat cop killers and for heavy handed police retaliation from the small percentage of thugs in uniform. An all out race battle is only going to make things a thousand times worse for black men over there.

Obviously not condoning this, but a race battle (or even just civilians vs police battle) like you describe might wake American politicians up to the fact that their overly militarized SWAT police force is fast becoming almost universally despised by ordinary people and that some serious changes to the law are required to fix the problem.

The fact that those cops in Fullerton got off without convictions after tazering that poor homeless guy to death should have woken up the lawmakers and I was genuinely shocked that there was almost no reaction from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

As sad a story as this is, with the sh*t the police have been getting away with there without so much as a proper enquiry (and I don't mean these two cops or the majority by any means, just to be clear) this is unfortunately not even remotely surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

SeanW wrote: »
    Some of us might take your boneheaded leftism a little more seriously if you didn't use the name of a warmongering mass-murderer like Russia's current Commissar.

That's Vladimir Putin not Putinovsky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A lot of the blacks in America have one massive chip on there shoulder reinforced by there rap music.
    Guess what no one gives a hoot, get the hell over it and get on with live without
    always playing the victim and race card.
    no they won't "get over it" they have been and continue to be treated like ****. they are victims, and they aren't playing the race card, as no race card exists to play. racism is still rife over in america.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

He's right though it is time to stop playing the race and victim card. They'd had positive discrimination for 60 years now, time to stop killing each other and get on with it.
    no race and victim card exists to play. they are victims and racism is rife. no they won't "get on with it" they are right to keep hi-lighting the issues. only certain types call serious issues a "whatever card"

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

no they won't "get over it" they have been and continue to be treated like ****. they are victims, and they aren't playing the race card, as no race card exists to play. racism is still rife over in america.

Then why do Black immigrants do much better than native black people?
    Why do 2nd generation black immigrants do much better?
    Why do Asians do much better?
    Why do Latinos do much better?

This is more than simply just racism its more about cultural attitudes to education.

P.S. I am NOT saying racism is not a factor but it is less than people on here attribute to it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Obviously not condoning this, but a race battle (or even just civilians vs police battle) like you describe might wake American politicians up to the fact that their overly militarized SWAT police force is fast becoming almost universally despised by ordinary people and that some serious changes to the law are required to fix the problem.

Your definition of "universally" and mine do not seem to match.
    The fact that those cops in Fullerton got off without convictions after tazering that poor homeless guy to death should have woken up the lawmakers and I was genuinely shocked that there was almost no reaction from them.

That one went to trial and a jury acquitted them. One of two things happened. Either there was additional evidence outside of the video which the jurors took into account, or the jury simply were wrong. If the latter, it's the cost of having a jury trial. As the judge told me when I was up for jury duty, if 12 people decide on something, it's -probably- right: Our system may not be perfect, but it's the best we've got. Lawmakers reacting to jury decisions is usually a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

no they won't "get over it" they have been and continue to be treated like ****. they are victims,

Do you consider the shooter to be a victim in all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

...for the recent deaths of black men at the hands of the police.

But it wasn't really. The twisted fúck was a hunted man and just wanted to take a few with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

tipptom wrote: »
    A lot of the problems for the black community's is young black men think its their culture to get young girls pregnant and then abandon then move on to the next one and abondan the mother again leaving the children to be raised by young girls and welfare.

That would never happen anywhere in Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

But it wasn't really. The twisted fúck was a hunted man and just wanted to take a few with him.

Amazing how many ppl just ignored the fact that the shooter had shot his ex girlfriend in the stomach earlier that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

feargale wrote: »
    What percentage of those live in gated communities, and what percentage live in abject poverty?
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Since that has absolutely fck-all to do with the facts posted....I'll just suggest you find out yourself somehow.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/analysis_and_planning/crime_and_enforcement_activity.shtml

Oops! Was there a hint of dissent in my question? Did it merit a vulgar response worthy of trailer trash? Almost as bad as being bullied and ballyragged on Fox News!
    Listen here, boy. My question is as relevant to the title of the thread as your attempt to turn this into a race conflict. Your offering of a link is fatuous, having no relevance to the question posed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Amazing how many ppl just ignored the fact that the shooter had shot his ex girlfriend in the stomach earlier that day.

That's because it doesn't fit the narrative they want to talk about.

Then why do Black immigrants do much better than native black people?
    Why do 2nd generation black immigrants do much better?
    Why do Asians do much better?
    Why do Latinos do much better?

This is more than simply just racism its more about cultural attitudes to education.

P.S. I am NOT saying racism is not a factor but it is less than people on here attribute to it

Where are you getting your info from?
    African immigrants in the US tend to be highly educated but are forced into low level jobs when compared to other immigrant groups.

That's because it doesn't fit the narrative they want to talk about.

It's amazing how the discussion shifted from the topic of the shooter to black crime rates, race cards and tirades about self respect

Where are you getting your info from?
    African immigrants in the US tend to be highly educated but are forced into low level jobs when compared to other immigrant groups.

Its in my previous post to the one you quoted one page back.
    I still cant post full links but you should be able to find it using this
    //home.uchicago.edu/~arauh/Rauh2013a.pdf
    Its a recent study too 2013.
    the same could be said of many immigrants into many countries there are other factors such as language etc.
    Again I'm not saying racism is not a factor but when you allow for all other factors native black Americans are under performing badly.

The anti NYPD things he posted on instagram prior to the shooting when they emerged were always going to frame the story in that way.
    //pix11.com/2014/12/20/breaking-2-nypd-officers-shot-in-brooklyn/
    Personally I think the guy was just using that as an excuse to kill people while at the same time in his head he probably thought he would die as some sort of vigilante folk hero for his actions.

It's amazing how the discussion shifted from the topic of the shooter to black crime rates, race cards and tirades about self respect

The usual suspects with the same agendas. They're trying their best to turn After Hours into a Stormfront type forum for them to soap box their racist views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 coalburner

Putinovsky wrote: »
    The usual suspects with the same agendas. They're trying their best to turn After Hours into a Stormfront type forum for them to soap box their racist views.

This black men are best, wimpy white men cannot compete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

As someone who has a close family member in the NYPD this really hits hard. This world is full of cowards.

chupacabra wrote: »
    As someone who has a close family member in the NYPD this really hits hard. This world is full of cowards.

Where was the outcry for micheal brown

Did the shooter of the two cops not say that he was about to put "wings on the pigs" beforehand? Did he not reference the Brown and Garner shootings? Then, is not perfectly rational to look at the wider picture, i.e. Afro-Americans and their shaky, at best, relationship with the police and why that may be the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Did the shooter of the two cops not say that he was about to put "wings on the pigs" beforehand? Did he not reference the Brown and Garner shootings? Then, is not perfectly rational to look at the wider picture, i.e. Afro-Americans and their shaky, at best, relationship with the police and why that may be the case?

Not when his very first act is to try and bump off his other half.

Nodin wrote: »
    Not when his very first act is to try and bump off his other half.

He had some mental issues and society not helping lead to this, he should not be vilified now due to his skin colour

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A lot of the problems for the black community's is young black men think its their culture to get young girls pregnant and then abandon then move on to the next one and abondan the mother again leaving the children to be raised by young girls and welfare.
    As the saying goes, northsiders are the blacks of Dublin, so this explains why there are so many one parent families? [/sarc]

=-=

Does anyone have figures of how many gang and non-gang black people get murdered by the cops as opposed to by black gang members each year? Couldn't find the figures when I Googled for them.

coalburner wrote: »
    He had some mental issues and society not helping lead to this, he should not be vilified now due to his skin colour

He is being "vilified" for his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

feargale wrote: »
    That would never happen anywhere in Tipperary.
    No,there is no culture of it in Tipperary.
    I have lived and worked in these community's in NY and know a lot of activist people working hard among these communities to change this culture and attitude among young black males.

He is being "vilified" for his actions.

And posters like you are using those actions to vilify an entire race.

• Advertisement

No,there is no culture of it in Tipperary.
    I have lived and worked in these community's in NY and know a lot of activist people working hard among these communities to change this culture and attitude among young black males.

Young black men don't need to change, that racist thinking is why there is so much tension

Advertisement