Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Putinovsky wrote: »
    And posters like you are using those actions to vilify an entire race.

Where? Examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IsaacWunder

So blacks are committing more crime than whites. Whose fault is that?

Blacks are more likely to be arrested and prosecuted even if crime rates are the same:
    Black Americans were nearly four times as likely as whites to be arrested on charges of marijuana possession in 2010, even though the two groups used the drug at similar rates, according to new federal data.

www.nytimes.com/2013/06/04/us/marijuana-arrests-four-times-as-likely-for-blacks.html

How many of the marijuana arrests are just add on charges to other crimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

Where? Examples?

You've a convenient habit of consistently popping up in any threads involving immigrants or race related matters and making a litany of negative posts deriding the immigrant or minority race group that is at the subject matter. This thread is no different.

I would like to ask you something. I am not saying that you do think this but I would just like this clarified to get a better understanding. I would like it answered in a simple yes or no..

Do you think white people are superior to other races?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

coalburner wrote: »
    Young black men don't need to change, that racist thinking is why there is so much tension
    So Black organisations working in their own communities to try and help and change this culture especially through schools are just simple racists and the reason there is so much tension.
    People with your attitude who attack people as racist because they try and change attitudes for the better are the very reason why the tension will go on for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 coalburner

How many of the marijuana arrests are just add on charges to other crimes?

And how many where planeted on the black men by these thug cops

Do you think white people are superior to other races?

No, do you? Debate the issues and stop trying to smear. It's lazy and counterproductive.

tipptom wrote: »
    So Black organisations working in their own communities to try and help and change this culture especially through schools are just simple racists and the reason there is so much tension.
    People with your attitude who attack people as racist because they try and change attitudes for the better are the very reason why the tension will go on for decades.

You are trying to change the culture of a group cause you don't like it, that racist, white men are inferior and just cause you cannot compete doesn't mean you can change the other group

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Blacks are more likely to be arrested and prosecuted even if crime rates are the same:

I'd say the higher marijuana related arrests are themselves related to the much higher policing of communities/areas with murder, drugs, assault, theft, rape and various "high profile" crimes. Police tend to go where the serious crime is. So kids that are involved in low profile crime, living in areas that do not have a serious crime problem will face less police attention than kids who are involved in low profile crime, living in areas that do have a serious crime problem.

There is also the question of if the marijuana possession charge was the *only* charge, or if it was just added to the list of more serious crimes?

Basically, your article just has a statistic. Jumping from a stat to a conclusion with absolutely no investigation or evidence to support it is pretty poor.

No, do you? Debate the issues and stop trying to smear. It's lazy and counterproductive.

I am glad to hear that you believe that all races are equal and that white people are the same as black people. You certainly don't display that attitude in some of your posts so its good to hear you don't actually believe in racial superiority.

• Advertisement

I am glad to hear that you believe that all races are equal and that white people are the same as black people. You certainly don't display that attitude in some of your posts so its good to hear you don't actually believe in racial superiority.

Black men are greatly superior then white men, their women are trash though

Mod - Banned

You are trying to change the culture of a group cause you don't like it, that racist, white men are inferior and just cause you cannot compete doesn't mean you can change the other group

I've a feeling that you're someone who is intentionally trying to get a rise. Another example of elements in after hours who are trying to stoke up racial tensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Ah,i see ok,sound.

Black men are greatly superior then white men, their women are trash though

Bye now, I won't be surprised to learn that your IP matches one of after hours resident stormfront posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Where was the outcry for micheal brown

I think you'll find plenty of outcry in many cities in America over mike brown. My own opinion of it is that it was a tragic situation that could have been prevented with cool heads. Unfortunately there weren't many cool heads around that night. Garner situation deserved an indictment.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Did the shooter of the two cops not say that he was about to put "wings on the pigs" beforehand? Did he not reference the Brown and Garner shootings? Then, is not perfectly rational to look at the wider picture, i.e. Afro-Americans and their shaky, at best, relationship with the police and why that may be the case?
    The shooter doesn't represent the views of any sane rational person. Yes the relationship btw the police and the black community is rocky but no one is calling for the death of innocent ppl. The majority of black Americans are asking for peace in their own communities

chupacabra wrote: »
    As someone who has a close family member in the NYPD this really hits hard. This world is full of cowards.

I agree with this as a former New Yorker who is black with several relatives in the NYPD

I agree with this as a former New Yorker who is black with several relatives in the NYPD

Thankfully the NYPD are a great family who will rally for these poor men's families.

chupacabra wrote: »
    Thankfully the NYPD are a great family who will rally for these poor men's families.

Did they rally for micheal browns family

Michael Brown wasn't even from the same state :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The shooter doesn't represent the views of any sane rational person. Yes the relationship btw the police and the black community is rocky but no one is calling for the death of innocent ppl. The majority of black Americans are asking for peace in their own communities

The protest campaigns seem to be looking for justice first, before peace in their communities. Sadly I think tragedies like this will happen again and again until the police approach to black communities is reformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Why would families of police in New York "rally" for a thug 1000+ miles away (who himself tried to kill a cop)?

The protest campaigns seem to be looking for justice first, before peace in their communities. Sadly I think tragedies like this will happen again and again until the police approach to black communities is reformed.

Police approach and gun control. The shooter in this case with his criminal record was able to obtain a firearm

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Robroy36

...police approach to black communities is reformed.

Black communities need to reform first, once that happens the police won't need to reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

If Everyone was carrying a gun this would never of happened...... I have heard that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Robroy36 wrote: »
    Black communities need to reform first, once that happens the police won't need to reform.

If only the Catholic communities in the North reformed their culture of violence and poverty before violence broke out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If Everyone was carrying a gun this would never of happened...... I have heard that somewhere.

Jeepers, I see an opening for a new business venture, selling bullet proof vests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

You'd think that now that Obama is in the White House, this persecution complex that a lot of African-Americans seem to have might have gone away.

Still very much alive & well with them, it seems. Sad really.
    not sure if trolling or just stupid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Robroy36 wrote: »
    Black communities need to reform first,

once that happens the police won't need to reform.

The Solution ( by Berthold Brecht 1898-1956 ) [ re. the Berlin Uprising 1953. ]

After the uprising of the 17th of June
    The Secretary of the Writers Union
    Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
    Stating that the people
    Had forfeited the confidence of the government
    And could win it back only
    By redoubled efforts.

Would it not be easier
    In that case for the government
    To dissolve the people
    And elect another?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Cop gets shot and killed. That's his job.
    Soldier gets shot and killed or maimed ot mutilated. That's his job.

Why the outrage and fury?

Advertisement