Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

will be thinking of you mirrorwall your having a rough few weeks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

bobskii wrote: »
    will be thinking of you mirrorwall your having a rough few weeks .

It's an odd one, coz I'm not actually feeling that bad tho when the bleeds happen they're a bit scary, they've only lasted like two bathroom visits so you end up feeling a bit of a fraud when there's others in here so sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Get well soon mirror wall take it easy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It's an odd one, coz I'm not actually feeling that bad tho when the bleeds happen they're a bit scary, they've only lasted like two bathroom visits so you end up feeling a bit of a fraud when there's others in here so sick!

Not at all - you're in the best place for yourself and babs, they wouldn't admit you if they didn't feel there was a need

I remember a friend of mine was having bleeds like that and they kept her In . She was put on complete bed rest so don't be surprised if that's what they recommend . whatever is best for you and babs.

• Advertisement

I remember a friend of mine was having bleeds like that and they kept her In . She was put on complete bed rest so don't be surprised if that's what they recommend . whatever is best for you and babs.

Boo :) hopefully they are short enough that it won't come to that. They happy with everything this morning anyways. No harm to be observed anyways.

Funnily enough I'm actually sleeping ok this time, I think it's coz one of the ladies snores and so does my OH rofl!

lol I'd need to get someone to get into the bed and leave me with as little room as possible to remind me of home!

lol I'd need to get someone to get into the bed and leave me with as little room as possible to remind me of home!

Ha ha that'd be hilarious, the beds are barely wide enough to turn never mind have a second person in them!

lol it feels like I sleep beside an octopus some nites!I'll be well used to lack of space!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I seem to be the annoying sleeper in our house. I had a pillow under my bump the other night and while half asleep tried to move it. Because I was lying on it, my hand flew off and I punched my poor husband in the nose. He didn't even remember the next day :)

• Advertisement

that made me lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My husband just brought in one of my "Christmas" presents because it just arrived and insisted I take it now instead of at Christmas (what's the point like?), it's a f*cking massive pregnancy pillow, with two giant long sides of pillow. It's huge, we have a normal double bed, it, me and him will never fit.

It was 50e, which he doesn't have spare and for something that I don't bloody need, I have nothing remotely resembling a bump yet and going by my family's genes I'm not likely to have a hint of one until 6-7 months, so where the f*ck is this giant thing supposed to live til then?

His heart was in the right place but goddammit I am sick of him spending money on things we don't need, and things I'm supposed to be delighted to receive and then have to find places to keep them. And now I feel like a b!tch because I was just :confused: when he opened it out, whereas he wanted me to be happy and pleased, but I just hate the waste of money and cluttering up the place with things we don't need.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Typical man spottybananas! The amount of crap we spent money on when I was pregnant with no 1 is ridicilous :eek: Although having said that, in a couple of months time you'll probably get great use out of it. I have a dream genii pillow that I've used in both pregnancies from 4 months and it's an absolute godsend :)

In a couple of months I'll be 6-7 months, so at best he's spent 50 quid on a pillow I'll use for 3 months, we have nowhere to store something this big indefinitely.

The really galling thing is I really need a new actual pillow, and he goes and gets this fecking giant one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

My husband just brought in one of my "Christmas" presents because it just arrived and insisted I take it now instead of at Christmas (what's the point like?), it's a f*cking massive pregnancy pillow, with two giant long sides of pillow. It's huge, we have a normal double bed, it, me and him will never fit.

It was 50e, which he doesn't have spare and for something that I don't bloody need, I have nothing remotely resembling a bump yet and going by my family's genes I'm not likely to have a hint of one until 6-7 months, so where the f*ck is this giant thing supposed to live til then?

His heart was in the right place but goddammit I am sick of him spending money on things we don't need, and things I'm supposed to be delighted to receive and then have to find places to keep them. And now I feel like a b!tch because I was just :confused: when he opened it out, whereas he wanted me to be happy and pleased, but I just hate the waste of money and cluttering up the place with things we don't need.

:(

You will be eating your words soon enough! I hadn't a hint a bump till about 26 weeks and even then it was small enough but I used the pillow from 18/20 weeks because of heartburn and hip pain. Both were hormonal not caused by size of baby. Mine was €60 and at 32 weeks now I'd pay 3 times that for anything that helps with a nights sleep. Give him a break he thought he was doing good.

Moving home I already have heartburn but sitting up more or more pillows doesn't help it. This pillow is so HUGE, like, storage of it will be a major issue afterwards, they should sell it with a bag it fits neatly into because it was small when it was wrapped up super tight.

Ok, we've all calmed down now. I feel so awful, but so mad at the same time. He was broken hearted when I didn't love it, I hate that, he is the sweetest most amazing man and I hate when I can't cover up my annoyance when I know he was trying to be lovely and I just see the waste of money. I sound so ungrateful, lots of women would love to have a man who was so thoughtful, paid attention to me not sleeping well, researched it and got me what would be one of the best pillows, in that it has two sides, so lots of support, and he said he doesn't need much of the bed so it doesn't matter that it'd take up space :( And he said he knows I love sleeping with loads of pillows around me so thought I'd love it *sobs with love*

But at the same time, I don't feel this is something I would've bought myself, the sheer size of it, and I would've waited until I felt I needed it. And also, he has social things coming up soon that he needs to save money for so I wish he'd kept his money for that. So we're both feeling hurt (him by me, me by seeing his poor face), both disappointed with ourselves, this is rotten.

I am not a crier and I sobbed for 20 minutes about how ungratefully I reacted :( Tbf, I said thanks and stuff, he just knows me well enough to know what I'm thinking.

He's gone to work now so I'm going to have nice dinner ready when he gets in later, and he can have some of my ice cream stash, God I feel so awful. Will definitely be helping out with his spending money for his social stuff soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Sounds like you have a gud'un spottybananas.

I was told by my loving hubby this morning that the reason I nearly fainted on the train into work was because I was unfit. Not because I'm 12 weeks pregnant, have bouts of low blood pressure, and was standing for 35 mins on a crowded train. Aren't I so lucky!! You would swear I never did any exercise just because I'm not out running like I used to (due to lack of energy) he thinks I do nothing. Never mind all the walking I do just to commute to and from work. Rant over.

Just wanted to show you spottybananas the other side of the coin. Hubby would never even consider buying me anything on spec like that.

Oh Blingy I'd kill your fella!

I know, he is an absolute gem, but that's why I have to remind him to reign in the generous gifts because otherwise he'd spend all his spare money on presents for everyone and be broke and our house would be like a hoarders

I am very aware of how special and brilliant he is, a friend of mine is currently dealing with the kind of guy who doesn't get it yet, comments on why she's so tired, why didn't she do this, why doesnt' she want to do that etc, whereas mine whips around with a worried face if I so much as say ouch over anything, be it pregnancy related or just me being clumsy :o

He knows I think he is the bestest, this was a blip, we'll be ok by bedtime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Aww don't feel bad!

He obviously did his research - pregnant women RAVE about those pillows! Good on him.

But not everyone needs them. I'm one of those few women who slept comfortably flat on my back right up until baby was born. The odd time I needed a pillow, my boyfriend sufficed - he's great for snuggling up to! :D If he'd arrived home with a pillow, I'd have been thinking "isn't that your job, to be a pillow?!" :D

There are issues with storage in our house, too, and I'd have been annoyed to have another big massive yoke to find space for.

I found pedicures amazing late in pregnancy. Any chance you could suggest selling the pillow on Adverts and using the proceeds towards a pedicure? Something you'd actually appreciate and enjoy?

Yeah indigo I said I want to hug him not a pillow!

I'll give it a try but most likely I will keep it because I couldn't make him return it or sell it on now. The more I thought about it the more I would say it would make a great pillow for breastfeeding (if that works out) if you sat inside the curved bit and folded one long bit behind you for support. And he's right, I do love sleeping with pillows around me, so maybe I can just use it as my treat when he goes away rather than raiding all the pillows in the house to make a kind of fort :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

I know you feel terrible for making him feel bad spottybanans but I'm sure he understands. Most men don't see the big picture.

I was also gifted a dream genie pillow when pregnant & thought it was a waste but in the end got good use out of it. Ended up in hospital for last 2&half wks of pregnancy and it was great for an extra pillow when watching tv(hospital ones very thin). I used to put it down beside me at night cos I hated sleeping alone. I know you won't need it for any of those things but when my babies were born it was great to wrap around one of them, think they thought it was arms. I still use it for tummy time for one of them to give a bit of support. Some people use them for feeding too so don't write it off yet!!

Think the nice dinner is a lovely idea but scrape the ice cream part you'll regret that decision :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I have two massive pregnancy pillows in the hot press that were well meaning, but unused gifts! I just find them way too big in the bed. Almost 9 months now and all I need is a regular pillow to rest under my bump.

Llambert yeah it'd be great for propping a little person up safely in the middle of our bed, hmm, yes, I need to just find more uses for it. I can't get rid of it, and in fairness I have a few pregnant friends who aren't as far along as me so I can lend it to them too if needed.

I don't mind giving him some icecream, I bought an awful lot of it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Another thing I used it for was along the back of the couch when I was lying down. You know the way it can tilt abit. Not funny trying to get out of that situation alone when your bump arrives!!

If I get too warm I get all light headed and achy - have had to lie down for a while after cooking dinner!! Ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

More antenatal clinic woes :( You come here with your missus and 2 infant children, ye take up a whole bench of seats while heavily pregnant women lean against walls to support themselves and when your little boy throws himself down on the ground in a full scale tantrum of wild banshee screaming and kicking, you don't so much as offer to bring him outside to calm him down, instead you stand over him on the ground and tell him to shut up repeatedly for 10 minutes until he quietens down.

I hope you get the trots :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi all just wondering if anyone has experienced sicatatia? 32 weeks pregnant with morning sickness and nausea all the way, placenta previa confirmed 2 weeks ago after 3 bleeds in as many weeks and to add to the mix sicatatia since yday eve. Cant walk, cant turn in the bed, cant sleep.

Rang hosp at 5am they said nothing can be done really only apply heat and take parcementamol. Any other tips???

Cosycottager I just had a lovely deep tissue massage a few days ago for sciatic pain and upper back, it was amazing. I had issues with my sciatic nerve last year and had the same massage and went to an osteopath and it didnt hurt again until now but now theres a legitimate reason with my pelvis moving.

The massage and osteo are suitable during pregnancy but now I am one of those people why enjoys deep painful massage and the sciatic work the last day was SORE, like a hot knife, but fixed it immediately. I go about once every 6-8 weeks for back issues which Im going to keep up or go more often if needed.

Why am I starting to vomit now?? Lovely second trimester my ass!

• Advertisement

Why am I starting to vomit now?? Lovely second trimester my ass!

I've been much more nauseous and bloated since 14 weeks, lying ba$tards!

Advertisement