Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

What is your gamertag Murphy? I will add you tonight, mine is CANTO CGI.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got the unsong hero a couple of times alright which I'm fairly sure means I got an assist or two and someone else got the kill.

1st game - 8 kills 0 assists - score 1550 :o
    2nd game - 7 kills 4 assists - score 1995
    3rd game - 10 kills 5 assists - score 2390

Kinda looks like I got progressively better as the games went on. Could be just coincidence or how the team in general performed though either.

Either way it was fun. :)

Yeah Unsung Hero means you got 3 assists without dying.
    Has Xur ever actually sold an Exotic Helm for a Warlock? I know he has sold the Exotic Engrams in the past for a helm.

I'm sure he's had a helm for every class, thought he had the Apotheosis Veil at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tony1980 wrote: »
    What is your gamertag Murphy? I will add you tonight, mine is CANTO CGI.

murphyebass

I tried adding you yesterday but couldnt find you on the list :confused:

Meant to say it to you actually but forgot.

Feel free to add me and invite me to fireteams etc when online.

If I know I have a half hour or so that I commit I'll join. If I dont join its cause the kids and or wife are screaming! :D... I jest the kids arent that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It will be more of a lottery whether he will have the upgraded one for sale though but he will have 6 weapons and 6 armour for trade so your odds are better if you just get it this week if you get what i mean.

I suppose so. Would be odd though, for him to continue selling Exotics at the old level no?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

murphyebass

I tried adding you yesterday but couldnt find you on the list :confused:

Aren't you PS4? CANTO is Xbox One. Think there's been wires crossed there :p
    I suppose so. Would be odd though, for him to continue selling Exotics at the old level no?

He'll sell them at the new level but there's less of a chance of him selling one than him having one for trade is what I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A great post from reddit describing why the update and way Bungie did it annoying so many people:

The gear treadmill and why "clearly you've never played an MMO" is a misguided response to those upset by recent news

Basically the post is right in that we can't trust Bungie anymore, that they won't randomly decide to destroy progress 1 week later, due not bothering to tell us whats coming up.

He'll sell them at the new level but there's less of a chance of him selling one than him having one for trade is what I'm saying.

Ah yeah I get ye. I was always going to get the helm regardless, so long as he's selling it that is.

Aren't you PS4? CANTO is Xbox One. Think there's been wires crossed there :p

Right then that'd be the issue so. :o

ps.. This isnt a dig at XboxOne owners as its pretty much the same as a PS4 but genuinely I forget that it exists sometimes. I only know one person who has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

*Cracks Knuckles*
    Wow, that sucks. All that leveling for nothing. At least I have 3-4 exotics sitting in the vault that I haven't even touched yet.

Well it's good you haven't touched them as you have nothing to lose if they are base leveled weapons. I have 9 exotics total, 1 fully levelled, 2 almost fully levelled and 2 halfway.

What I'm planning on doing is swapping the 4 I haven't even touched for the newer versions and level them. IF i find myself not being able to live without a 323 damage Ice Breaker, THEN I will scrap it and relevelling it.

I honestly played the bulk of the game using weapons only upgraded to receive "buffs" and not bothered with the last 4 Damage only upgrade nodes, it made very little impact to the overall game if we're honest. It takes 11 shots to kill a Servitor instead of 13, big deal :D
    Seems to be true. Crotas End available from Tuesday, level 30 normal.

Woohoo, we need to find a means to stream the 1st run :)
    I'd say the new vanguard and crucible armour will get you to level 30. Pain in the ass though changing it to needing rep marks as well as the normal ones considering how long it takes to level up, especially the Crucible. Plus more bloody currencies in the Tower, the rep marks bring it to 7 in such a small area, 8 if you count the radiant ones for Eris.

They need to Eurozone these f**kers :pac:
    Man they have really fcuked up here. Why bother leveling ANY exotic, old or new, if you have to re-grind when new DLC drops. Guarantee exotics from Dark Below will have to be levelled again when Wolves drops.

I wouldn't be so sure about this, if the levelling of past exotics is such a problem this time round, I would be very surprised if Bungie did not learn from their mistakes
    Also, Raid Primaries will only drop from the Hard Raid, which won't be live until January.

I only recently purchased the DLC pack, not sure what to think. 35 quid down the drain?

I always considered a game to be good value if you get 1 hour per €2 cost, i guess it's what you consider value, it's subjective
    I feel a little sorry for Murphyebass too. He was told earlier today that the Nightfall is the promised land when it comes to rewards. So for what I assume was his first Nightfall completion he got 5 strange coins.

Done about 7 Nightfalls and never got much to write home about, promised land haha :D
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Said before I've never played a PvP where I considered one gun OP. The Vex has proved me wrong. Why people aren't flinging themselves off roofs over it is beyond me.

You can only get that weapon by doing the hardest activity in the game, everyone who has a Vex has earned it, and it's ok if it's a bit OP as it gives people a goal to achieve, I want's me one of those (that being said we've often done Control with 6 people from the clan and they don't always finish 1st etc)
    erkifino wrote: »
    Think I'm about done, was tempted by the DLC but, no. Destiny 2... no chance. It will no doubt be better than the first. They seem to want to listen to the community and improve the game as they go along, but surely it shows them to be chancers. If this is the future of gaming, good luck to it...

I might be in the minority, but with the last 2 big updates (the 2GB+ ones), the news announced yesterday and the DLC coming, I think they have done a great job in balancing and fine-tuning the game. It is a very different experience now compared to launch. You can actually do 10 bounties a day no problem and they have fixed the farming (and I was a LOUD complainer about that)
    Bohrio wrote: »
    They have found the perfect way to have us hooked up to the game, and if they feel we are losing interest they make sure they find a new way of getting us to spend more time in it.

They should be ashamed of themselves!

That's all activisions doing. If it's something you like (listening to the community) it's Bungie, if it's something you dislike (slicing away 1/6 of the base game for 2x DLC) it's Activision
    Thanks to the other boardsies as well for the crucible matches on Control. Think I finished last most times but felt like I contributed at the same time.

The team won so that's the main thing, honestly only about 1/2 the PS4 clan plays control together and we kind of have a system which differs from map to map, a handful of more games another evening and you'll find it to be a different beast (20,000 - 4,000 anyone :pac:)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I thought the best thing about my first Night Fall was the blue flamey head you can show off in the Tower

Memories :P
    No harm to still buy a piece of armour or weapon just don't level them up until you trade them in for the better version. Don't rank up any factions either, get them close to ranking but don't rank them until after the change. There's not really much point playing at all now until the dlc drops tbh.

Yeah, I'm just gonna do the daily Mission and Daily patrol bounty for some Materials and level Legendaries
    I think we got a medal at one point for getting was it 10 kills without anyone dying which meant I hadnt died in a few minutes which I was happy about :pac: but yeah I know what ya mean.

It took me about 2 months to get that and I'd consider myself a pretty decent PvP player, I just like to play it a bit fast and loose with the piece of flesh connecting my head to my body

ANYWAY...

I'm actually well impressed with how this game is developing, I probably would have put it down after 20 hours if I was playing solo for obvious reasons.
    But I think if we all look back at the launch product and how well it's been polished in a mere 12 weeks, I think they've done a pretty decent job.
    They've created a game where it started being all about light level, then it became all about level 30 armour and legendary weapons.
    Then it became all about finding level 30 armour with your preferred buffs and stats (Intellect + Auto Rifle Reload vs Strength and Carry more Heavy Ammo etc).
    Then it was re-rolling weapons you already had (3rd Shadow Price anyone? :pac: ) to get a decent PvP load out.
    Trying to find the best exotics to suit your play style while still having 2 decent legendaries in your other slots
    10 bounties over 5
    Balanced and re-balanced weapons
    Open local voice chat (granted we've never needed it because of the clan)
    Matchmaking (likewise)
    Fixed cheesing (I'm all for getting through the Raid fast, but nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment for doing it properly)
    Sparrow Flips, "Look Mom, No Hands"

And.....

THE...

SWORD...

OF...

CROTA!!!

*zoom, schuuuummm, zuum, schum*

I'm in the business of cleansing the lands of darkness, and the Cosmodrome is my office.

Also, Exotics should be just that, Exotic, unattainable, revered, adored, lucky if you have 1 in each category, carefully picking your weapon of choice.

If you're expecting to be rocking 12 fully levelled Exotics, then you're looking at it wrong, Legendaries fair enough, but exotics should be the fist pumping "YES I F**KING GOT MURMUR, F**K YESSSSS!" Moments, the kinds of thing you'll tell your grandkids about :P

I for one cannot wait for the DLC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

wes wrote: »
    A great post from reddit describing why the update and way Bungie did it annoying so many people:

The gear treadmill and why "clearly you've never played an MMO" is a misguided response to those upset by recent news

Basically the post is right in that we can't trust Bungie anymore, that they won't randomly decide to destroy progress 1 week later, due not bothering to tell us whats coming up.

I'm not sure people are fully getting this. Your Exotics will still be 300, you just have to re-upgrade the ones you want to get to 323, which lets be honest isn't going to be more than 2/3.

*disclaimer* you may well understand this and we could just have different views on the usefulness of multiple exotics. I do think there has been a crazy over-reaction though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TO be honest, I am not that bothered about the exotic changes.

It is cool have exotics, but the reality is that for me they are largely redundant. Ice Breaker is my weapon of choice 99.9% of the time, which means I can't use either of my Truths, either of my Plan Cs, or my Last Word etc. I have a load of exotics but only use 1 of them most of the time, and one or two others the rest.

If I can upgrade the ice breaker to be even better, so be it - happy days. In general I much prefer getting a legendary primary weapon with arc/solar/void damage than any exotic, as they are far more usefull to me.

If you play PVP the exotics, and their percs might come in to play a lot more - but i'm rubbish at PVP (tool my near 70 painful Iron Banner games to get to level 4) so its only their use in PvE that affects me.

Also, with the changes that have been made to leveling the exotics (not needing energies) and being able to buy mats - the re-upgrading process will be far less painfull than it was.

Cormac... wrote: »

I honestly played the bulk of the game using weapons only upgraded to receive "buffs" and not bothered with the last 4 Damage only upgrade nodes, it made very little impact to the overall game if we're honest. It takes 11 shots to kill a Servitor instead of 13, big deal :D

For PvP that's all you need really yeah but when it comes to high level PvE like Nightfall and hard raid the full attack makes a huge difference, they're also the nodes that take the most effort to get the mats for farming wise.

I have 5 fully maxed out exotics with two more that were only one node away from being maxed out, add to that 10 fully upgraded legendaries. These are all weapons I use regularly depending on the situation/my mood. It's a hell of a lot of hours to flush down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Cormac... wrote: »

I might be in the minority, but with the last 2 big updates (the 2GB+ ones), the news announced yesterday and the DLC coming, I think they have done a great job in balancing and fine-tuning the game. It is a very different experience now compared to launch. You can actually do 10 bounties a day no problem and they have fixed the farming (and I was a LOUD complainer about that)

There - I'm in the same boat. I'm delighted with the recent updates, and I think what's coming will be good :) The game is getting better, more balanced... Exotics are getting more exotic ( lately i did find myself using maxed out purples ... )

I am actually gutted : I'll been away for work next week, which means I'll miss playing with you guys the first few mission's ... I'll guess i'll do them with my misses on Friday evening after everyone else !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Right then that'd be the issue so. :o

ps.. This isnt a dig at XboxOne owners as its pretty much the same as a PS4 but genuinely I forget that it exists sometimes. I only know one person who has one.

hmm, Ive just added a murphyebass on xbxox there. I should have sussed something was up when is last achievement was the original bioshock.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm not sure people are fully getting this. Your Exotics will still be 300, you just have to re-upgrade the ones you want to get to 323, which lets be honest isn't going to be more than 2/3.

*disclaimer* you may well understand this and we could just have different views on the usefulness of multiple exotics. I do think there has been a crazy over-reaction though.

I am fully awarer of that, but once again, they introduced a change this week, where you use exotic cores, and some people myself included to level up there guns, dismantled an unused exotics, only for one week later, to be told that it will cost your a core and 7000 glimmer to get the new version of the gun, and reset all your progress. So they change a mechanic, knowing full well a week later they were making another change, and didn't let us to know, which is just a crappy thing for Bungie to do, and is quite frankly amateur hour from them.

Also, if you have a fully upgraded weapon, and someone has one they haven't upgraded , you both get the same upgraded gun. There was a smarter way to do this, and that was add extra nodes to upgrade, as opposed to having to re-earn all your perks.

The, there is the new radiant shards (which can only get from the new raid), the crucible and vanguard commendations etc, and all other sorts of extra economies etc to extend the grind, to hide the simple facts, that they don't have a lot of content there.

Bungie brought this on themselves, by first not communicating these changes well in advance to players, and secondly by making the worst aspect of the game, all the bloody grinding for different currencies even worse. The game is already overly complex with all the various economies, so they added a few more, for no real good reason that I can understand.

Instead of making the game more fun to play, they have put more obstacles in our way, that don't make it anymore fun to play. Sure, we can't trust Bungie not to make a change a week later to make all our progress null and void, and they sure as hell won't let us know in any kind of timely manner. IMHO, Bungies good will from Halo is done at this point.

For PvP that's all you need really yeah but when it comes to high level PvE like Nightfall and hard raid the full attack makes a huge difference, they're also the nodes that take the most effort to get the mats for farming wise.

I have 5 fully maxed out exotics with two more that were only one node away from being maxed out, add to that 10 fully upgraded legendaries. These are all weapons I use regularly depending on the situation/my mood. It's a hell of a lot of hours to flush down the drain.

Agreed, it's a f**king kick in the nuts.... kind of how I felt after farming for 6 days to get a big ole "Hey Cormac, you know how you always get like 400 Marks a week and just buy some purple boots to scrap..." WEL TROLOLOLOLO :mad:

A Base Exotic is stil 274 damage, one levelled everything bar the last 3 nodes (the 3 that share a column) is 283.... We're talking about a 9% and 6% different in damage respectively (if you leave critical and random bullet buffs out of it).

With solar burn in a Nightfall, an Ice Breaker will still 1-shot any enemy that a fully levelled one can one-shot 99% of the time
    wes wrote: »
    There was a smarter way to do this, and that was add extra nodes to upgrade, as opposed to having to re-earn all your perks.

This x10,000

IMHO, they should just seperate out players who do and don't own the DLC into completely different servers and matchamaking.

300s in one, 323s in others, Miniature Vanguard flags for the rest :P

I wouldn't be so bothered about having to re-level the exotics if they had told us when they released the patch the last day. The patch encouraged me and loads of others I'm sure to go out and finish leveling up weapons that would have taken a lot longer to do otherwise and a few days later they make a release saying that I was wasting my time. They were either taking the piss or were just flat out incompetent with the way they handled it. I've never seen a company redeem themselves and then shoot themselves in the foot in such quick succession before.

hmm, Ive just added a murphyebass on xbxox there. I should have sussed something was up when is last achievement was the original bioshock.

Thats me in 360 form.

Sad to say but I'm only a couple of hours into bioshock actually :o

I made the jump to PS4 when I got one in argos for €330 with Killzone in Sept I think it was. If I hadnt got it that cheap I'd still be on 360 tbh.

I wouldn't be so bothered about having to re-level the exotics if they had told us when they released the patch the last day. The patch encouraged me and loads of others I'm sure to go out and finish leveling up weapons that would have taken a lot longer to do otherwise and a few days later they make a release saying that I was wasting my time. They were either taking the piss or were just flat out incompetent with the way they handled it. I've never seen a company redeem themselves and then shoot themselves in the foot in such quick succession before.

Same here, having done all my main weekly bits on Tuesday, all I was focusing on was finishing levelling my main 5 other exotics once I read that last night, it was all I could do not to put the game down as it all seems counterproductive now.

Baring the Daily Mission and Daily Patrol Bounty just to bring in some shards and 24 materials quickly without doing circles, there's nothing left to do and anything else I do do will be counterproductive and resent in a few days anyway :(

FYI:
    Here’s how it works. Upgrading exotic weapons and armor is completed by interacting with the weekend vendor, Xur. When he arrives every Friday morning, he will now have a new option to upgrade one of your equipped exotic items. Each week, he’ll offer some (but not all) exotic items as being available to upgrade.

You’ll need three things. First, you need to own the original version of that exotic item, and turn it in to exchange for the upgraded version. It doesn’t matter if this old version of the item is brand new or fully upgraded. To complete the upgrade, you’ll also need to turn in an exotic shard. This recently introduced new material is available for purchase for seven strange coins from Xur, or by breaking down another existing exotic item in your inventory. Finally, each exotic upgrade costs a hefty dose of cash – around 7000 glimmer as of my playthrough of the expansion in mid-November. After turning all three of these things into Xur, he’ll hand you a brand new version of your item with a higher defense or attack value cap.

It’s important to note that this process resets the upgrades on your exotic item, but you’ll now have a new higher damage or defense cap to work towards – so you’ll need to decide if you’d rather keep your fully upgraded old version of a weapon or armor piece, or start over. With that said, the process of upgrading exotic items is now faster, and does not require ascendant materials. Instead, the last slot requires one additional exotic shard, as revealed in Monday’s patch.

With these changes in mind, players eager to start upgrading their exotics should be looking to save up glimmer this week, and also have enough strange coins on hand to purchase the requisite exotic shards.

Given this new feature, exotic items are ultimately far more valuable and important than standard legendary items. Where your older purple legendary items are left behind with the expansion, this change ensures that exotic items carry forward into the new content, and remain as powerful (and hopefully moreso) than new expansion-tier legendary items. It’s also important to note that these upgradeable exotics are available to all Destiny players once the expansion launches, not just the players who purchase The Dark Below. However, only owners of The Dark Below can get new exotics that launch with the DLC.

The crux of the problem really, scrap several hours upgrading an exotic to get <10% higher attack stats
    As a result, I was surprised by how many of the developers piped up with their own frustrations at Destiny before I even mentioned them coming from the community. Like the broader game population, several Bungie devs bemoaned the tedious work of farming for destination materials in the launch game. Another spoke about their frustration at waiting for raid boots to drop in the Vault of Glass after weeks of fruitless attempts.

By engaging with Destiny side-by-side with the gaming community, the developers at Bungie are more than aware of the places in which Destiny still struggles. In many cases, I heard from team members about how eager they are to see specific changes go in that will improve the experience.

Given its scope and size, The Dark Below isn’t aiming to reinvent the Destiny experience. However, my time with the game has me excited, as it’s clear that Bungie is paying close attention to its players, and endeavoring to polish the game with each passing week and expansion.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

https://twitter.com/DattosDestiny/status/540301546404073473

So the perks reset but your damage is still 300. Annoying sure, but hardly worth the meltdown happening on Reddit etc. (though that subsection is full of serious tripe at times).

• Advertisement

Oh Snap! :pac:

That's shut me up

If that's the case, then its not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Sweet!!! that's some proper upgrade then ! good reason to keep it relativelly special then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

https://twitter.com/DattosDestiny/status/540301546404073473

So the perks reset but your damage is still 300. Annoying sure, but hardly worth the meltdown happening on Reddit etc. (though that subsection is full of serious tripe at times).

It's completely unnecessary to reset the perks. Seriously, what's the point of it? Just add the new perks/damage/defence upgrades as additional upgrade slots. Done and dusted and people don't feel like they have wasted time and resources upgrading the weapons prior to the patch.

But now you have to get shards, wait till Xur comes and hope that the weapon you now want to trade in is available to be upgraded. There is literally no point in upgrading an exotic weapon now until you get the upgraded version from Xur. And who knows how long you will have to wait for that to happen.

A ridiculous move. Bungie really should read up on the likes of WoW and see how these things should be done.

Not that bad, but still they should have let us know about all this in the first place.

Again, only themselves to blame, and still its kind of crappy that someone with a fully upgraded gun, will get the same as someone who just got one, not to mention the shards, and even some who used exotic shards already, as they didn't bother to let us know what they were doing. Again, there is 0 reason to trust Bungie anymore, as they don't seem bothered to explain anything they do, all the while making the game more and more complicated.

Also, you lose all your perks etc, again it would have more sense to add some new upgrade nodes, as opposed to what there doing now. Basically, they have a habit of resetting your progression, which is just annoying. New armour, that can get you a higher level, knocks you down a level or 2 for example, and other such stuff, where to get ahead you have to backwards, which is just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just did a quick tot & have 15 exotic weapons (5 fully maxed), most of which are well advanced in terms of progression. I also have 15 exotic armour, give or take. TBH I'm terrified to scrap anything as the following week it could become an essential item the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So.... Who's raiding tonight?

Got half way through a Hard Raid last night then had to drop out (after the Templar) So annoyed I didn't get to finish it!

So I've one and a half hard raids and a normal raid to get done this week. Don't trust my 29 hunter in a Hard Raid - the weak little fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

One thing that bothers me about it, which was mentioned in the Reddit post, is the pace at which this is happening. We just finished IB recently for example, and I have been rocking the weapons from there. Now with the level reset and attack boost, these items become less relevant in comparison to the new stuff coming down. What is the plan for legendaries? Are they just to fall by the wayside now in favor of the new ones, repeating in a few months for DLC no.2 ( which just like this one was supposed to be in the base game)?

Bungie is killing off their own content far too quickly. The comparison with WoW is an apt one, whereby a stat increase like this would be left until an expansion pack, giving players a longer time to play and use they items they've won. This is 3 months after launch and a large amount of the items acquired are about to become if not obsolete then certainly diminished.

You're still gonna always have to rock 2 Legendary weapons and 3 Legendary Armour though.
    Weapons will still be useful.
    Existing Legendary armour though.... not so much
    At least the new raid will have a higher drop rate and will analyse when you last received a "good" drop (not shards etc) and give you a higher chance of getting a "good" drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have a plan C thats 50% upgraded, I dunno what the damage stat is.

can I now trade this in for one with 300 damage once the dlc drops? - Im confused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement