Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've a similar situation, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I generally manage an hour here and there once all the stuff around the house is sorted / kids are in bed / missus is gone to the gym. add me as a friend if you like - generally I'll hop online, do a few bounties, the daily story, and the strike if teammates are available. weekends are a bit more open ended but its usually all late night stuff when the house is gone to bed.

My wife tends to go to the gym and leave the kids with me and tends not to go to bed until I do be that 10pm or 1pm! :(

I'll add you in the friends list though and hopefully we can have a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Cool yeah if I get time tonight I'll look for you online to give it a go thanks!

That said wife and 2 young kids tend to have different ideas about my gaming unfortunatley :pac:

Also I wont be able to have a mic on as the wife will probably be in the room.
    Hope thats not an issue.

No probs lad, I am married with a soon to be 3 year old and a 1 year old at home. I usually come on at about 8 or 8:30 when the kids have gone to sleep, luckily, we have the 2nd sitting room so I have the TV all to myself and have the headset too. Stone is the same, wife and kids too so don't worry, we know what it is like :pac:

I will be on at about 8:30 tonight, just give me a shout when your on, I will do a few bounties and the daily story until you are on.

if theres a free spot and you see me online later fire off an invite, I'll give a hand. was just chatting with a friend last night when ye arrived at the tower.

No bother, I will send you an invite when I am on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

weiland79 wrote: »
    Maxed out my VoC my Praedyths Revenge and the Truth last night, and all my armor is maxed out. Just have to get my raid gauntlets and It's lvl 30 for me. Easier said than done, I got my third Exotic helm for my Titan yesterday, so until that drops I'll be concentrating on maxing out my weapons.

Third Exotic Helm? You're just taking the pi$$ now. How did you get another?

How did the hard Raid end the other night after I left?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    No bother, I will send you an invite when I am on.

did you hit 30 yet canto?

I'm one of those new ascendant shards away from hitting 29 and I just need a set of light 30 capable boots to be able to reach it. I'd love to have it in time for the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Third Exotic Helm? Your just taking the pi$$ now.

How did the hard Raid end the other night after I left?

Ha ha I knew you'd pop up and give me a bit of stick if i mentioned the THIRD helm! I shouldn't be laughing I'm sure I'll be waiting a long time for the Gauntlets.

We didn't finish it, didn't get any further than the gatekeeper everyone left and I got an invite into a raid with Generic, Sethius etc. They had done the gatekeeper and were on Atheon. I thought Happy days but we couldn't finish him off after coming so close :mad:

I'm one of those new ascendant shards away from hitting 29 and I just need a set of light 30 capable boots to be able to reach it. I'd love to have it in time for the DLC.

I need a light 30 helm Stone, haven't got lucky with one dropping in the Raid. I have exotic gauntlets and raid gauntlets so I can switch between them. I think Xur has an exotic helm this week so I will buy that and the exotic shard from him and just spend as much time as I can levelling it up for next week to make level 30.

Have you done the raid much? I got the boots from the raid on normal, you could get lucky and get them in the raid this week. It's a pity you didn't rank up in the IB enough to buy them there, you would have been good to go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    Have you done the raid much? I got the boots from the raid on normal, you could get lucky and get them in the raid this week. It's a pity you didn't rank up in the IB enough to buy them there, you would have been good to go then.

I've only been through the raid from start to finish once, saturday night would have been my second time through it. we were making very good progress through it for the most part, certainly a lot quicker than the first time I went through. I did get the achievment for the hard raid and the plan C when Failsafe, miju and a random american fella kindly invited me into a checkpoint where they cheesed Atheon.

They've said that there will be other ways to reach rank 30 coming soon, so I'm assuming its new armour that acts like the inferior legendaries now - in that you can buy them but they'll probably only take you to level 31.

Ha ha I knew you'd pop up and give me a bit of stick if i mentioned the THIRD helm! I shouldn't be laughing I'm sure I'll be waiting a long time for the Gauntlets.

We didn't finish it, didn't get any further than the gatekeeper everyone left and I got an invite into a raid with Generic, Sethius etc. They had done the gatekeeper and were on Atheon. I thought Happy days but we couldn't finish him off after coming so close :mad:

Will you be online tonight to go through the Nightfall, around 10ish? That is if your Titan can keep up with all those Exotic Helms weighing him down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Man that was buggy as f**k.

Did the hard raid again last night and it wasn't anywhere near as bad.
    I think Lizard Squad had done a DDOS on the servers after the patch, i think.

TEMPLAR ON HARD

Spend about an hour and a half last night trying various different Templar strategies.
    (and even one strategy which was some sort of bastardised hodgepodge of 4 different strategies mashed together)
    Really playing the long game now, at least the next time he should be down in 2 runs.

Best thing to do is probably 2 down the bottom, one with the relic, one with Atheons Epiloge or Vision of Confluence.

Have the 4 lads up top (2 right and 2 left) take care of all the Oracles except for the back left one which spawns in the tunnel/arch.

The Relic holder can be out and about hitting harpies to charge the super.
    The 2nd person can shoot the oracles, help shoot the relic holder out of the detain field (As trying to smash through the field is pretty hard as you have to be super precise with your strike baring in mind the melee throws you forward and you can go through the field without actually hitting it) and shoot the near left oracle in the event that Atheon is in the near left corner and blocking it from the 4 guys up top (near = closest to spawn point)

Also the guy with the gun can grab the relic if the relic holder drops it.

You could probably do it fairly handily with 5 up top but it seemed more stable/steady etc doing it with 4 below, less room for errors/problems etc.

Pretty long winded working a strategy out but it'll help in other Hard VoG runs in the future.

4 hours later and I got nothing to show for it..... feck :pac:

Well we had fun and some pretty good banter, good times, good times :)

Sure why not, my self and Imanoob ran through it yesterday but I'll go through it again with you no probs. It's where i got the third helm (did i mention i got a third helm yet)?
    So you might be lucky:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That's the way we had done it pre-patch but on normal. General consensus from the guys I play with for hard is 5 up top and relic down below chasing down oracles, but I haven't done it yet.

Played post patch for the first time yesterday
    - the Vex is a monster in PvE. Taking down everything easier than weapons with appropriate damage. Easy mode engaged. Haven't used it in a Raid though.
    - Solar damage NFalls/weeklys are too easy
    - Public events are gone through the roof I spawned into 3 each time I launched the daily. Did 5-6 events in total.
    - Bad Ju Ju just might now be Good Ju Ju
    - I really need to finish the Thorn bounty
    - Got terrible drops in NFalls. Out of 5 rewards (including friends) from 2 NFs we got one legendary gun and shards/energy. Probably just bad luck
    - drops seemed to have reduced overall but more legendary drops
    - I remain cra* at PvP. Atheon's Epilogue wasn't bad but not awesome either in PvP

Did it twice on hard yesterday with the back right strategy, wasn't too bad tbh, we picked up a lad who'd only raided once and had no ice breaker for our second run so w didn't really fancy doing it up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

On patrol in Old Russia last night, happy out with my new level 16 badassness and I found a cave that led down into a hive location.

Can't remember the name but coming down the tunnel as it curled off down and to the left, it then opened out into an area with a pillar and big crates. And there were piles of thrall around which were really hard to kill. Where there level usually is above them was just question marks.

And then a wizard appeared. And I ploughed everything I had. All primary ammo. All heavy machine gun with solar damage. I used a fusion rifle with cryo damage and then one with void damage.

Nothing. Not a blip on his shields. NOTHING.

What's that about? Is that something I don't have the firepower for or does it take something else to kill?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quad_red wrote: »
    On patrol in Old Russia last night, happy out with my new level 16 badassness and I found a cave that led down into a hive location.

Can't remember the name but coming down the tunnel as it curled off down and to the left, it then opened out into an area with a pillar and big crates. And there were piles of thrall around which were really hard to kill. Where there level usually is above them was just question marks.

And then a wizard appeared. And I ploughed everything I had. All primary ammo. All heavy machine gun with solar damage. I used a fusion rifle with cryo damage and then one with void damage.

Nothing. Not a blip on his shields. NOTHING.

What's that about? Is that something I don't have the firepower for or does it take something else to kill?

You're just too low level, also Wizards have solar shields which are susceptible to solar weapons (orange flame symbol).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Please join me in welcoming these 3 in their new position as Boards.ie Destiny Clan admins:

PSN ID: Conovar (Playstation side) - Mitch Connor on Boards
    GT: P0rphyrl0n (X-Box side) Bohrio on Boards

So we have 5 Admins (including myself, Sniper_Samurai) and an overall founder (Fieldog)

Happy Hunting Guardians

New details about The Dark Below over on the Game Informer site.

Not liking the description of some of the changes, particularly to how Exotic weapons will carry over to the DLC. Sounds like you have to hand it over to Xur who will give you back a new model that can be levelled higher to match new Exotics. The problem is you will get back the base model, meaning you will have to re-upgrade your Exotic weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Not liking the description of some of the changes, particularly to how Exotic weapons will carry over to the DLC. Sounds like you have to hand it over to Xur who will give you back a new model that can be levelled higher to match new Exotics. The problem is you will get back the base model, meaning you will have to re-upgrade your Exotic weapons.

Wow, that sucks. All that leveling for nothing. At least I have 3-4 exotics sitting in the vault that I haven't even touched yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seriously? Absolute joke if true.

Pretty sure current exotics will be 300 but you can trade them in for a new model which can be ranked higher but you'll need to rank it from scratch. Not the end of the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seriously? Absolute joke if true.

Seems to be true. Crotas End available from Tuesday, level 30 normal. Nightfall and weeklys upped to level 30.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Seems to be true. Crotas End available from Tuesday, level 30 normal. Nightfall and weeklys upped to level 30.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Well that means next week is going to be much harder for me. I'm close to 6 days playtime and I'm still two pieces of armour away from level 30.

Psn update taking so long. It says I still have 86mins to wait. Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Well that means next week is going to be much harder for me. I'm close to 6 days playtime and I'm still two pieces of armour away from level 30.

I'd say the new vanguard and crucible armour will get you to level 30. Pain in the ass though changing it to needing rep marks as well as the normal ones considering how long it takes to level up, especially the Crucible. Plus more bloody currencies in the Tower, the rep marks bring it to 7 in such a small area, 8 if you count the radiant ones for Eris.

I guess the commendations are to stop people buying gear to break down for materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If I didn't already buy the dlc, I would quit at this point. Think, I will give just play the story stuff, and the new strikes, and give the new raid a go, and then wait for the next DLC, and do the same, unless the fix some of the new crap they have introduced.

Don't think I will bother with Destiny 2 at this rate.

What is particularly annoying is all the time I have spent maxing out exotic weapons this week since the new patch only to find out now it was a complete waste of my time.

I'd say the new vanguard and crucible armour will get you to level 30.

I hope so. I've been hoarding Ascendant shards and materials so when I do get some armour it will be quick enough to upgrade.

Am I the only one not overly bothered? I'd probably consider the Ghallajorn and Ice Breaker the only 2 exotics worth getting to the higher damage level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I guess the commendations are to stop people buying gear to break down for materials.

That's what I've been doing as I don't really raid too often :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement