Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

**** this ****ing game. Just spent the last hour trying to pair with people on DestinyLFG, PSN is bolloxed and nobody is able to find anybody else.

Complete waste of my gaming time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Good fun working through the Raid tonight, Templar was a good challenge. Went fairly smoothly once we sorted out our tactics.

Rewards wise, that was one of the worst I've done, which was made worse by one of the guys getting seconds of Fatebringer and Icebreaker.

Much jealous

Pretty much the same, had quite a bit of trouble with the Templar but once we got past him it went pretty smoothly.

Ended up with the raid boots and helm plus dupes of Atheons Epilogue, Timebreaker and Corrective Measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Which strategy did you end up using for the Templar? We did the 5 up top sniping, with the Relic holder dealing with the back two Oracles.

Went pretty easily.

Eventually.

Which strategy did you end up using for the Templar? We did the 5 up top sniping, with the Relic holder dealing with the back two Oracles.

Went pretty easily.

Eventually.

Tried a few before we ended up doing that with two down dealing with the oracles, which was lucky as the relic holder got ko'd on our successful run.

We found it gelps to have backup for the harpies on hard mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We did all of us back right corner with the relic, wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »
    We did all of us back right corner with the relic, wasn't too bad.

That's the way we had done it pre-patch but on normal. General consensus from the guys I play with for hard is 5 up top and relic down below chasing down oracles, but I haven't done it yet.

Played post patch for the first time yesterday
    - the Vex is a monster in PvE. Taking down everything easier than weapons with appropriate damage. Easy mode engaged. Haven't used it in a Raid though.
    - Solar damage NFalls/weeklys are too easy
    - Public events are gone through the roof I spawned into 3 each time I launched the daily. Did 5-6 events in total.
    - Bad Ju Ju just might now be Good Ju Ju
    - I really need to finish the Thorn bounty
    - Got terrible drops in NFalls. Out of 5 rewards (including friends) from 2 NFs we got one legendary gun and shards/energy. Probably just bad luck
    - drops seemed to have reduced overall but more legendary drops
    - I remain cra* at PvP. Atheon's Epilogue wasn't bad but not awesome either in PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's cool you can get sword of crota during patrol, makes doing bounties less mundane now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I went home yesterday all delighted that I could now buy spirit bloom or whatever material necessary. Yay!

I bought them from the crucible master I think it was and started to upgrade armour. My Level 26 was up to nearly 27. Great!

BUT then I realised I needed ascendancy shards too. Doh!

I have 5 now after getting two last night from the daily strike (thanks 40watt, much appreciated).

I'm assuming the only way of getting these is through a random drop in crucible or by doing the daily??

If so if anyone sees me online (Im not on every day) please hit me up to do the daily so I can eventually upgrade this armour.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Managed 3 NF, 3 Weekly and 1 daily in 2 hours yesterday ... no major drop but some good levelling up.

Started using Plan C and Pocket Infinity a bit more - wasn't a fan of those but man ...

Have a maxed out Hezen Vengeance too ... the Nexus can't face it ;)

Plan for the week : Level up my main to 30, a couple of normal raid with my 2 other dudes ( 29 ) to level up weapons and stuff. No HM until L30 is reached.

I got a ton of shards / energies yesterday from the Public Events, Dailys and Nightfalls (think the Nightfalls were just unlucky - got 9 shards then 10 shards)

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got a ton of shards / energies yesterday from the Public Events, Dailys and Nightfalls (think the Nightfalls were just unlucky - got 9 shards then 10 shards)

Do you still get shards from public events? If so I may go do a few of those. I thought I heard yesterday that they were taken away from public events though :confused:

Nightfalls are at a high level arent they so I'm out of that considering I'm not even a level 27 yet. Getting there though incredibly slowly but surely :D

Do you still get shards from public events? If so I may go do a few of those. I thought I heard yesterday that they were taken away from public events though :confused:

Nightfalls are at a high level arent they so I'm out of that considering I'm not even a level 27 yet. Getting there though incredibly slowly but surely :D

You used to get them randomly in Public Events and then a reward from the Postmaster for the first one you do each day for each character, which was sometimes an ascendant material. I'm almost certain I got shards/energies from every public event I did yesterday.

You can only get the rewards once per week per character on the nightfalls. Not sure what level you have to be to get in. My lvl 27 brother did ok in the summoning pits. This weeks NF is quite easy with the right gear. TBH trying to solo a Nightfall is no longer a very good idea no matter who you are

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You used to get them randomly in Public Events and then a reward from the Postmaster for the first one you do each day for each character, which was sometimes an ascendant material. I'm almost certain I got shards/energies from every public event I did yesterday.

You can only get the rewards once per week per character on the nightfalls. Not sure what level you have to be to get in. My lvl 27 brother did ok in the summoning pits. This weeks NF is quite easy with the right gear. TBH trying to solo a Nightfall is no longer a very good idea no matter who you are

Yeah I think I'll leave the nightfalls for a bit yet.

I'll try getting involved in a few public events so as well as doing the daily. Going to be a slow process unless I can get a good few from the public events though.

I think I saw a website showing where the public events happen most frequently. Must look at it again tonight if I get a chance.

So much for no more farming. :(

They should have allowed those to be bought just like the other materials imo. That way youre not forced to do things you dont particularly want to be spending time doing.

That said I'd rather go find public events than wander around a particular area picking up spirit bloom. God that was boring.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How much longer does it take now that you can't cheese the Templar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Murphy, the nightfall is pi** easy, jump in with 2 higher levels to do it and you will be finished it in 15 minutes. 3 of us done it last night and the hardest part was the first area you come to but you just take your time here and use the right weapons, the nexus was down for us within 2 minutes last night :pac:

One of us took care of the praetorian that spawns behind us on the platform before you jump down, our hunter done this and the other two (Titan and Warlock) took care of the nexus with the titan's shield up for extra damage with weapons and I used my special to lob several grenades at him and our hunter had some armour equipped that he would drop twice as many orbs which re-charged my special straight away for another 7 grenades at the nexus.

You will rank up your character faster by doing these with some of the higher ranked lads on here.

awec wrote: »
    How much longer does it take now that you can't cheese the Templar?

With the right strategy and a good team, not too much longer.

Keep everyone up to and only have the relic holder down at the back taking care of the oracles and harpies, send down a second person if you think the relic holder needs back up.

All of us last night were only getting Motes of Light from the public events and the postmaster had nothing for us, did anyone on here get anything from the postmaster after the public events, it was so handy getting shards this way, I hope this hasn't changed!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Murphy, the nightfall is pi** easy, jump in with 2 higher levels to do it and you will be finished it in 15 minutes. 3 of us done it last night and the hardest part was the first area you come to but you just take your time here and use the right weapons, the nexus was down for us within 2 minutes last night :pac:

One of us took care of the praetorian that spawns behind us on the platform before you jump down, our hunter done this and the other two (Titan and Warlock) took care of the nexus with the titan's shield up for extra damage with weapons and I used my special to lob several grenades at him and our hunter had some armour equipped that he would drop twice as many orbs which re-charged my special straight away for another 7 grenades at the nexus.

You will rank up your character faster by doing these with some of the higher ranked lads on here.

I appreciate that but as I've said before I'm not much good at the game to be honest. 40Watt will tell you. He carried me through the Strike last night. :o

So yeah its not that I dont want to do them more so that I dont want to irratate fellow players by being crap and having to be revived every two seconds.

Its a bit of a catch 22 though isnt it. As you say I'll level up quicker this way but dont want to do it until I'm at a higher level with better guns etc.. so as not to look the prat. :D

You said you brought mats from the vendor, but if you have any marks left you can buy legendary amour from the crucible or vanguard vendors at 50 marks a pop. Just dismantle the armour and you should get 2-3 shards.

The same applies for weapons where you get energy, though they are bit more pricey from the vendors, 150 I think

All of us last night were only getting Motes of Light from the public events and the postmaster had nothing for us, did anyone on here get anything from the postmaster after the public events, it was so handy getting shards this way, I hope this hasn't changed!

From what I understand, you just get the reward instantly now, you don't have to go to the Postmaster to collect. In saying that, I have also only gotten mote's of light since the patch :(

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    You said you brought mats from the vendor, but if you have any marks left you can buy legendary amour from the crucible or vanguard vendors at 50 marks a pop. Just dismantle the armour and you should get 2-3 shards.

The same applies for weapons where you get energy, though they are bit more pricey from the vendors, 150 I think

Oh I see. Sorry I didnt realise that was the case.

So I could buy more legendary armour and dismantle if for shard also.

Well thats ok then so. That means I can continue playing crucible getting marks, buying materials as I need them but also buying armour and dismantling it for shards also.

Sorry for my ignorance. Some day I'll get my head round the game. I'm only 67 hours in you see. :pac: NEEEEWB!

Oh I see. Sorry I didnt realise that was the case.

So I could buy more legendary armour and dismantle if for shard also.

Well thats ok then so. That means I can continue playing crucible getting marks, buying materials as I need them but also buying armour and dismantling it for shards also.

Sorry for my ignorance. Some day I'll get my head round the game. I'm only 67 hours in you see. :pac: NEEEEWB!

No need to apologise, this is possibly the worst game for explaining it's mechanics :) Do note however that you can only earn 100 marks a week for each faction (crucible and vanguard), so you are limited in that sense.

Also, dismantling any legendary armour will give you shards, not just armour brought from vendors (there are some exceptions to this, such as the queen's armour but you can't get that now anyway). The more levelled up the armour is, the more shards you will get in my experience.

Benzino wrote: »
    No need to apologise, this is possibly the worst game for explaining it's mechanics :) Do note however that you can only earn 100 marks a week for each faction (crucible and vanguard), so you are limited in that sense.

Also, dismantling any legendary armour will give you shards, not just armour brought from vendors (there are some exceptions to this, such as the queen's armour but you can't get that now anyway). The more levelled up the armour is, the more shards you will get in my experience.

They didnt make it easy to understand did they. Being honest I only kept with it because it was Bungie. I would have been long gone if it had been anyone else behind the scenes.

I guessed that on the armour one alright as you get is it plating for regular armour?.. That said I dont have any legendary armour to spare though so will have to buy it or get it from an engram.

I forgot about the limits on the crucible marks though. That said between that and the dailys and a bit of public event farming its doable to level up without necessarily doing the likes of nightfalls etc

So yeah watch this space. If I get a bit of time this weekend hopefully I can get to level 27 and maybe even level 28. :eek:

I think I might have a party when I eventually hit level 30. :)

As a side to all of this I love the little movie thing that was beside the tower on The Dark Below. Looks fantastic. It really feels like bungie could build this in to a really long term project if they wanted. Its started fairly bare but they have such a huge player base if they played their cards right it could go on for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Maxed out my VoC my Praedyths Revenge and the Truth last night, and all my armor is maxed out. Just have to get my raid gauntlets and It's lvl 30 for me. Easier said than done, I got my third Exotic helm for my Titan yesterday, so until that drops I'll be concentrating on maxing out my weapons.

I appreciate that but as I've said before I'm not much good at the game to be honest. 40Watt will tell you. He carried me through the Strike last night. :o

So yeah its not that I dont want to do them more so that I dont want to irratate fellow players by being crap and having to be revived every two seconds.

Its a bit of a catch 22 though isnt it. As you say I'll level up quicker this way but dont want to do it until I'm at a higher level with better guns etc.. so as not to look the prat. :D

I will run through it again tonight if you want to join me with one of the lads, it will probably take about 20 to 25 minutes only. My gamertag is CANTO CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I don't know if this was the way before the patch but when I handed in four bounties at the same time i got ten Spin metal and then i did it again and got ten spirit bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

weiland79 wrote: »
    I don't know if this was the way before the patch but when I handed in four bounties at the same time i got ten Spin metal and then i did it again and got ten spirit bloom.

Its for the patrol bounties that you get the materials, and its only post patch.

I will run through it again tonight if you want to join me with one of the lads, it will probably take about 20 to 25 minutes only. My gamertag is CANTO CGI.

Cool yeah if I get time tonight I'll look for you online to give it a go thanks!

That said wife and 2 young kids tend to have different ideas about my gaming unfortunatley :pac:

Also I wont be able to have a mic on as the wife will probably be in the room.
    Hope thats not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

if theres a free spot and you see me online later fire off an invite, I'll give a hand. was just chatting with a friend last night when ye arrived at the tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cool yeah if I get time tonight I'll look for you online to give it a go thanks!

That said wife and 2 young kids tend to have different ideas about my gaming unfortunatley :pac:

Also I wont be able to have a mic on as the wife will probably be in the room.
    Hope thats not an issue.

I've a similar situation, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I generally manage an hour here and there once all the stuff around the house is sorted / kids are in bed / missus is gone to the gym. add me as a friend if you like - generally I'll hop online, do a few bounties, the daily story, and the strike if teammates are available. weekends are a bit more open ended but its usually all late night stuff when the house is gone to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement