Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Something like 40 of the top 50 PVP players are hunters. Lots of their perks suit the game mode.

You're not wrong:
    http://www.destinydb.com/leaderboards/best-single-game-score

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Obviously hunters are the Gods of PVP, but for those of you that have run Titan and Warlock in crucible, do you find that the Warlock is a bit more squishy? I levelled a Warlock and I'm not enjoying it in PVP as much as my Titan.

It depends on whether you upgrade the Warlocks defense or agility...
    Personally I upgraded agility to the max for crucible but I do find the Warlocks void grenades very weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Playstations exclusive new DLC weapon -

destiny-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Cormac... wrote: »
    You really gotta pick you subclass perks, weapon perks and armour perks well.

Self Revive + 7 AOE Grenades on Control Point B anyone? :pac:

Have a look at my subclass tree if you so wish
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018432202852/2305843009216633385#gear

I use Iron Banner gloves (buff to Auto Rifle reload speed), Raid Boots (carry 4 rockets instead of 2), Heart of Praxix Fire Chest and Raid Helm (see grenade comment).

Marry that with a levelled Truth and my 3rd re-rolled Shadow Price with some PvP buffs (greater range and accuracy, better scope, better accuracy over time etc) and you're onto a winner.

I would equate playing a well specced warlock in the Crucible as someone who has studied Magic the Gathering and come up with the perfect deck. Using a Hunter is like using a pack of Match Attax Football cards

:pac:

While my KTD ratio is nothing to write home about, I average 2,710 points per game.

It's still a support class, blocking doors with grenades so you can secure a control point is not quite the same as stabbing 5 lads consecutively and grabbing the control point yourself :)

I haven't fully upgraded either subclass yet but sunsinger is the most levelled so far. Playing as support class is a tough thing to do thpugh. I need the glory. :pac: And the titan linebacker shoulder charge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Playstations exclusive new DLC weapon -

destiny-1.jpg

gah. seeing the likes of that really grinds my gears about the ps4 exclusive content.

its not like the game is bursting with things to do, cutting out strikes and weapons is really feeling like a slap in the face.

• Advertisement

gah. seeing the likes of that really grinds my gears about the ps4 exclusive content.

its not like the game is bursting with things to do, cutting out strikes and weapons is really feeling like a slap in the face.

Sony paid a shift load of money for 1 year exclusive content. MS had the same opportunity, but refused to stump up the cash to out bid Sony. I agree that 1 year exclusivity is a massive pi$$ take though, couple months would be fine, but a year??

Anyone can get exclusive stuff if they are willing to pay for it
    Exclusivity is bad for the industry
    The last time this was delved into in any serious (lol) debate it became a complete fanboy war, threads were closed, virgins sacrificed etc
    4th Horseman looks $h!t€ anyway #ShotgunsForPeasantsOnly
    Just saying.

A N Y W A Y....

If legendary Armour has 2 Perks and Exotic Armour has 3 Perks

Exotic Weapons should have 3 perks as Legendary weapons have 2 perks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sony paid a shift load of money for 1 year exclusive content. MS had the same opportunity, but refused to stump up the cash to out bid Sony. I agree that 1 year exclusivity is a massive pi$$ take though, couple months would be fine, but a year??

That exclusivity is fair enough but for Xbox owners to be asked to pay the same money for less content in DLC where content is already minimal is just rubbing their noses in it. If the DLC offerings were substantial, it wouldn't matter really but because they're so miserly it becomes much more pronounced.

Buying this game day 1 on any console was a bad idea :pac:

Well at least we all made some digital friends while we plod through it.

Sorry to the lads who had to endure my post-patch farming materials related rant last night, after a 5 hour drive bungie bending over a barrel was not quiet the loving embrace it had been 4 days earlier when I was farming materials for 3 hours instead of doing something with my weekend

:pac:

That exclusivity is fair enough but for Xbox owners to be asked to pay the same money for less content in DLC where content is already minimal is just rubbing their noses in it. If the DLC offerings were substantial, it wouldn't matter really but because they're so miserly it becomes much more pronounced.

I totally agree. Had exclusivity been kept to 3 months, there wouldn't be the same issue. The fact that it's 12 months, and there is Fcuk all in the DLC, Bungie/Activision and Sony really did wrong by the community. I wonder which party brought up the time frame for the exclusivity.

Personally, I don't find exclusivity deals all that wrong. Consoles have had them for years, but this is the longest deal to my knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I totally agree. Had exclusivity been kept to 3 months, there wouldn't be the same issue. The fact that it's 12 months, and there is Fcuk all in the DLC Main game, Bungie/Activision and Sony really did wrong by the community. I wonder which party brought up the time frame for the exclusivity.

Personally, I don't find exclusivity deals all that wrong. Consoles have had them for years, but this is the longest deal to my knowledge.

FYP,

Ah I'm just a bit jealous I suppose. I dont think anyone who enjoys destiny can hand on heart say the package as a whole is good value for money at launch price, regardless of how addictive it turned out to be. and again for everyone on here who spends a lot of time on it, plenty of people gave up after 10 hours.

a year is a crazy length of time alright. and now they've announced destiny 2. whatever happened to this being a 10 year game? I thought it was going to be a base game with a new "chapter" added every 2 months or so. Are we to assume that after the second DLC drops, theres no more content being made for this game?

4 Games in 10 years, so another "Full release" every 2-3 Years with your guardians progress carrying over into each game.
    With the timing on the DLC (about 3 months apart), I personally would expect 2 more DLCs (aside from the initial 2) before Destiny 2, (though it could be 1 if Activision have their way, 3 if Bungie have their way).
    Over the next 10 years they could see €500-€1000 from all of our wallets if things do/don't go according to plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got a legendary fusion from the nightfall "Final Rest II" with arc damage. Not bad,,, other 2 players got plan c or 9 strange coins.

Have a exotic helm ready to max out but oh no, xur's on ****ing holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got a legendary fusion from the nightfall "Final Rest II" with arc damage. Not bad,,, other 2 players got plan c or 9 strange coins.

Have a exotic helm ready to max out but oh no, xur's on ****ing holiday.

I really didn't deserve those coins :pac: 0 kills, 0 assists, 0 deaths

I really didn't deserve those coins :pac: 0 kills, 0 assists, 0 deaths

We've all done it.
    I don't even bother asking people if I can join.
    If I see you're in a mission/strike/nightfall/patrol that I need to do, I'm joining :pac:

Oh god, the lols at all the poor dumb fools on th Bungie forms going bats**t crazy about the patch is funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

We've all done it.
    If I see you're in a mission/strike/nightfall/patrol that I need to do, I'm joining :pac:

Since Cormac brought it up what is the general feeling on people join a fireteam without asking first?

Personally I don't mind if someone joins my game at all. It nearly always makes it better (just don't expect me to always have my mic on). In fact, I'm guilty of doing this to many people myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I usually join people if there fireteam is on open

Fusion rifles for sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Come on update hurry the flip up!!

Great to see the Destiny app has been restored to its former glory. You can now see your time played, kills etc... in the app.

Also, this weeks weekly mission was the easiest yet. Solar burn made mince meat of enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Since Cormac brought it up what is the general feeling on people join a fireteam without asking first?

Personally I don't mind if someone joins my game at all. It nearly always makes it better (just don't expect me to always have my mic on). In fact, I'm guilty of doing this to many people myself.
    It's a good question.

I don't mind if I'm soloing the daily/weekly and someone jumps in, so anyone that has me on xbone feel free. Even if I'm doing a strike or farming I'm always up for some other mischief.

But I never join a fireteam if I see someone doing the above, always feels like I'd be gatecrashing a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

hey guys

We are playing the raid on hard and we need one more, at the oracles right now on xbox1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Bohrio wrote: »
    hey guys

We are playing the raid on hard and we need one more, at the oracles right now on xbox1!

Balls, the missus has the TV and I'm making the dinner..... Good luck!

Balls, the missus has the TV and I'm making the dinner..... Good luck!

disappointment.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Gamertag is CANTO CGI. I can play.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Gamertag is CANTO CGI. I can play.

sorry bud, we are full now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

No probs, give us a shout if someone drops out.

tony1980 wrote: »
    No probs, give us a shout if someone drops out.

I thought I had you as a friend, I have added you know (el senior fats) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

We've all done it.

I do this all the time as well, if I need nightfall/weekly/daily done and I see someone else already has one in progress then Im jumping in.

If they dont want me there then just kick, I assure you my feelings wont be hurt.

Its always worked out for the best mind you, having a full fireteam on a mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good fun working through the Raid tonight, Templar was a good challenge. Went fairly smoothly once we sorted out our tactics.

Rewards wise, that was one of the worst I've done, which was made worse by one of the guys getting seconds of Fatebringer and Icebreaker.

Much jealous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement