Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have a plan C thats 50% upgraded, I dunno what the damage stat is.

can I now trade this in for one with 300 damage once the dlc drops? - Im confused.

You can by the sounds of it yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have a plan C thats 50% upgraded, I dunno what the damage stat is.

can I now trade this in for one with 300 damage once the dlc drops? - Im confused.

Well yeah, provided it's one of the 6 weapons Xur has, which will be changed week on week, if he doesn't have it in his selection, you won't get the option to re-roll it

Check the picture here:
    http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

6 weapons, 2 pieces of armour per class

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    You're still gonna always have to rock 2 Legendary weapons and 3 Legendary Armour though.
    Weapons will still be useful.
    Existing Legendary armour though.... not so much
    At least the new raid will have a higher drop rate and will analyse when you last received a "good" drop (not shards etc) and give you a higher chance of getting a "good" drop

If your level 30, there isn't any point bother with vanguard Armour, really. Just bother with the raid and the exotics gear. Going to be annoying that we have to get shards and energy from the raid only to upgrade raid gear.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah, just had a suros regime drop in the crucible. Guess I won't have to trade in my fully upgraded one now.

wes wrote: »
    If your level 30, there isn't any point bother with vanguard Armour, really. Just bother with the raid and the exotics gear. Going to be annoying that we have to get shards and energy from the raid only to upgrade raid gear.

True, but I for one, was getting my shards/energy from the raid anyway...

Cause f**k knows I didn't get an armour drop for 6 weeks :pac:

Sure we'll have run the raid on normal at least 4 times before Hard Mode unlocks, should have gathered plenty energy for raid weapons by then, considering the Hard Raid unlocks in January and only Raid Primaries will drop then.

Also guys, let's be honest, there will probably be another patch a week for the next 2 months as they fix all this stuff.

No-one is saying Athens Epilogue will forever be stuck on 300 attack etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

True, but I for one, was getting my shards/energy from the raid anyway...

Yeah, it was a great way to get lots of it, but a pain if you were waiting for that last piece of armour. It does imho make this even more complicated. There are so many systems that are in place in Destiny, that are incredibly confusing, that i can't see any good reason for. All the various reputation etc, that isn't needed imho. The biggest annoyance is the commendation system, which is probably the single worst part of the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Where did they say the HM raid won't be playable until January? Unless this one is much harder than VoG that sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    Where did they say the HM raid won't be playable until January? Unless this one is much harder than VoG that sucks.

From here, at the bottom: http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

New Raid: Crota's End
    The new Raid, Crota's End, will unlock on December 9th
    Players at Light level 30 can lead a Fireteam immediately upon release
    The reward system in Crota's End will address some issues reported in the Vault of Glass:
    Raid loot in Crota's End will drop at a higher rate
    New Raid gear will contain a wider variety of potential perks
    Weapons and Gear from Crota's End will not require Ascendant materials for upgrades
    Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy acquired in the Raid will be used to upgrade new Raid gear
    Unwanted weapons and gear from Crota's End will dismantle into Radiant materials
    Primary weapons will only drop in the harder version of Crota's End, released sometime in January

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »

Easy mode starts at level 30. Hard mode will have level 32 enemies so its not launching straight away to give people a chance to get beyond level 30

I'm anticipating a very quiet 5 days between now and DLC :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Same, not touching Destiny except for Xur until Tuesday, what a f**k up. All of this info should have been released on Monday WITH OR BEFORE the patch notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

still will do another normal Raid, and finish levelling up my dude to 30 ... and dailys :)

Unless your a base game peasant that is :)

#ExpansionPassMasterRace
    #WarlockMasterRace
    #Level30MasterRace
    #MilionMilionShaderMasterRace
    #StillPrettyCrapAtTheGamePeasantRace

Going to do ten 5000XP bounties and save them for when I have new stuff to level. Will give a little head start.

I've still to get the Raid done this week.

RNGeesus, shine thy light on this repentant heathen, bless him with thy lord Kabr's Brazen Grips.
    He know not the wisdom of thine prophet Xur, grant him the power of the 14th Saint.
    He has seen war, show him the beauty of Destructions Delivery.

Slow news day, but a tip of the day none the less:

Best Glimmer Farming method

EXCLUSION ZONE

All those Cabal and Cabal majors at the beginning of the mission give out so much Glimmer if you pop a Resupply Code, kill all but one, then die/kill yourself, and repeat the checkpoint. Do this for 30 minutes. If you're efficient enough, you can nearly max out your Glimmer in that time (you can definitely max out your Glimmer in under an hour, so it's a very nice way to farm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

I've still to get the Raid done this week.

RNGeesus, shine thy light on this repentant heathen, bless him with thy lord Kabr's Brazen Grips.
    He know not the wisdom of thine prophet Xur, grant him the power of the 14th Saint.
    He has seen war, show him the beauty of Destructions Delivery.

I'll be on around 9 if you want to run the raid. I ran it on Tuesday and got the rewards for the first section but didn't complete the rest. Does this mean I won't get any further rewards or is it just for the first section?

cdb wrote: »
    I'll be on around 9 if you want to run the raid. I ran it on Tuesday and got the rewards for the first section but didn't complete the rest. Does this mean I won't get any further rewards or is it just for the first section?

Cool. Hopefully I can make it. You won't receive anything for the first section only. After that, it'll be all Shards and Energy.

Hehehehehehe :pac:

mnPRvS6.jpg?1

Hehehehehehe :pac:

Oh you...
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This guy... this guy is a f**king d**k.... can anyone tell me why ;)

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018431804634/2305843009245437314

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

How the hell did they do that? 1 day 2 hours and they are level 30.

How the hell did they do that? 1 day 2 hours and they are level 30.

(I've rewetted* all 7 Saw films recently so i'm gonna do this in John Krammers voice)

Look closely Josey Wales, not everything is as it appears, the answer is right in front of you

*that was a typo, but i'm not fixing it cause it's blooming hilarious.... Rewetted... wtf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Whats that i read about 7000 glimmer and 7 coins for upgrading exotics.

Anybody for raiding, normal or hard(ps4)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Whats that i read about 7000 glimmer and 7 coins for upgrading exotics.

Anybody for raiding, normal or hard(ps4)

To reforge your exotics with Xur to get the new max level announced yesterday you need to give him 7000 glimmer(which is funny as he doesn't want it :p) and an exotic shard(break down an exotic or buy for 7 strange coins from Xur). After a lot of posts from angry players online, including here, Deej had to do some damage control and post that the reforged exotics will start at the current maximums e.g 300 for weapons, 30 light for armour.

It was his drops.... only has done 7 Raid activities, think a full raid start to finish counts as 4.

Yet he has:
    3x Armour
    Ship
    Sparrow
    2x Weapons
    Class item

8 Raid drops.... WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

To reforge your exotics with Xur to get the new max level announced yesterday you need to give him 7000 glimmer(which is funny as he doesn't want it :p) and an exotic shard(break down an exotic or buy for 7 strange coins from Xur). After a lot of posts from angry players online, including here, Deej had to do some damage control and post that the reforged exotics will start at the current maximums e.g 300 for weapons, 30 light for armour.

I dont see why it is 7000 and a shard, surely it should be either or.

Since xur takes a weekly holiday , does that mean realistically we can only do 2 exotics per week. 14 coins and 14000 glimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Probably doing it on HM, still lucky to get 3 different pieces of armour though,.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I dont see why it is 7000 and a shard, surely it should be either or.

Since xur takes a weekly holiday , does that mean realistically we can only do 2 exotics per week. 14 coins and 14000 glimmer

Well yes an no, he's going to have a random selection of 6 guns and 6 armour (2 for each class) that you can get upgraded, so some weeks you might have none, some weeks you might have 4 etc.

I've said before and I'll say it again, you should only re-roll your exotics if a 7% damage increase (323 over 300) is important to you.

I won't be re-rolling any of my fully levelled ones until i've built up some alternatives that I hadn't until now, bothered levelling (Thorn, Last Word etc).

Go back a few pages and you'll see all the details.
    Also re-rolled weapons will start at 300 damage.
    And you can get lots of coins from Nightfalls, Public Events, Engrams etc etc too, maybe like another 7 a week

• Advertisement

It was his drops.... only has done 7 Raid activities, think a full raid start to finish counts as 4.

Yet he has:
    3x Armour
    Ship
    Sparrow
    2x Weapons
    Class item

8 Raid drops.... WTF

I got more than that in two raids on hard, mind you that was after quite a few normal runs with only a pair of boots to show for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement