Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

No, it addresses the reality.
    The American police forces are made up, disproportionately, of ex-military personal. These people are thought throughout their military careers serving in the developing world as part of the US's empire projection that they are unanswerable to the public and should shoot first ask questions later.
    As a result they apply the same mentality to their work as police officers which results in things like unarmed teenagers being shot 12 times and innocent men being choked to death in broad daylight.

And autistic 12 yr old boys with toy guns being shot on playgrounds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Anytime I hear neo-liberal, I just think of the "neo-liberalism is anything we do not like" argument. Linking high crime in inner city and urban American to neo-liberalism and imperialism.... is just lol, rofl....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

jank wrote: »
    Anytime I hear neo-liberal, I just think of the "neo-liberalism is anything we do not like" argument. Linking high crime in inner city and urban American to neo-liberalism and imperialism.... is just lol, rofl....

In fairness you say "sjw" so often it's far easier to ascribe that moniker to anything you dislike than it is to accurately use the term neoliberal.

"Sjw" has as much meaning or value as "sinnerbot" and should be treated as such.

But still unhinged.
    It's disgusting that ppl are trying to link this man's actions to the protesters, de blasio and sharpton

Yet still a deliberate act that in all likely hood would not have happened if there was a more reasoned and rational debate post Brown and Garner. When you get reactionaries you get action. He did post #revenge and #garner in his last post, so try all you want there is a definite link there to the anti-police narrative that many people engaged in.

Then why the pull back by De - Blasio and Sharpton. There were protesters in NY calling for dead cops.

I back the NY police association here, I presume you disagree with them and if so why?

In fairness you say "sjw" so often it's far easier to ascribe that moniker to anything you dislike than it is to accurately use the term neoliberal.

"Sjw" has as much meaning or value as "sinnerbot" and should be treated as such.

Except of course I did give a detailed response to why I used this one particular word and did post a NY times article. You complain I used a word, then go off and use 7 ad-hominems yourself and think you win the debate...?:pac: Egg on face there.

• Advertisement

Far-right white reactionaries have murdered more US policemen this year than any other ideological group, no matter how flimsy that might be applied.

Black people are an ideological group now? :o
    Would like to see those stats by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭Sand

No, it addresses the reality.
    The American police forces are made up, disproportionately, of ex-military personal. These people are thought throughout their military careers serving in the developing world as part of the US's empire projection that they are unanswerable to the public and should shoot first ask questions later.
    As a result they apply the same mentality to their work as police officers which results in things like unarmed teenagers being shot 12 times and innocent men being choked to death in broad daylight.

Thats a wonderful series of unproven claims built upon unproven claims without a single shred of evidence to hold it all together.

Neither Wilson nor the NYPD cop investigated for the death of Garner served in the military.

Yet still a deliberate act that in all likely hood would not have happened if there was a more reasoned and rational debate post Brown and Garner. When you get reactionaries you get action. He did post #revenge and #garner in his last post, so try all you want there is a definite link there to the anti-police narrative that many people engaged in.

Then why the pull back by De - Blasio and Sharpton. There were protesters in NY calling for dead cops.

I back the NY police association here, I presume you disagree with them and if so why?
    You're theorizing and no one really knows what he was thinking. Shooting his gf that day must have been related to his anger at the police? Blaming his actions on the justified anger people have toward police departments is irresponsible and ridiculous. There is no definitive link btw anti police protesters and the shooter. He was violent in the past. I wouldn't take a yt vid as proof as that protesters were calling for deaths of cops. Fox News has proven to have tampered with protesters.
    Deblasio and sharpton are unfortunately being bullied right now.
    My issues with the police association is their belief that only the lives of police officers matter and that trying to purge the police dept of thugs in blue somehow means you're anti-police

MadYaker wrote: »
    So does anyone actually know why african americans in the US are more likely to be involved in crime and more likely to end up in prison than white people are?

Probably because they are more likely to grow up in poverty, in worse schools, with worse teachers and worse facilities than any other ethic group, but sure its easy to ignore that.

Also easy to ignore the fact that whites are twice as likely per capita to carry drugs or weapons than coloured people's but half as last likely to be searched. But that's just coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Much, much bigger threat from right-wing groups and lone wolf terrorists in the States targeting police than protesters calling for equality and reform of the police...

ADL Says Las Vegas Shootings Underscore Growing Trend of Right-Wing Extremists Targeting Police
    http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/extremism/adl-says-las-vegas-shootings-growing-trend-of-right-wing-extremists.html

Time: Right-Wing Militias Are The Real Threat To Cops
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/21/time-right-wing-militias-are-the-real-threat-to-cops/

The Secret World of Extreme Militias
    http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2022636-6,00.html

Where was the right-wing outrage? Police say couple who fatally shot 2 Vegas police officers and civilian believed law enforcement the 'oppressor' | Fox News
    http://retrievals.newsvine.com/_news/2014/12/22/27788657-where-was-the-right-wing-outrage-police-say-couple-who-fatally-shot-2-vegas-police-officers-and-civilian-believed-law-enforcement-the-oppressor-fox-news

Antigovernment Obsession Preceded Las Vegas Shootings
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/us/couple-in-las-vegas-killings-embraced-anti-government-ideology.html?_r=1

What’s Behind All the Right-Wing Cop Shootings?
    http://www.vice.com/read/whats-behind-all-the-right-wing-cop-shootings

Accused Pa. cop killer caught on "a hunch"
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eric-frein-pennsylvania-police-shooting-suspect-caught-on-a-hunch/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Egginacup wrote: »
    So paying for a crime in your world is to be executed without even an arrest, charge or conviction like Brown was? And before you bang on about how the cop feared for his life and Brown was trying to take his gun and kill him, be aware that that is just the word of the cop while other eyewitnesses have been ignored or even threatened. Brown was shot twice in the top of the head. .... he was "finished off" by a sick sadistic coward.

Pretty much all the witnesses, and the forensics, confirm the struggle at the car. The divergence is only after Brown started to run. At least one witness who supported Wilson's testimony also stated to the FBI that she was intimidated by her fellow citizens. I'll leave your last line alone, as you have rather something of a track record of being irrationally anti-cop.

Pretty much all the witnesses, and the forensics, confirm the struggle at the car. The divergence is only after Brown started to run. At least one witness who supported Wilson's testimony also stated to the FBI that she was intimidated by her fellow citizens. I'll leave your last line alone, as you have rather something of a track record of being irrationally anti-cop.

Forensics in that case are unreliable. Wilson washed his hands before they could be properly analyzed. Brown's body was left out in the elements for several hours. Both of these instances are highly unusual because they were did not follow police protocol which is why many forensic experts have issues with the forensic evidence

You're theorizing and no one really knows what he was thinking. Shooting his gf that day must have been related to his anger at the police? Blaming his actions on the justified anger people have toward police departments is irresponsible and ridiculous. There is no definitive link btw anti police protesters and the shooter. He was violent in the past. I wouldn't take a yt vid as proof as that protesters were calling for deaths of cops. Fox News has already been revealed to tampering footage of protesters.
    Deblasio and sharpton are unfortunately being bullied right now.
    My issues with the police association is their belief that only the lives of police officers matter and that trying to purge the police dept of thugs in blue somehow means you're anti-police

This is getting interesting now and hilarious.

I am theorizing now yet you assume that this has NOTHING to do with Garner, even though it was mentioned in his last instagram post. "We take two of 'them' for 'one' of ours'.
    I am theorizing, yet you are not.... eh OK

Video showing protesters calling for death of cops, is NOT proof that protesters were calling for death of cops....eh... MUST BE FAKE...Its a conspiracy right?
    NBC deem it OK to cover it.
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Eric-Garner-Manhattan-Dead-Cops-Video-Millions-March-Protest-285805731.html

Sharpton getting bullied? He is the biggest bully of the lot. He demanded an equal footing along with the Mayor of NY and the NYPD commissioner over the Garner case. He is an un-elected rabble rouser who also has anti-Semitic and anti gay views. Human rights activist my ass. How people defend him is beyond me.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/12/22/wsjs_riley_de_blasios_anti-cop_rhetoric_made_nypd_slayings_more_likely_than_it_would_have_been.html#ooid=t0eGxmcjoCe5KyLh525VnaiyQQ7BiuLJ

De Balsio should have known better then to fan the flames and it seems he is totally out of his depth as Major of America's largest city.

Finally, who said only police lives matter? They are the ones in high crime neighbor hoods stopping the locals from anarchy. They risk their lives everyday and are accountable if bad things happen. If some wanna be gangsta shoots someone in the head who is accountable then? Black on black crime is through the roof. Why do blacks make up 50% of murder victims, 92% of them shot by other blacks.

You mentioned previously that the problem was drug enforcement and you wanted MORE enforcement but you do realise that this will lead to more police in high crime black neighborhoods where the likely hood is that more blacks are shot by police officers? I suppose this will be the fault of the police, for doing their job, right??

You clearly do not have a coherent thought about the issue. Too much time reading the same opinion pieces. Classic confirmation bias.

You clearly do not have a coherent thought about the issue. Too much time reading the same opinion pieces. Classic confirmation bias.

Haha, yeah, classic! Anyway, so 'sjw', you invent the term yourself?

This is getting interesting now and hilarious.

I am theorizing now yet you assume that this has NOTHING to do with Garner, even though it was mentioned in his last instagram post. "We take two of 'them' for 'one' of ours'.
    I am theorizing, yet you are not.... eh OK

Video showing protesters calling for death of cops, is NOT proof that protesters were calling for death of cops....eh... MUST BE FAKE...Its a conspiracy right?

Accept for the reality that it never happened?

Vice and several other outlets posted a video earlier tonight about how fox had cut audio of posters so sound like "kill a cop" when in reality it was never chanted.

Haha, yeah, classic! Anyway, so 'sjw', you invent the term yourself?

No, did you invent terms like misogynist and imperialist yourself? Do you have a point?

No, did you invent terms like misogynist and imperialist yourself? Do you have a point?

The difference is that misogyny and imperialism are real issues which affect every single person on the planet and "sjw* is the invention of libertards desperately clutching on to their ideology.

I don't know, I just laugh at people who use 'repuklicans' or 'libtards' or 'sjw' in political debates. They contribute nothing to an argument but make the speaker sound immature.

It's even funnier to hear someone who uses those terms but then criticise someone else for employing a common phrase in development studies and politics (ie neoliberal imeprialism)!

Accept for the reality that it never happened?

Vice and several other outlets posted a video earlier tonight about how fox had cut audio of posters so sound like "kill a cop" when in reality it was never chanted.

What 'outlets'.... sounds very conspiracy theory, mate.

You keep talking about ad hominen attacks too but you do understand that 'sjw' is such a fallacy, right?

• Advertisement

I don't know, I just laugh at people who use 'repuklicans' or 'libtards' or 'sjw' in political debates. They contribute nothing to an argument but make the speaker sound immature.

It's even funnier to hear someone who uses those terms but then criticise someone else for employing a common phrase in development studies and politics (ie neoliberal imeprialism)!

Pretty much my stance on it.

Neoliberalism and imperialism are inexplicably linked in sociological and political theory but apparently using the terms in practice is worthy of laughter.
    Its almost as is right wing comentators don't take the time to understand the theory they espose.

What 'outlets'.... sounds very conspiracy theory, mate.

http://gawker.com/slimy-baltimore-fox-affiliate-caught-faking-kill-a-cop-1674040381

The edited and unedited videos are there.

Yes, cause in a debate about two police officers that were shot dead, common phrases like 'neo-liberalism' and 'imperialism' are fine but discussing the activist nature of the NY major, sounds 'immature'.

Eh, wrong video.

Yes, cause in a debate about two police officers that were shot dead, common phrases like 'neo-liberalism' and 'imperialism' are fine but discussing the activist nature of the NY major, sounds 'immature'.

Why didn't you use that term, 'activist nature' and then elaborate on it (since even that's very ambiguous)? Of course libtard, repuklicans and sjw are immature on a political forum.

Much, much bigger threat from right-wing groups and lone wolf terrorists in the States targeting police than protesters calling for equality and reform of the police...

ADL Says Las Vegas Shootings Underscore Growing Trend of Right-Wing Extremists Targeting Police
    http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/extremism/adl-says-las-vegas-shootings-growing-trend-of-right-wing-extremists.html

Time: Right-Wing Militias Are The Real Threat To Cops
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/21/time-right-wing-militias-are-the-real-threat-to-cops/

The Secret World of Extreme Militias
    http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2022636-6,00.html

Where was the right-wing outrage? Police say couple who fatally shot 2 Vegas police officers and civilian believed law enforcement the 'oppressor' | Fox News
    http://retrievals.newsvine.com/_news/2014/12/22/27788657-where-was-the-right-wing-outrage-police-say-couple-who-fatally-shot-2-vegas-police-officers-and-civilian-believed-law-enforcement-the-oppressor-fox-news

Antigovernment Obsession Preceded Las Vegas Shootings
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/us/couple-in-las-vegas-killings-embraced-anti-government-ideology.html?_r=1

What’s Behind All the Right-Wing Cop Shootings?
    http://www.vice.com/read/whats-behind-all-the-right-wing-cop-shootings

Accused Pa. cop killer caught on "a hunch"
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eric-frein-pennsylvania-police-shooting-suspect-caught-on-a-hunch/

OK, a bunch of links but where is the hard data I asked for? You mentioned white right wing ideaology that was the motive for killing police officers. Where are the stats. The FBI would be a good place to start.

Update...
    So you have a couple with right wing sympathies killing two Nevada police officers in all your links bar two, the time Article is almost 5 years old and is more of an essay while the last link has no mention of right wing or white supremacist ideology. I think that is called fishing.......

Why didn't you use that term, 'activist nature' and then elaborate on it (since even that's very ambiguous)? Of course libtard, repuklicans and sjw are immature on a political forum.

I did elaborate on it, but some people are very precious about an acronym so keep on digging.

OK, a bunch of links but where is the hard data I asked for? You mentioned white right wing ideaology that was the motive for killing police officers. Where are the stats. The FBI would be a good place to start.

What contrary evidence are you offering?

What contrary evidence are you offering?

I didnt make the claim. It is up to the person to make the claim to prove it as best they could.

Again, here is the original claim.
    Far-right white reactionaries have murdered more US policemen this year than any other ideological group

So, far on the evidence present we have those cops killed in Nevada, that is two and there is no evidence that they were involved with any milita's

Once could also view that the cop killer in NY who was affiliated with 'Black Guerrilla Family' gang, who declared earlier on this month that it was open season for cops, so we can make that two

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-nypd-warned-militant-group-plans-shoot-cops-article-1.2036616

I am posting this link again as the time ariticle seems to be fundamentally faulty.
    The author specifically warns that these groups pose an imminent threat to law enforcement officials and should be closely monitored. Gellman relies heavily on a retracted 2009 DHS report — simply titled “Rightwing Extremism” — for his finding. That very same report was quickly pulled by the DHS after its release and was widely criticized for claiming that ordinary citizens upset by the election of President Barack Obama pose a danger to the country.

Since the article’s publication, there have hardly been any reported cases of violence stemming from individuals connected to the militia movement. There is one possible case from June of this year, but it could not be determined whether the two killers in the Las Vegas shooting spree had any connections with militia groups.

More egg on face. :)

Anyway, the fact that posters have to chime in with some type of scorecard for point settling on a debate about dead police officers is in itself distasteful and shows more about their own level of maturity in this debate. Dead cops are bad, no matter if the militia shot them or some Black Panther like group shot them. So, I have no idea why this was even brought into the discussion but there ya go, I suppose I must move to Idaho now and build myself a bunker.

• Advertisement

I didnt make the claim. It is up to the person to make the claim to prove it as best they could.

Again, here is the original claim.

So, far on the evidence present we have those cops killed in Nevada, that is two and there is no evidence that they were involved with any milita's

Once could also view that the cop killer in NY who was affiliated with 'Black Guerrilla Family' gang, who declared earlier on this month that it was open season for cops, so we can make that two

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-nypd-warned-militant-group-plans-shoot-cops-article-1.2036616

I am posting this link again as the time ariticle seems to be fundamentally faulty.

More egg on face. :)

Anyway, the fact that posters have to chime in with some type of scorecard for point settling on a debate about dead police officers is in itself distasteful and shows more about their own level of maturity in this debate. Dead cops are bad, no matter if the militia shot them or some Black Panther like group shot them. So, I have no idea why this was even brought into the discussion but there ya go, I suppose I must move to Idaho now and build myself a bunker.

More egg on face. :) = some type of scorecard

Ad Hominem attacks = social justice warrior

Be at least consistent!

Advertisement