Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What is particularly annoying is all the time I have spent maxing out exotic weapons this week since the new patch only to find out now it was a complete waste of my time.

Yeah, that was really bad from Bungie. Honestly, at the rate there going, will this extra grinding nonsense, and several currencies, they will kill this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Don't think I'll be on tonight. Update is taking way to long. My wife will think there's something wrong if i go to bed now though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

wes wrote: »
    Yeah, that was really bad from Bungie. Honestly, at the rate there going, will this extra grinding nonsense, and several currencies, they will kill this game.

They just removed most of the grinding from the game last week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What is particularly annoying is all the time I have spent maxing out exotic weapons this week since the new patch only to find out now it was a complete waste of my time.

Also makes buying anything other than an exotic shard from Xur this week pointless unless he has something really special like the Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn.

AdamD wrote: »
    They just removed most of the grinding from the game last week :confused:

To replace it with some more grinding, with needing commendations to buy crucible and vanguard gear. Adding new types of shards and energy, needing 7000 glimmers and an exotic shard to upgrade an existing exotic.

Then, the most recent patch, were people put a lot of effort into upgrading there exotics, and now having to start from the start a week later, was just a completely crappy thing for Bungie to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The introduction of the commendations is really annoying. They already have a cap on the number of marks you can earn a week, so why the need to introduce this?

I understand the need to make exotics more powerful to match the new weapons since they are exotics, but why not just add additional upgrades slot to the existing upgrade slots? It just means you have to do more grinding for mats, strange coins/exotic shards and glimmer. It feels like they are punishing existing players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

weiland79 wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be on tonight. Update is taking way to long. My wife will think there's something wrong if i go to bed now though

My update came down in about two minutes. You just can't rely on PSN to be reliable all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Why are you surprised over the grinding mechanics? That has obviously been their plan from release to keep people playing, and more importantly buying DLC. Remove content/release with barely enough to make one interesting playthrough, push decent but completely uninspiring/by-the-numbers PvP but have people replay those over and over again to get enough drops and materials to make those pixels that blow up other pixels better...so you can then fight higher level pixels...rinse and repeat.
    Great graphics/audio/base gameplay completely ruined by bean counters controlling it's direction. Personally I'm done with it, no gifts for friends, no DLC purchases etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Man they have really fcuked up here. Why bother leveling ANY exotic, old or new, if you have to re-grind when new DLC drops. Guarantee exotics from Dark Below will have to be levelled again when Wolves drops.

Also, Raid Primaries will only drop from the Hard Raid, which won't be live until January.

I only recently purchased the DLC pack, not sure what to think. 35 quid down the drain?

Destiny continues mock me.

I just completed the Nightfall with Weiland and Murphyebass. My reward? 6 strange coins.

I feel a little sorry for Murphyebass too. He was told earlier today that the Nightfall is the promised land when it comes to rewards. So for what I assume was his first Nightfall completion he got 5 strange coins.

Meanwhile Weiland can just laugh :-)

• Advertisement

I just completed the Nightfall with Weiland and Murphyebass. My reward? 6 strange coins.

I feel a little sorry for Murphyebass too. He was told earlier today that the Nightfall is the promised land when it comes to rewards. So for what I assume was his first Nightfall completion he got 5 strange coins.

Could be worse, Sethius got 6 Ascendant Shards from the Nightfall last week while I got a Last Word.

Could be worse, Sethius got 6 Ascendant Shards from the Nightfall last week while I got a Last Word.

I got a legendary engram, that gave me 2 ascendant energies last week. Got a legendary hand cannon this week.

I got a legendary engram, that gave me 2 ascendant energies last week. Got a legendary hand cannon this week.

Got a legendary engram from the weekly last week myself immediately after the nightfall, ended up with a Red Death. Great when you get 2 exotics in the space of 30 mins. Got a Universal Remote from the nightfall this week, probably going to shard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

weiland79 wrote: »
    Psn update taking so long. It says I still have 86mins to wait. Wtf

Mine went to 99 minutes. Paused download. Counted to 5. Restarted. Done in 45 seconds.

Gameplaywise decided to try out the Vex in PvP. I'm pretty upfront about being pretty useless in the Crucible. Jumped on with a mate who also had a fully upgraded Vex. Played maybe 6 games of Control. Topped leaderboards in 2, Came 2nd in 2 (to my Vex wielding Friend) , Team got hammered in one but I did ok and was average in the last. Got several Merciless banners. Wasn't even playing with my favourite character and got f-all specal kills. Was even running past heavy ammo drops as the Vex was better.
    Said before I've never played a PvP where I considered one gun OP. The Vex has proved me wrong. Why people aren't flinging themselves off roofs over it is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's your experience from a couple of games. I'd still use my Suros over it so from my experience it isn't OP at all.

AdamD wrote: »
    That's your experience from a couple of games. I'd still use my Suros over it so from my experience it isn't OP at all.

Yeah, you could be right. It was just that it made such a difference to my usual results. It was like playing against bots at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

If I didn't already buy the dlc, I would quit at this point. Think, I will give just play the story stuff, and the new strikes, and give the new raid a go, and then wait for the next DLC, and do the same, unless the fix some of the new crap they have introduced.

Don't think I will bother with Destiny 2 at this rate.

Think I'm about done, was tempted by the DLC but, no. Destiny 2... no chance. It will no doubt be better than the first. They seem to want to listen to the community and improve the game as they go along, but surely it shows them to be chancers. If this is the future of gaming, good luck to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I dont know why everyone is so surprised about the new way to upgrade exotic weapons etc. Bungie has been taking the piss out of their customer since the beginning.

This is a new way for bungie to get us to play more.

Personally I find it ridiculous, even having to level up again and do the story is nonsense. But they get away with it, destiny is a drug and they are the dealers, they give us a bit, they take a bit, every week the same.

They have found the perfect way to have us hooked up to the game, and if they feel we are losing interest they make sure they find a new way of getting us to spend more time in it.

They should be ashamed of themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dont feel sorry for me. I was glad ye helped me through my first Nightfall. Theyre intense but a lot of fun. Was glad I was playing on the telly and not on the Vita. Definately makes the game a little easier.

I have 22 strange coins now so really hoping xur has an exotic helmet for me this week to help me level up a bit more.

Thanks to the other boardsies as well for the crucible matches on Control. Think I finished last most times but felt like I contributed at the same time.

The missus had gone to be hence me being mic'd up. A massive rarity on my part so was nice to say hello to ye.

I thought the best thing about my first Night Fall was the blue flamey head you can show off in the Tower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dont feel sorry for me. I was glad ye helped me through my first Nightfall. Theyre intense but a lot of fun. Was glad I was playing on the telly and not on the Vita. Definately makes the game a little easier.

I have 22 strange coins now so really hoping xur has an exotic helmet for me this week to help me level up a bit more.

Thanks to the other boardsies as well for the crucible matches on Control. Think I finished last most times but felt like I contributed at the same time.

The missus had gone to be hence me being mic'd up. A massive rarity on my part so was nice to say hello to ye.

nothing wrong with finishing last, as long as you're not dying over and over again feeding points to the opposition its fine. In saying that, I am conscious to adjust my approach if I die a few times on the trot without scoring any kills. Destiny is a hoor of a game for kill stealing as well I find.

With they way they are changing Exotics, is it wise to skip Xur this week?

you could always buy your exotic shards I suppose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No harm to still buy a piece of armour or weapon just don't level them up until you trade them in for the better version. Don't rank up any factions either, get them close to ranking but don't rank them until after the change. There's not really much point playing at all now until the dlc drops tbh.

nothing wrong with finishing last, as long as you're not dying over and over again feeding points to the opposition its fine. In saying that, I am conscious to adjust my approach if I die a few times on the trot without scoring any kills. Destiny is a hoor of a game for kill stealing as well I find.

I think we got a medal at one point for getting was it 10 kills without anyone dying which meant I hadnt died in a few minutes which I was happy about :pac: but yeah I know what ya mean.

My three K/D ratio's were:

So basically I'm dying near to twice per kill I make. Maybe a little better.
    I think were I fell down on the stats end of it was I only got the heavy ammo once in the three games. I'm assuming it was the one where my stats are slightly better there.

I think we got a medal at one point for getting was it 10 kills without anyone dying which meant I hadnt died in a few minutes which I was happy about :pac: but yeah I know what ya mean.

My three K/D ratio's were:

So basically I'm dying near to twice per kill I make. Maybe a little better.
    I think were I fell down on the stats end of it was I only got the heavy ammo once in the three games. I'm assuming it was the one where my stats are slightly better there.

yeah, like i said earlier, once you're making positive contributions you'll be doing alright. have a look at your assist medals, generally you could have loads of these, and it'll give you an idea of how many guys got killed after you had damaged them somewhat.

you could always buy your exotic shards I suppose.

No harm to still buy a piece of armour or weapon just don't level them up until you trade them in for the better version. Don't rank up any factions either, get them close to ranking but don't rank them until after the change. There's not really much point playing at all now until the dlc drops tbh.

Buy the exotic this week (Only one I would buy would be a Helm (15 coins), and probably Gally(23 coins)), and then need to hand it in next week to upgrade (7 coins for the shard and 7,000 glimmer), or just wait till next week when he sells the upgraded versions?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Buy the exotic this week (Only one I would buy would be a Helm (15 coins), and probably Gally(23 coins)), and then need to hand it in next week to upgrade (7 coins for the shard and 7,000 glimmer), or just wait till next week when he sells the upgraded versions?

It will be more of a lottery whether he will have the upgraded one for sale though but he will have 6 weapons and 6 armour for trade so your odds are better if you just get it this week if you get what i mean.

yeah, like i said earlier, once you're making positive contributions you'll be doing alright. have a look at your assist medals, generally you could have loads of these, and it'll give you an idea of how many guys got killed after you had damaged them somewhat.

I got the unsong hero a couple of times alright which I'm fairly sure means I got an assist or two and someone else got the kill.

1st game - 8 kills 0 assists - score 1550 :o
    2nd game - 7 kills 4 assists - score 1995
    3rd game - 10 kills 5 assists - score 2390

Kinda looks like I got progressively better as the games went on. Could be just coincidence or how the team in general performed though either.

Either way it was fun. :)

• Advertisement

Has Xur ever actually sold an Exotic Helm for a Warlock? I know he has sold the Exotic Engrams in the past for a helm.

I got lucky last night. I handed in a bounty and my rep went to 2498/2500. I will switch my Warlock bond so that future rep goes to another Faction. I don't want to gain any ranks in rep until the DLC hits and I get those Commendation things. Whatever they turn out to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement