Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

I feel AWFUL today. Worst day yet and I'm only 6.5 weeks in *cries*

I haven't thrown up yet but it's only a matter of time, I can feel it... How do other commuting pregnant ladies deal with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yesterday I had a small bleed, then last night movements moved from the front of my abdomen to way in deep, I feel like my ass/cervix are being kicked from the inside, it makes my stomach lurch, it feels so weird!

Is this a legitimate "style" of movement/position at 20 weeks or am I imagining it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yesterday I had a small bleed, then last night movements moved from the front of my abdomen to way in deep, I feel like my ass/cervix are being kicked from the inside, it makes my stomach lurch, it feels so weird!

Is this a legitimate "style" of movement/position at 20 weeks or am I imagining it??

Hi spottybananas... Did you get checked out regarding the small bleed or at least Ring the hospital? Prob nothing to worry about or anything as this can happen a lot. Id still get checked out tho? Mind urself.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi spottybananas... Did you get checked out regarding the small bleed or at least Ring the hospital? Prob nothing to worry about or anything as this can happen a lot. Id still get checked out tho? Mind urself.

Yes I got that checked obviously, I wasn't asking about that.

Yes I got that checked obviously, I wasn't asking about that.

Christ almighty... Those pregnancy hormones are rife. No need to be so defensive....

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Christ almighty... Those pregnancy hormones are rife. No need to be so defensive....

Oh the old "pregnancy hormones" line when people don't like what you say! I wasn't being defensive, I literally meant I wasn't asking about that in my question, I was just putting it in for other relevant info, I wasn't looking for medical advice or whatever, I already got that. I wouldn't just flippantly ask on here about something like that, I was just asking about the movement...never mind, I'll figure it out eventually!

Oh the old "pregnancy hormones" line when people don't like what you say! I wasn't being defensive, I literally meant I wasn't asking about that in my question, I was just putting it in for other relevant info, I wasn't looking for medical advice or whatever, I already got that. I wouldn't just flippantly ask on here about something like that, I was just asking about the movement...never mind, I'll figure it out eventually!

Well if it's not hormones then ur post is just extremely rude and arrogant. With me it was always just hormones if I ever took a tone like that with someone who is only trying to help. But if that's a normal tone for you to take with someone than fair enough... Goodluck with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Dobbit wrote: »
    I feel AWFUL today. Worst day yet and I'm only 6.5 weeks in *cries*

I haven't thrown up yet but it's only a matter of time, I can feel it... How do other commuting pregnant ladies deal with this?

I have a pretty long commute by bus & I've got very bad morning sickness at the moment. I always make sure I have one of those plastic sandwich bags in my handbag just in case cos I don't want to vomit everywhere on the bus! I've vomited straight after getting off it but thankfully haven't had to use it on the bus yet!

Good tip greenorchard, I think I need to start doing something like that just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

37 weeks today and only 3 days left at work!

Achey all over, stingy nipples is a new pain today and I'm walking like a penguin!

Thought I'd gotten away with no stretch marks but today they've appeared from nowhere! Looks like I've been clawed by a tiger on both sides of my stomach!

Can't wait to finish work- hopefully have a week or two to rest and then meet my little man! So surreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

6 days overdue today. I had such an awful sleep last night. I had a headache all night that was bad enough to keep me awake for most of the night. My sinuses are at me so I feel like I have incredible pressure behind my face and I woke up with a swollen eye.

I feel like me whole body is turning on me, I've developed a few spots which I've not had all through pregnancy, over te last few days my stretch marks have melded into one giant mark and now I feel a bit nauseas.

Consultant tomorrow so will probably have to have a sweep. Hopefully it'll get things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Whispered wrote: »
    6 days overdue today. I had such an awful sleep last night. I had a headache all night that was bad enough to keep me awake for most of the night. My sinuses are at me so I feel like I have incredible pressure behind my face and I woke up with a swollen eye.

I feel like me whole body is turning on me, I've developed a few spots which I've not had all through pregnancy, over te last few days my stretch marks have melded into one giant mark and now I feel a bit nauseas.

Consultant tomorrow so will probably have to have a sweep. Hopefully it'll get things moving.

I think going over is just so cruel - I know due dates are a little bit of pot luck but it's only natural that we fixate on due date and to go past that combined with feeling horrible must be the pits. One tip for the sinuses - you can get a saline spray that's safe to use and it gives almost immediate relief. It's like when you get seawater up your nose and just clears everything out. Hope babs makes an appearance soon!

Oh I might try a saline thing! Didn't think of it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think going over is just so cruel - I know due dates are a little bit of pot luck but it's only natural that we fixate on due date and to go past that combined with feeling horrible must be the pits. One tip for the sinuses - you can get a saline spray that's safe to use and it gives almost immediate relief. It's like when you get seawater up your nose and just clears everything out. Hope babs makes an appearance soon!

Yes, I used the Calpol saline spray during pregnancy and found it good. Perfectly safe and gets rid of that painful congestion! Good luck Whispered.

I got my flu shot yesterday in work and the doctor was a bit wary giving it to me because I am so early, (7 weeks on Sat). She said there's always a slight risk of miscarriage but that if you don't get it and get the flu you have a serious risk of getting a respiratory disease (and I guess there's also a risk of miscarriage if you get any type of illness in early pregnancy - like the flu..). I decided to go for it in the end because I checked on the HSE website and they say it's safe at any stage but anyone else have similar warnings over flu shots? I feel fine so hopefully she was just covering herself.

I didn't get a flu shot, it wasn't mentioned to me by my GP, consultant or midwife. Pregnancy nearly over now so maybe it was just timing that nobody felt the need to mention it :confused:

Whispered, I'd say it probably was the timing. A lot of my family work in hospitals so we all get it to be on the safe side. My doctor didn't recommend it either but I always get it so when they said they were doing it in work I just signed up and thought it would be grand!

I got my flu shot yesterday in work and the doctor was a bit wary giving it to me because I am so early, (7 weeks on Sat). She said there's always a slight risk of miscarriage but that if you don't get it and get the flu you have a serious risk of getting a respiratory disease (and I guess there's also a risk of miscarriage if you get any type of illness in early pregnancy - like the flu..). I decided to go for it in the end because I checked on the HSE website and they say it's safe at any stage but anyone else have similar warnings over flu shots? I feel fine so hopefully she was just covering herself.

My consultant saw me at 7 weeks and told me to get it asap as risk of flu much more serious than risk of the vaccine

Edited to add I didn't actually get around to it for a few weeks but she was happy for me to get it that early

Thanks angeldelight, good to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Im 9 weeks and the morning sickness is getting bad. I feel like crap most of the day but at about 17:00 it gets really bad, then at 21:00 again and last night at 4 in the morning I was up for an hour heaving but not actually getting sick.

its like having a permanent hangover or travel sickness. I get it if im hungry or if ive eaten.

This is my second baby and it was not this bad on the first. I read somewhere that its usually not bad on the second if it wasn't bad on the first. how wrong was I for believing that. Haha im feeling really sorry for myself.

Worst thing is, I hate when I have to run to the toilet to be sick. A couple of times my toddler followed me and I hate her seeing that. She has only thrown up herself about twice in her whole life. She told me 'have you got dirt in your mouth?' haha 'don't worry mama'. Now shes started fake heaving too.

Anyone any tips? maybe someone might have a miracle cure :-s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Im 9 weeks and the morning sickness is getting bad. I feel like crap most of the day but at about 17:00 it gets really bad, then at 21:00 again and last night at 4 in the morning I was up for an hour heaving but not actually getting sick.

its like having a permanent hangover or travel sickness. I get it if im hungry or if ive eaten.

This is my second baby and it was not this bad on the first. I read somewhere that its usually not bad on the second if it wasn't bad on the first. how wrong was I for believing that. Haha im feeling really sorry for myself.

Worst thing is, I hate when I have to run to the toilet to be sick. A couple of times my toddler followed me and I hate her seeing that. She has only thrown up herself about twice in her whole life. She told me 'have you got dirt in your mouth?' haha 'don't worry mama'. Now shes started fake heaving too.

Anyone any tips? maybe someone might have a miracle cure :-s

Having snacks around like popcorn worked for me as I couldn't eat much but was more nauseated when hungry. I still got sick sometimes but this made work manageable at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Sickness sounds rough Saralee- hope it passes soon!

I'm lying here at 5 in the morning feeling very sorry for myself. Took me so long to get pregnant I was sure I'd never complain but here I am lol! How quickly we forget!

I finished up for maternity leave yesterday- will be 38 weeks on weds. Haven't slept more than 3 hours at a time now in weeks! Right now I've got a really bad sore throat, my head id full of mucus and I can't decide if I'm too hot or too cold- just deffo not 'just right'

Woke up there with awful heartburn too do had to traipse downstairs to get gaviscon.

Been guzzling lemon, honey and ginger all night. Added a dribble if whiskey into one which I think contributed to a couple hours sleep earlier.

Took another hot drink and 2 paracetamol at 2 as well. I know I just need to sleep it off/ just wish I could sleep!

Moan over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

From what I remember of reading up on it at the time, the big risk of getting flu during pregnancy is that it majorly increases the chances of giving birth prematurely (and all of the associated difficulties for the baby.)

While I've heard of a slight risk of causing miscarriage when given early on, from everything I've read, there's no real definite scientific link. With the rates of miscarriage in the first pregnancy being as they are, there are plenty of anecdotal stories of women who got the flu vaccine early in pregnancy and miscarried afterwards - but while some of the women in question may blame the vaccine, it hasn't been proven and could have just been coincidental; the miscarriage could have been imminent anyways. If there was a strong measurable increase in the risk of miscarriage after the vaccine, it would have been identified long before now.

It was easier for me to decide, as I was around five months on when offered the vaccine - it was a no-brainer. But even in your position, if it happened that the best time to get it was in the first trimester, I'd still have gotten it. Without a doubt. Even if you've never had flu before, your immune system is weakened in pregnancy, plus of course you're in and out of the GP and hospital with appointments all the way through for your appointments - you'll end up exposed to everything.

I'd also ask about the whooping cough vaccine, although I didn't get it in my last pregnancy. As far as I remember, this also gives the baby immunity for a few months after birth, until the baby gets the vaccination themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Shooting pains in crotch earlier. Lower back pain on one side. Baby turning his head feels like he's scratching me from the inside. Lots of pressure. Not a good day today

Thought I was over the worst of my morning sickness as I haven't been as bad recently but it's horrendous today. I've vomited at least 10 times already & can't keep anything down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Thought I was over the worst of my morning sickness as I haven't been as bad recently but it's horrendous today. I've vomited at least 10 times already & can't keep anything down :(

Awh you poor thing. I get sick once a day at about 5-6 o clock at night. its been like that for 2 weeks but still have nausea pretty much all day. Its not a lot so im not worried about dehydration or anything like that but you should keep an eye on yours if it keeps up because getting sick 10 times a day is a lot. Head to the doc if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thinking/wishing every niggle is labour :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Carpel tunnel. Right hand in constant pain or dead fingers

Thanks, will head to doc tomorrow if no improvement as I'm still vomiting everything up, even little sips of water. Absolutely starving but nothing's staying down.
    Saralee4 wrote: »
    Awh you poor thing. I get sick once a day at about 5-6 o clock at night. its been like that for 2 weeks but still have nausea pretty much all day. Its not a lot so im not worried about dehydration or anything like that but you should keep an eye on yours if it keeps up because getting sick 10 times a day is a lot. Head to the doc if it continues.

• Advertisement

All ready to go out, took final mouthful of my coffee which went down the wrong way so I coughed, grand. Next thing I threw up my undigested breakfast all over myself and the sitting room. Lovely!

Advertisement