Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Heartburn!!!!!! Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

When I get up from a chair there's a huge surge of pressure down there. Frightened the life out of me,thought I was in labour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I feel like my body is punking me - in the second trimester now and having the worst nausea today. In work and having to concentrate on not spewing, shallow breaths and sips of water. Also wrecked and every time I yawn I gag :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Stinker of a headache all through the night and today and paracetamol is about as effective as smarties.

Oh and this morning I had that old familiar MS feeling, hoping to God it doesn't come back like before (it only went away at around 7 months!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I feel like my body is punking me - in the second trimester now and having the worst nausea today. In work and having to concentrate on not spewing, shallow breaths and sips of water. Also wrecked and every time I yawn I gag :(

I'm severely annoyed with this second trimester "nicest trimester" bull****, my nausea and heartburn have ramped up since week 13, so not fair. And I don't even have a hint of a bump yet, which would at least feel like some bit of a reward!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have tried to deal with a problem all by myself for a few weeks but i'm having no success. I'm 27 weeks pregnant. Have had some of the usual problems; swollen ankles, sore back, lack of sleep etc. But about 5 weeks ago, i got the worst vaginal itch ever. It went after a few days but now it is back worse than ever. It is soo sore and irritated that i can barely wipe myself. I was awake at 4.30 this morning putting a cold compress on it to try and soothe the pain. I have also used canestan cream which didnt do a thing to ease it. I change my underwear 3 times a day, bathe myself 3 times a day to keep the area clean (only use warm water). To add to all this i think i have a rectal tear so put the 2 of them together and i now waddle instead of walk. I am planning to go to the doc on Monday as i can't take much more of it. Has anybody any useful tips or home remedys that might help me please til Monday.

Sorry if its too much information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Probiotic yoghurt is amazing for thrush and you can rub it on the area aswell. HOWEVER, I'm not sure about during pregnancy if this home remedy can be used so please ask a professional first. Your GP will be able to prescribe you something aswell.

Yoghurt is fine acc to my doc but if it's going on a while it's probably not going to cut it on its own. Possibly TMI!

I got the mother of all ones a few weeks back. Defo see your doc but mine cleared with:
    Canestan suppository things from pharmacy
    Water only for fluids, no sweets sugar etc
    Hairdryer on cold 'down there' after washing until thoroughly dry because thrush thrives on moisture
    Bare at night :)

Go to the doc tho if it's going on a while. Mine was as a result of antibiotics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yes canestan suppository is great. Diflucan is even better which needs a prescription... But again, not sure about diflucan in pregnancy. Maybe go to your GP tomorrow if you can instead of waiting till Monday as you will have a weekend of misery.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Yes canestan suppository is great. Diflucan is even better which needs a prescription... But again, not sure about diflucan in pregnancy. Maybe go to your GP tomorrow if you can instead of waiting till Monday as you will have a weekend of misery.

Oh definitely don't wait, for some reason I thought the weekend was tomorrow. Baby brain. If you've been suffering then no point giving yourself the extra pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks very much for all your replies. I got an emergency appointment with the doc this morning because i had another sleepless night. It turns out its not thrush at all. He explained that it looks like an allergic reaction to something ie shower gel or fabric condition that has turned bacterial and spread. Ive been given fucibet, an antihistamine and emulsion oil to treat the area. In a few more days i will be back to normal. Thanks again everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hallo heartburn

goodbye sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Don't think there's enough room in me for baby & food, so uncomfortable after meals!!

Sick of wearing the same few bits of clothes, and I just can't justify buying at the end! Roll on December

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Sick of wearing the same few bits of clothes, and I just can't justify buying at the end! Roll on December

I worn alot of my pregnancy clothes for a few months after I had my son, I was still quite swollen for awhile after, definately didn't get back my pre-pregnancy clothes for long than I had visioned. If some new clothes make you feel better go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

You might find too that you need a bigger size in some clothes for the final month

I actually had to pick up a few bits today after my boob leaked in blanch,if there was ever an excuse to go shopping ...

So we visited my OHs parents this evening after a long day at school. I was wrecked but I knew they were worried about me after the bleed last week. The stupid tire pressure was low so we were delayed leaving while OH and his dad tried to inflate it which didn't work. We then had to stop in a petrol station on the way home to do all the tyres so ended up even later home. I went straight to bed coz I was flattened. OH followed a few mins later.
    I've amazingly managed to get comfortable and fall asleep when his phone rings coz he never text his mum to say we were home even though he said he would. He goes straight off to sleep again and I'm left with the trip to the bathroom and the usual battle to get comfortable. I am eventually falling asleep again when he sits up and starts clearing his throat incessantly. This is because he refused to take antacids even though he SAID he had heartburn and I had them right there. He wakes me up completely again and AGAIN refuses to take antacids. He lies down and between F*ING snores he continues to clear his throat LOUDLY every few minutes to the point that I cannot get back to sleep, so far from it its not even funny. I'm now down on the couch bawling my eyes out because I'm totally overtired, irrationally angry with the bastard who is asleep in the bed and I have work in the morning and I'm going to be wrecked again.
    I can't stop crying :( and he won't even notice coz he'd sleep through a ****ing earthquake and doesn't even know I'm up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I hope you had a few hours sleep . I wish I was one of those people who can ring in sick and not worry bout the extra work I'd put on other people :(

Mirrorwall God love you that sounds so tough.

I am absolutely f*cked up of this nausea/heartburn. I am incredibly grateful that I haven't actually vomited but, like, I'm passed 16 weeks now, everything I read says it will pass for almost everyone by 13-14 weeks :( I'm fine in the mornings, but from lunch on it's nagging and horrible. The only time it isn't at me is when I eat, but at the same time I'm not hungry that much.

Also, constipation is ridiculous :(

• Advertisement

My heartburn only got worse as the weeks went on.

Try keep something in your stomach it really helps me.

Whispered wrote: »
    My heartburn only got worse as the weeks went on.

Try keep something in your stomach it really helps me.

Thanks, its just not practical to eat so often though, even tiny things little and often. Between work, lack of appetite and maintaining healthy slow weight gain I just can't do it.

I'm still throwing up at 29 weeks :(

Things were better today, I can laugh a bit at it now but man I was in such bad form last night!!

Thanks, its just not practical to eat so often though, even tiny things little and often. Between work, lack of appetite and maintaining healthy slow weight gain I just can't do it.

My weight gain has been grand but for a lot of the pregnancy I've had to forgo meals and just have tiny pieces, like a carrot or raw broccoli or if I'm being bad a biscuit/cracker every hour and a half which is a pain. Thankfully my circumstances allow for that.

I can tell you though, I can't wait to sit down and have a full meal! The amount of food I've wasted by "feeling hungry" then not having more than two bites is ridiculous.

I'm 37 weeks now and the only way I can sleep without horrible heartburn is to snack before bed. Even then it doesn't always work. Rennies are my best friend at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Had a clinic appointment this morning and my urine dip showed blood/leukocytes/protein. Insisted that I haven't had any other symptoms so instead of giving me antibiotics, they decided to bring me back next week to test again. As soon as I left the maternity, uti symptoms kicked in :rolleyes: Typical :(

God damn it. 29 weeks, just went to the bathroom and blood again. Doing a kick count then ringing hospital. Deja vu from last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Oh you poor thing I hope everything's ok :( Did they give you a reason for the last bleed?

Oh you poor thing I hope everything's ok :( Did they give you a reason for the last bleed?

Nope didn't find a cause. Everything looked ok so sent home. On a monitor in the Coombe at the mo. He seems to be moving fine so hoping I get to go home. Fecking wrecked now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Nope didn't find a cause. Everything looked ok so sent home. On a monitor in the Coombe at the mo. He seems to be moving fine so hoping I get to go home. Fecking wrecked now

That sounds horrible - such a worry! Fingers crossed you got to go home to your own bed x

Minor in comparison but nausea is back, gagging every few minutes - bleurgh

• Advertisement

That sounds horrible - such a worry! Fingers crossed you got to go home to your own bed x

Minor in comparison but nausea is back, gagging every few minutes - bleurgh

Oh nausea sucks ass. Tbh at least when in hospital you know everything is ok (assuming it is) but the nausea vomiting is diabolical on a daily basis!

Kept in til Monday for observation but no issues showin right now

Advertisement